Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Keiichi Morisato

Anime: What Series Are You Currently Watching?

Keiichi Morisato    423
Keiichi Morisato

Since the previous topic started to get too large, I'm locking the old topic and starting a new one.

I'm watching Girls Bravo ... the Geneon Edition. :biggrin:

Zen    56
Zen

I continue to watch Full Metal Panic, and I also started watching Angelic Layer (dubbed version on Netflix Instant Watch currently for those of you that have Netflix...)

BTW, I mentioned that Last Exile was on Instant Watch a while back, but it is not there anymore. They removed it within a couple days of my finishing the show, so I feel lucky that I got through it in time...

SirWence    0
SirWence

hmm at current I am following , Occult Academy- Asobi ni Iku yo- Seitokai Yakuindomo- Amagami SS- Strike Witches 2- ive put Shukufuku no Campanella on indefinite hold, and Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ on the back burner while I Dropped, Shiki, Highschool Of the Dead, and Ookami(might resume). < -- I still read the mangas of the first two of these two but not into the anime adaptions (this is my summer season stuff only)

Edited by SirWence

jmt5887    2
jmt5887

I finally found Clannad After Story and working my way slowly through it.

rambo201080    18
rambo201080

repeating serei no moribito :D

ABD1VDA    3
ABD1VDA

Revisiting Ai Yori Aoshi ( all ). Great series. :thumbsup:

Nanahuatzin    29
Nanahuatzin

I just start the first chapters of "Claymore".

http://en.wikipedia....ore_%28manga%29

I had been reading the manga and like most of it.

synopsis:

In a world that looks almost like the Eropean middle age, there are demons called Yoma. They lust for human entrails, they can read the minds of their victim an became identical copies. They are undetectable, an no human is match for them in speed, and strength..

To beat them a special kind of warrior are created by a mosterious organization. The are made incorporating yoma flesh into their bodies. This make them much more powerful than yomas.. but at a price.

With time, they become more and more like yoma, and eventually they transform... into something much more powerful and dangerous than yoma, some of then became the most powerful creature on earth able to transform their bodies at will

and... since males become monster too soon, those warriors have to be girls, orphan girls, raised to became the perfect warriors, willing to give their life, and wiling to be killed before they transform.. or that at least... that is what should happen.

So we met Claire, she is the number 47 of the organization, she looks like a slender , fragile and beautiful girl. She carries a gigantic sword, a Claymore. It is a broadsword, originally made to cut through steel and bone, very heavy, so it needs to be handled with both hands... So those warriors are called Claymores.. or silver eye witches. The are powerful warriors which can handle the Claymore with one hand , at speed beyond human capabilities.

Clare, is the number 47 in their ranks.. she is the least powerful of all. but is the only girl that became a Claymore on purpose.

On day, she meet a human boy, whom she saves form a yoma... and the boy instead of fear her.. wants to stay with her, and even mor ..he wishes to protect her... and this start to transform her life.

The anime:

The anime is very faithful to the story, the drawing has the dark and ominous tones of the manga, but it also means the animation has to bee simplified a bit.

My only complain is the style of drawing. The artist is trying to portrait the Japanese version of Europeans. round eyes, mustaches of several kinds, etc... and he soon run out of ideas, so several of the characters look almost the same. In particular.. he has to draw almost 30 different Claymore warriors, all with the same characteristics... but soon you have problems to identify them...

It,s action, it´s gore, it´s drama , beatiful woman, big swords and bit (in the anime has a bit more) romance.. I recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbmQF37A1Ik&feature=related

Edited by Nanahuatzin

schan94    0
schan94

I just started to rewatch AMG Season 1 again. It's been a year or two since i last saw it. Miss this series...too bad season 3 isn't coming out anytime soon. so sad!

Keiichi Morisato    423
Keiichi Morisato

Well, I've started watching anime again and I've started with Girls Bravo ... great series, but, it's only for mature anime fans. :happy:

Scinfaxi    5
Scinfaxi

Well, I've started watching anime again and I've started with Girls Bravo ... great series, but, it's only for mature anime fans. :happy:

I may have to investigate this series further... :sweat:

ABD1VDA    3
ABD1VDA

Watching Happy Lesson just for fun.

Keiichi Morisato    423
Keiichi Morisato

It's harem and ecchi ... now, onto the next batch of episodes, Episodes 5-8 of Season 1. :biggrin: