Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nanahuatzin

Order of the Mortal Knights

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

Thanks Zoro50 for his beta reading and cleaning
Fan fiction, inspired by "Oh My Goddess" by Kosuke Fujishima.

The order of the Mortal Knights
By Javier Delgado Rosas

Chapter XXX1

Terrorist

Summary: Belldandy founds she has to defect and destroy her father´s avatar, but she may not be able to save Lind. Keiichi uses Galielo to get into Yggdrasill and learn long forgotten secrets of the gods, while Urd found too much power can be the road to maddnes. On earth Shugahara founds he need to defeat the oldest enemies of humanity, fear and hate.

Giorgio shouted even though he knew his voice would not be heard. He had seen too many times the effect of mines and feared he had to watch it again. He stopped screaming when he realized that the vehicle had stopped exactly at the point where the previous vehicles had stopped, as if they knew it was the right place.

He saw the man and the child abandon the vehicle and begin to walk slowly towards the village, but they stopped a couple of meters from the place he knew there was a mine. The boy had something in his hand, it looked like a small laptop and he told something to the man, then pointed to a place in front of them, it was the exact place Giorgio knew there was a mine! Nodding the man pulled something from his pocket. Giorgio quickly grabbed one of his video cameras, forgetting and any further attempt at keeping hidden, and he ran to the edge of the cliff where he leaned against a rock. Using the maximum zoom of his powerful camera, he examined the scene. He was able to see the man's features; he looked like a middle-aged Japanese in a suit which seemed more appropriate in a university classroom than in a town taken over by terrorists.

Due to the distance it was hard to keep the camera still, the tripod was in his hiding spot but he did not want to lose any detail. Finally he stabilized the image, and was able to see that the man was carrying a sort of elaborated medallion around his neck. Painstakingly he was able to capture a still image. It seemed like an ancient medallion carved in wood with strange markings and he was sure they were not in Japanese.

Almost the same time Giorgio managed to finish his inspection, the man and the child finished discussing the terrain around them and the man pulled something from his pocket. It seemed like a small cylinder that the man wielded and pointed to the place where Giorgio knew there was a mine. The cylinder seemed to extend, like those old telescopic pointers used by teachers. The explosion took Giorgio by surprise. He could see shrapnel flying everywhere. It was strange to see the silent flash of the explosion. Giorgio uttered a futile cry of warning, he had seen bloody bodies, shredded by mines shrapnel, thrown into the air many times, and then the horror of watching those mutilated bodies move and writhe in pain. He knew mines were usually not designed to kill but to injure and mutilate. A cloud of dust and sand had risen obscuring the scene. A few seconds later, due to the distance, came the explosion sound. It sounded ridiculously high pitched, like fireworks used in festivities, but he knew that sound was misleading.

As he stood petrified, a gush of wind suddenly cleared the scene and he realized the man and the child were still there, unharmed. He saw how the dust delineated a sphere around them. Something extraordinary had just happened! Again Giorgio focused his camera on the scene, this time it has more difficult as his pulse was trembling. The man turned around and looked away, looking directly to Giorgio as if he knew he was there. He saw through the lens of his camera, and then man was staring directly to him. Yes, he knew Giorgio was watching him! The Japanese smiled and then bowed respectfully as if he were thanking him.

Giorgio almost dropped his camera; he was unable to understand how they knew about him. At that moment he heard footsteps behind him, he thought it was his partner and excited he turned around to talk about what he had just seen. But he was left speechless as fear and surprise paralyzed him. The figure he found was not his friend, but a stocky man with some kind of military uniform without any identifying marks. Then the man smiled and spoke with a deep French accent.

- Monsieur Giorgio Vaglia I presume.

To continue reading, please go to:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/31/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

Edited by Nanahuatzin

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

Thanks Zoro50 for his beta reading and cleaning

By Javier Delgado Rosas

Chapter XXXII

Son of Gaia

Summary: Urd have been wounded and while she tried to keep fighting, she has to face a new rebellion. On earth Shugahara and Sentaro now have to face the oldest and more powerful enemy of humanity: Hate. Meanwhile on heaven Keiichi has to face a major god, and learns power is not the best answer, at the same time Belldandy has to made a sorrowful decision: to betray Lind

The world was all darkness, yet that did not stop Urd , she continued cursing and struggling to maintain her magic working. She had never given up before any demon or god, and would not do it under that invisible enemy that hide behind the appearance of a hostile universe. She felt her consciousness fade so she cursed once again and screamed fighting against the unconsciousness that was about to conquer her.

She felt as if she was about to become part of that universe that kept silent at her curses, It had always done so , then she was shocked at hearing a familiar and friendly voice that echoed in her mind.

- My Princess Urd, for now your work is over, it's time to rest. Save your anger for future battles.

Urd realized that the pain had disappeared and struggled for a moment to feel it again as it reminded her that she was still alive, but her body was not responding, and now instead of pain she felt comforting arms holding her. Urd tried to curse again. Outraged she realized that someone was carrying her in his arms, as if she were a little girl. She tried to fight those arms and was surprised at realizing that not only she could not do it ... but that she did not wish to, they felt so good and relieving. Yet she made a last attempt to protest. As an answer she heard a soft laugh that filled her with a deep magical warmth.

- I'm not your enemy, my princess. It's strange, I never thought I would say that to Hild´s daughter, but today you have earned my respect.

Somewhere in her mind, the voice echoed with warmth and Urd stopped fighting, she was terribly tired, and nonexistence somehow seemed attractive, then she recognized the voice.

- Wotan? - What?, What happened?

As answer, Urd hear his deep voice begin to sing a song of full of magic, it was a beautiful ancient healing chant. She felt a warmth that enveloped her body, and gradually the darkness in which she was immersed began to disappear. Urd shuddered at the power of that old magic. A part of her began to observe it comparing it with her own magic, this magic was simpler, more primitive and perhaps more powerful as befitting of an ancient demon. Then she heard words:

- My princess, you are better than i thought if you are willing to analyze my magic . Later I will let you study it as much as you like, you've earned it, I will have no secrets for you. But for now just try to open your eyes.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/32/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

Edited by Nanahuatzin

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

I apologize for the long time it took, but I was sick and I went through a surgery that prevented me concentrate
on the story, but finally is here so I hope you like this chapter.

Elnauhual

Javier Delgado

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/33/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

The order of the Mortal Knights.

By Javier Delgado Rosas

Chapter XXXIII

At the heart of Yggdrasil

The night at the semi-desert place was a magnificent spectacle. Without the lights and fumes of the civilization the stars shone with a breathtaking splendor. Under that spectacle, leaning on a rock was a lonely man who was trying to concentrate on the bright screen of his laptop. However, it could not capture his attention. He was trying to write, but just typed, erased and corrected again and again, unable to translate his ideas. Finally he gave up and with and angry gesture turned off the machine, He closed his eyes to try to regain his night vision lost due the glare of the screen, meanwhile he meditated trying to organize his ideas. After a while he opened his eyes and looked at the starry sky. It was not the familiar sky where he was born, but neither was it unknown. Along his travels around the world he had the opportunity to familiarize himself with the stars of other latitudes. Slowly his full night vision began to return, he patiently waited as more and more stars became visible and with them he felt he regained an inner peace.

With certain resignation he leaned back comfortably on the ground to watch the magnificent starry sky and mentally hailed the visible constellations. He was enthralled as his vision was able to discern them; he softly spoke remembering the most ancient names he knew. Some names came from Greece, other Japan, Rome, Sumer and Mesoamerica. Each culture had given them different names, he could not help thinking that the oldest names were now lost, and yet the constellations stayed the same without apparent change. He smiled and thought he had been a fool trying to write down what had happened that day. His training as a scientist made him think he had to document everything, but now he had to accept he was so overwhelmed to do it, that would have to wait. After all he was just a human being.

Under the starry sky he realized he was a small and tiny speckle in the middle of the universe, yet he knew what he had done could change the destiny of humanity and he felt a shudder at the thought. He was a mortal who had intervened in the affairs of the gods, and then felt a kind of premonition. His actions had the potential to affect even the same stars and the thought was terribly disturbing. That was something only the gods should do, then a thought of a particular goddess came into his mind and with a soft whisper a sentence escaped involuntarily from his lips:

- Urth, my goddess, where are you?

But the starry sky seemed unwilling to answer. He knew she was waging a struggle against an unknown enemy. His reason told him that his goddess was powerful so he didn't need to be scared but his human heart said otherwise. That idea was strange: to protect a goddess! That idea had taken him farther than he had ever imagined and gone into unexpected ways that ultimately had brought him to this lonely place.

Then Shugahara Kenji straightened and just sat for a moment on the cold ground. Then peered away into the dark looking for the dim lights of the town where something wonderful had happened that day. At least for one night, enemies, friends, strangers, foreigners, men, women, youth, children and elderly had joined into one, sharing their humanity and he was responsible for all that. He shuddered at the thought of having the power to do so. That was not something he wanted, he was just a man, a mortal, even when the gods had said he was now something else. Was he really a judge of demons and gods? At first he had seen it as a purely ceremonial title, but what happened to Galileo had shown him that it was much more than a title.

He remembered when he had had his first encounter with the supernatural, when the Tear of Hild had tried to seduce him with power. He had somehow passed that test, but deep down he knew he was not completely immune to the call of power. He would have to be on guard against his own thoughts. At the thought he uttered an ancient curse in a dead language that echoed in the silence of the night and then was shocked by his action. Finally he broke into a hearty and contagious laugh at the thought of what his students would have said of the old fashioned professor using those words to express his feelings. Humor was a great medicine, perhaps the most powerful, especially against taking himself too seriously.

Finally with a sigh he realized he had walked to far away from the town in his desire to have a little solitude. He knew there were mines not far away and he should not stray too far from the safe zone. He looked once again at the starry sky and mentally He thanked those constellations that were like old friends and that fortunately could guide him to the town, even if they did not care to answer his former question. Then slowly he made his way back to town.

To read the rest, please go to :
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/33/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

note: Sorry, But i decided not to put the whole text here. Somehow it always lost formating, and I have to spend some time cleaning it.
Fanfiction net, has better option for reading long texts.

I hope you do not find this inconvenient, if so, please tell
me.

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

Thanks Zoro50 for his beta reading

By Javier Delgado Rosas

Chapter XXXIV

Past and Present

The room was in darkness, the air was stale as if it had not been aired in weeks, some sunlight managed to get into it through some slots between the planks covering the window. The faint glow was enough to perceive the richly adorned quarter, the cold stone walls were adorned with rich tapestries that bore pagan legends One had the mythical Yggdrasil tree with the Nieghood snake biting its roots and at the foot of the tree were the Norns weaving the destiny of men and gods. In another tapestry a proud Valkyrie was rescuing the soul of a warrior. In the next tapestry Wotan was commanding the gods. The making of such tapestries must have cost a small fortune and they were in stark contrast with the furniture: a small but comfortable lounge chair, an old, bumpy trunk, a simple table full of papers, writings and drawing tools, plus a shelf in a corner that had other type of display of wealth, richly bound books from an era before the printing press, they had been carefully copied by hand by industrious monks. Hanging in another corner hung a heterogeneous collection of objects, symbols of rank of different clans, also there were some weapons and other objects that were difficult to identify. The room had an air of a storage room and a place of study for some sage.

Voices were heard and a heavy wooden door creaked open. The first to enter was a mature man, on his fifth decade of age. He wore a luxurious dress in the style of the Franks in the seventh century; a small crown identified him as a king. After him, an old man entered. He had a thin face, wrinkled and with age spots suggesting an extreme age. Few men in that era reached that age. His long beard made him look as a patriarch. While his clothes were plain and worn from long use, they were made from rich materials suggesting a high rank. Although he spoke sharply, the weight of age was evident as two women helped him to walk, they were from a very different upbringing than the men. Their clothes showed their humble peasant origins, but they had a bearing that no peasant would, also they were carrying several amulets, magical symbols, and both brought a bag from where you could see some herbs and other medicinal materials. The women were itinerant healers. One was very young and the other was middle-aged, possibly her master. Behind them came a monk dressed in rough sackcloth who kept looking at everything with an air of disapproval.

The older woman led the old man to the chair beside the table while the other went to one of the walls where she deftly removed the wooden shields covering the window. Soon the place was lit with the morning sun rays bringing life to the beautiful tapestries and other items.

After he sat, the old man continued his talk:

- King Harald, I am glad to know that the new section of the Danevirke is already finished. Now that alliances with the clans have been consolidated, you have the power to expel the Germans, so you must maintain the alliance at all costs or the clans will end up fighting each other instead of fighting the enemy.

They King looked at the old man as if trying to read his thoughts, but finally said:

- Once, almost ten years ago I ignored your warnings and we were invaded, this time I will listen to your advice even if I don´t like it.

- I have not much else to say except a few advices from an elder. You should listen to your people, you must take care of them and they will cooperate with you. On your behalf I have contacted their main leaders and they say they will fight with you, but remember, you should not expect absolute obedience just because you think of them as your vassals. They are very independent people. The one who gets people to do things of their own will be more powerful than the one that coerces them to do so. Win their trust and they will be willing to give their life because they will be fighting for their own.

The king was irritated by the old man's words.

- I think you have taken too many decisions on my behalf, I've heard the rumors; everyone thinks I have spoken directly to them. - The man could not hide a brief flash of anger in his eyes – If you had been another person this would had been high treason, and still it may be. I fail to understand it, you disappear for months and then suddenly came here giving me instructions and news of partnerships, agreements, concessions and treaties. Everything has been done in my name. Old man, you have too much power. You know my people better than me. You live among them, they listen to you, and also the sisterhood respects you and obeys you. You could have become king long ago if you had wished it, I cannot understand why you have never used you power on your behalf.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/34/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

note: Sorry, But i decided not to put the whole text here. Somehow it always loses some formating and I have to spend some time cleaning it.
Fanfiction net, has better option for reading long texts. I hope you do not find this inconvenient, if so, please tell
me.

Edited by Nanahuatzin

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

Thanks Zoro50 for his beta reading

By Javier Delgado Rosas

Chapter XXXV

Revelations 2.0

Vincenzo D'Angelo let his gaze wander through his office window. The view was spectacular, the red glow in the sky heralded the dawn and in the distance the silhouette of the stone filigree that was Il Duomo, Milan´s Cathedral, had a crimson glow. That had been one of the reasons why he chose that particular floor and that particular office. But at this time he was not paying any attention, his mind was full of confusing and contradictory ideas. That was not good for a business that needed to sell fresh, compelling and provocative stories. He sighed and looked back at the surprising and strange pictures that they had been receiving in recent days from his favorite correspondent: Giorgio Vaglia. He had been nicknamed "Cagliostro" by his staff for the type of adventurous situations in which he usually was involved. Vincenzo stared at large HD screen of his computer and reviewed again the pictures that had been sent to him. He knew the value of those pictures and knew they could feed the public's hunger for news for a long time, but something was missing, a good story.

Vincenzo was in his luxurious office in a modern building. On the wall hung several awards for his journalism work, and his big and elegant office reveled him as a high level executive. On the other hand the bags under his eyes, the clutter on his desk, a trash can filled to the top with disposable coffee cups, his elegant tie out of place and his expensive suit completely wrinkled told he was in the middle of a major crisis and that he had not left his office in days.

He struck the table with clear murmuring

- A story, I need a good story, the whole world is watching us.

Without a compelling story behind the photos they would be soon forgotten as a curiosity and it was a shame. He could smell great news, but this time Giorgio had been strangely silent and no threat or bribery seemed to work on him. Usually the promise of a good meal accompanied by some fine wines, would put Giorgio in a very talkative mood about his exploits, but this time the offer had not worked nor anything else did.

Certainly his photos about the incident had been chilling and everyone demanded to know more. With his nose for news, Giorgio had arrived before anyone else on the scene and had begun sending material as soon as the conflict had erupted: A town in North Africa had been seized by terrorists. The public was shocked. The series of amazing photographs that were sent had the world on edge. Photos of a famous and rarely seen terrorist, a village surrounded by a minefield, the abduction of a mysterious young European or American girl, and what seemed to be a nuclear explosion of unknown origin that had been verified by the military and civilian satellites. During the previous days the world had panicked at the news that terrorists might have stolen nuclear material... and then even more strange and incredible images; a man and a boy walking into a minefield protected by a sort of force field followed by strange events in the village, but what had happened there?. A religious revelation? An alien intervention? What else? Giorgio did not say anything, he just sent the images, but it was obvious something very special had happened there. Terrorists coexisting with the hostages and then releasing them? Why? Why?

- Ah! Ah! - Vincenzo voiced a cry of despair. Suddenly some quick taps on the door forced him to regain his composure, as the news director of a major news network he had to care for his image and look cool.

- Come in... - he said with a tired voice.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/35/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

note: Sorry, But i decided not to put the whole text here. Somehow it always loses some formating and I have to spend some time cleaning it.
Fanfiction net, has better option for reading long texts. I hope you do not find this inconvenient, if so, please tell
me.

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

By Elnauhual

Chapter XXXVI
In the beginning

Ghadril looked toward the horizon where the sun was beginning to set. Among the wonders of the mortal world she had discovered, the sunset was still her favorite, perhaps because it reminded her of the mortal with whom she had shared it for the first time. She knew it was just a star that was hidden behind the planet, yet she recognized it had a beauty that rivaled the most beautiful things from her world.

The sun slowly slide over the horizon, its reddish rays seemed unwilling to leave behind the earth as if they refused to die and with lifelike tenacity they seemed to cling to the shadows of objects in a last attempt to not disappear. Suddenly for a brief moment a green flash appeared over the glowing red circle of the sun before it could be completely concealed. Ghadril smiled, Takashi had told her about the rare phenomenon of the green flash and that there was a chance it could be seen in this place. She fixed the experience in her memory, she wanted to share it with Takashi so she could feel his emotion, which was a new pleasure she had discovered. But now it was time to continue her mission.

Only then did she pay attention to the man behind her, waiting respectfully until the goddess finished what seemed a strange ritual. It was a man in his forties but the hardships of life make him look older, he wore ragged clothes. The man had his eyes fixed on the horizon and with awed voice said:

- I had heard about the green flash, but I thought it was just a legend. My Goddess, is that a message of your own? Now I understand your true power and...

Ghadril raised her hand and the man became silent with fear. The goddess wondered if she should explain to him that the green flash was only a natural phenomenon that occurred under certain atmospheric conditions and had nothing to do with gods. She looked at the man with curiosity and saw how he shivered under her gaze. The day before Ghadril had searched into his soul to verify if it was safe to release him and knew what that man had done in the past. This mortal had been cruel, had taken lives in his hands regardless of whether they were men, women or children convinced he was doing the right thing and thinking that would please his god. Also she knew that now he would never do that again, but would that make him a different man? He was still the same man and his past actions had not gone away, even now that he had seen his past actions through the eyes of some of his former victims and had recognized that he had become the very evil that he thought he was fighting. The man looked at her waiting for words of reproach, but only saw in her a look of curiosity, so he dared to speak.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/36/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

A new chapter, and still severals to go, I hope you like this update.

By Elnauhual

Chapter XXXVII
Conspirary theory... and practice

Keiichi looked at the starry sky. Once he had read that when you looked at the stars, it could be that in one of them there was someone looking at your direction wondering if there was someone in that lonely star, but now he had learned that throughout the vast expanse of the universe there was no one else, he shivered at feeling of the immense solitude of the cosmos. In all the universe there were only humans as a thinking species, but that loneliness dissipated quickly when a warm hand took his, that contact brought joyousness to his hearth. He knew that while he lived, the existence of his beloved goddess would fill his heart.

The meeting lasted for hours and almost without realizing Keiichi had taken the role of mediator and interpreter between gods, demons and mortals, as if all his previous experience of living with three goddesses (and one of them half demon) would have been a rehearsal for this. Keiichi now realized that without his intervention the meeting could have been a disaster, for that was the difference in thinking between the inhabitants of the three universes, but in the end it had turned out better than he had expected. Now he had only few minutes more before Belldandy had to return her universe, so both had sought a brief moment of intimacy of the temple garden. Keiichi still had to digest what Belldandy had told about him.

Keiichi felt confused, now that he knew that his life had been planned he should have been furious, yet it also meant something else, his encounter with Belldandy was part of a greater plan and somehow their love had been predestined, he was grateful for that, because regardless of the consequences for the future, knowing Belldandy have given real meaning to his life.

Now Keiichi took Belldandy´s delicate hands and pressed them against his chest, he needed that warmth, Belldandy had revealed to him that he was destined to occupy an important position in the fate of the three races, but if he accept it that meant he got nearer to the prophetic nightmares that tormented his beloved goddess. He sensed the fear in his heart, yet that fear would not make him change his ideas. If his destination was to die torn apart he accepted it because his life could help to preserve the lives of millions of beings in three universes. Belldandy did not need words nor telepathy to know Keiichi´s thoughts.

- Keiichi San. You've already decided. - Belldandy whispered with quavering voice- You will go ahead despite everything.

- The things you told me confirms what I already suspected. All that is happening now is the reason I exist. My life has been manipulated even before I existed. My parents, my grandparents, my ancestors were selected to meet and eventually merge their genes to produce a special human being, a human being able to interact and understand the gods and demons as well as being capable of doing magic and all this in order help a special goddess to protect her home. Even if I do not agree with the inhumane way the ADX software manipulated our lives, it can understand that it gave me a destiny I cannot refuse because so much is at stake. After all, what is the life of a single ephemeral mortal against the eternal lives of millions of gods, demons and even mortals?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/37/The_order_of_the_Mortal_knights

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

After a long, long pause, finally another chapter.

By Elnauhual

Chapter XXXVIII
Power and Ambition

Heaven, Heaven, Heofon, Himel, Shomayim, Olympus, Tlalocan, Tengoku, all human cultures have imagined a world where the gods live into a perfect world free of all sorrows, but in the god´s real world sorrow could exists.

Standing on the top of the main building of what supposed to be a perfect world, as if defying the law of gravity, was Belldandy also known as Kamisama, Megamisama, the goddess among goddesses, and other great titles she had been granted. Her gaze was lost in the horizon, as ignoring the beautiful city of the gods, but actually she was trying to encompass the wonderful world that she called home. Her gaze was calm and yet full of sadness. The goddess called Belldandy, to whom everyone in this world had sworn loyalty, knew that in this moment she was being betrayed.

She had guessed it even before she had moved away from young healer. At that moment she had felt the great temptation to get into his mind and make him her unconditional ally. It would have been something extremely simple, at that point she was about to do it without thinking ... but she reacted and therefore had quickly away ran from him. Belldandy took a deep breath, she had win over herself and knew that from now on power would not tempt her, but at what price?

It would have been easier to dominate everyone, manipulate them to accept her orders, that would have been easy to do without them realizing it, she would have been loved and blessed, but into her heart would she would always know he'd would be stealing their will in such a way that that it would be worse than the fear Hild inspired on her subjects since even them were free to hate her.

Belldandy had been praised, obeyed and even feared, but at the end she had been unable to gain the trust and loyalty from the gods, maybe they did not want a leader but a savior, so she now knew she had no other way but to act alone at any cost. She put her hand on her chest, sighted, and after a brief pause, decided to act, but first she needed to leave some messages, she materialized a couple of crystal message , one would be for Myr and the other for Keiichi, on one she left a lot of information and instructions, on the other a message of love and hope. With a gesture she sent the message to Myr, and with a kissed she send the other to Keiichi, then forgot about them, the magic that surrounded them would take them to their recipients, no matter in which universe they were.

Belldandy then looked again at the horizon and began to sing, at first her voice was a sad whisper, barely audible, but gradually it began to grow and overpower everything around her. The goddess among goddesses was about to honor her title.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/38/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

After a long, long pause, finally another chapter.
Warning: This chapter has not been reviewed by a native English speaker. Proceed at your own risk, and let me know if you found something VERY wrong…

By Elnauhual

Chapter XXIX
New world Order, upgraded

Heaven was overflowing with the gods emotions. There was exuberant joy, disbelief, astonishment, wonder... The previous fear at the unknown was gone. Now they were filled a range vital sensation never seen before in that perfect and controlled world. Now the gods didn´t know whether to scream or sing or dance or simply run wild.

But if it seemed that nothing could overcome that feeling soon events even more extraordinary would come.

One by one, the gods that had been sealed after they were infected by the madness began materializing. Without any treatment sealing had been the only way to prevent them to hurt anyone. Now their re-appearance caused panic… but it was very brief.

It seemed they had escaped from their magical prison, but the gaze of the freed gods was not of madness. Fearful at first, then incredulous, the gods were approaching them and discovered something wonderful that soon was confirmed by the healers: there was no trace of madness in them.

There had to be some extraordinary power behind, since it had achieved what their healing arts could not do. There was no family or group who had not suffered a loss that seemed to be irreparable, and so a rumor was heard everywhere, a rumor that had a word that had never been heard before in the world of the gods, yet a word that mortals used frequently: "miracle".

The "miracle" was to be celebrated with songs and dances, with tears of joy and laughter, with emotion out of control.

Gradually the songs became praises when they realized who was behind everything and so, the songs to the powerful goddess among gods, the goddess Belldandy were heard everywhere.

Yet there was something else, another extraordinary even, so much wonderful that at first many refused to believe it, but after an official announcement was made and there was no more doubts: The ancient god who had ruled them for endless ages, the god they believed had been destroyed in the great catastrophe had returned and had summoned everyone to a special session of the council.

The gods stopped singing and celebrating as they tried to understand what was happening. Everywhere questions were asked yet no one had answers What would happen now? Where was the great Megamisama? Would there be two supreme gods? How the great goddess had healed the madness?.

An awkward feeling began to spread. All remembered the touch of the goddess, it had been a touch of peace and joy, that made the presence of the ancient god felt like a dream. Yet that the question was important: who would be the supreme god now?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/39/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

Warning, warning... this chapter has not been reviewed by a native english speaker,
I beg you to let me know if you find any outrageous use of the english language...

By Elnauhual

Chapter XXXX
Galileo Version 2.0

Amid total darkness there was a man sitting behind a clutched desk, on it there were several computer monitors that occupied almost all available space. Apart from the shine of the screens, there was only a small desk light that illuminated the place, so it could barely penetrate a few meters into the darkness that seemed to stretch to infinity.

The man was absorbed looking at the screens content, there were just rows and rows of numbers, all virtually identical, so that when one was somewhat different it stood out immediately from the other, each time he found a slight anomaly with a quick staccato he typed some instructions until the figure was identical to the others. The man looked diligently for those slight differences. Of course there was software that could do that automatically and efficiently, but doing personally helped him to get a better understating of the idiosyncrasies of the system, after all, the human brain is still the best tool when looking for patterns.

His oriental face looked tired but satisfied. He smiled, at least the system appeared to be completely stable. Still, he spent another a full hour watching the screens until he finally straightened in his seat, took off his glasses and rubbed his tired eyes. He then proceeded to stretch his arms, and could not help to yawn ostentatiously. He reached for a thermos on the desk and lifted it ... only to made a gesture of disgust when he realized it was empty, then sighed. Maybe it was time to finally get some rest. Only then he began to feel the accumulated fatigue. He gently turned around his desk chair and got up slowly and carefully ... he knew his tired muscles could protest after so many hours of immobility.

Finally, he stood up and slowly flexed his arms and legs to ensure that blood circulated normally, he moved slowly advancing with clumsy steps in the midst of darkness to avoid tripping over some cable still out of place. Meanwhile, he looked around, his eyes were still dazzled by the computer screens but he began to see a little better, so the darkness became less absolute. Everywhere, flashing color lights were visible. He smirked at those ordered constellations of light and imagined himself for a moment in the middle of a galaxy, although no one could confuse those perfectly neat and symmetrical lights with stars. The lights stretched in regular lines until they lost in the distance.

Dr. Kawazu, smiled satisfied. He knew that 99.95% of all processing cores were operating perfectly and it was more than they had expected for the first day of operation. He closed his eyes and listened to the soft sound of thousands of small fans and the pumping of the cooling systems, they were not working at full capacity, but he knew that when the system would operate at full power the site could become a bit noisy ...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257731/40/The-order-of-the-Mortal-knights