Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Nirvash_Destroyer

What is you're favorite motorcycle or bike in AMG?

Nirvash_Destroyer    9
Nirvash_Destroyer

So, as it says, what is your favorite motorcycle, or bike in the Ah! My Goddess universe.

So since i started this, i'll go first:

My favorite motorcycles/bikes would have to be the Brough Superior SS100 in the anime, and the BMW that Keiichi used with the sidecar. [i'm still confused as to what model that bike is, but i think it's a BMW R100R or a BMW R50/5]

Mike Nguyen    4
Mike Nguyen

Gotta go with Keiichi's bike. BMW RS Series with the side car attachment also. For a while now I've been looking for that bike in the market to see if I can purchase one lol. After watching AMG for so long I've been wanting that bike for a while now.

Zen    53
Zen

My favorite is the side-car racer in the movie. Watching K1 and Belldandy race that bike is a joy! It looks like a dance, but more intimate.

pierre15208    13
pierre15208

I'm gonna go off the board on this one. I like Chihiro's Krauser Domani. That is a radical bike. Too bad it isn't available in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krauser_Domani

Edited by pierre15208

Zen    53
Zen

I'm gonna go off the board on this one. I like Chihiro's Krauser Domani. That is a radical bike. Too bad it isn't available in the US.

http://en.wikipedia..../Krauser_Domani

That one is very cool too!

pierre15208    13
pierre15208

If this has been answered before, please stop me, but why is the sidecar on Keiichi's bike on the left side of the bike? Every bike w/ a sidecar that i see in real life is on the right. Is it because it's a Euro-spec bike that the sidecar is on the left, or is it specific to that model of BMW? I've always wondered that.

Nirvash_Destroyer    9
Nirvash_Destroyer

If this has been answered before, please stop me, but why is the sidecar on Keiichi's bike on the left side of the bike? Every bike w/ a sidecar that i see in real life is on the right. Is it because it's a Euro-spec bike that the sidecar is on the left, or is it specific to that model of BMW? I've always wondered that.

Well, that could be a reason, seeing the euro models compared to most other models. It could be that the sidecar itself is older than the bike, but then it could prove some troubles as to getting it attached. The artist could've completely forgoten that, and drew it on the left because it looked better.

However, i'm probably not the best to ask about these things. Timothetus might know something as to why it is, but im too lazy to check at the moment. :p

cavemanjed    0
cavemanjed

Well, that could be a reason, seeing the euro models compared to most other models. It could be that the sidecar itself is older than the bike, but then it could prove some troubles as to getting it attached. The artist could've completely forgoten that, and drew it on the left because it looked better.

However, i'm probably not the best to ask about these things. Timothetus might know something as to why it is, but im too lazy to check at the moment. :p

Found this:

In general, countries with road driving on the right, as in the U.S., have sidecars mounted on the RIGHT side of the motorcycle. The reverse is also true, sidecars are mounted on the left in England, etc, where driving is done on the other side of the road.

So apparently it was not unusual for a left side mounted sidecar in countries that drive in the left hand lane. On that note I'd have to say top 3 bikes are the Brough, Keichi's beemer, and Keima's Matchless.

Cavemanjed

Edited by cavemanjed

tehninja    13
tehninja

mines not really a motorcycle but i did like the one that keiichi made out of a snowmobile

Scinfaxi    5
Scinfaxi

So apparently it was not unusual for a left side mounted sidecar in countries that drive in the left hand lane.

True. I never noticed that it was on the left side, because that's how they are over here in the UK. As is evidenced by this photograph:

wallace_gromit_420-420x0.jpg

Can't get much more proof than that!

Badi Yee    2
Badi Yee

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Chichiro's modified Yamaha YZF. THe latest reincarnation is the R5. Though to be honest, I've ridden the exact one in the manga, 1000cc and I nearly jizzed in the pants. It just has so much of power. (and imagine in the manga Chichiro wanted to squeeze more juice out of it!?)

grayfox123    133
grayfox123

Just looking around and came upon this topic...

My favourite bike....is Belldandy's special modification of Chihiro's bike from chapter 211

According to the TV tropes AMG page, the end product 'looks like a Bimota or Vyrus bike'

Bell chan really knows her bikes....

bell special bike.jpg