Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
christmas4477

91.8 The Fan, Online Anime Radio Station

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

christmas4477

Hey everybody, I'm Christmas. I'm from a site called http://918thefan.com/ Our main feature is that we have the world's only 24/7 live DJ anime radio station. I have my own show that runs from 8 AM - 12 PM PST. Our main radio feature is our live interviews with voice actors and other anime and video game industry icons every week day. We've interviewed such popular people as Crispin Freeman, Vic Mignogna, Kyle Hebert, and many more. Most recently this past week, we interviewed Eileen Stevens, the voice of Belldandy from the Ah! My Goddess TV series. A full archive of all our interviews, be the from live on air appearances or conventions, can be found here: http://918thefan.com/category/industry-interview/ If you sign up to become a Fanatic, you can get access to many things, but the main pull is usually the uncut interviews, which has all of the behind the scenes conversations.

Interview upcoming for the week of January 17:

Monday 2 PM PST: Chuck Huber, Notable roles - Hiei in Yu Yu Hakusho, Android 17 in Dragonball Z, Stein in Soul Eater

Tuesday 2 PM PST: Sam Riegel, Notable roles - Zaku in Naruto, Viral in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Rex Raptor in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Wednesday 2 PM PST: Christopher Corey Smith, Notable roles - The Emperor in Dissidia: Final Fantasy, Kittan in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Thursday 2 PM PST: Barbara Radecki, Notable roles - Sailor Neptune in Sailor Moon

Friday 1 PM PST: Lydia Mackay, Notable roles - Madam Red in Black Butler, Trisha Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist

Friday 3 PM PST: Raymond Lenzner, representative from Kami-con

Lan

Dude, are you like, THE dj Christmas????!!! Dude, you are EASILY the best DJ out of the lot!

Keiichi Morisato

Nice. Thanks for posting, Christmas. I'll also be posting links in the calendar so that they appear in the footer section of our forum index page, where our board stats are located. Looking forward to tuning into these interviews. It would also be nice to see youor crew interview some of the cast from the You're Under Arrest anime series that was produced under AnimEigo. :happy:

christmas4477

Dude, are you like, THE dj Christmas????!!! Dude, you are EASILY the best DJ out of the lot!

I don't know about the best, but thanks for saying so.

Keiichi Morisato

Well, considering that 91.8 is actually doing something that "promotes" Japanese anime, like what we do. Our members can make bold statements like that in style. It's why, when our members post information about anime or manga, we don't post it unless it can be verified. Too many website communities out there spread rumors about the genre without verifiying their information. :biggrin:

Few years ago, when the two-episode OVA of Ah! My Goddess "Fighting Wings" came out, we reported that there was a new OVA anime production that would be coming out, that would celebrate AMG's 20th anniversary. Other websites took our information and announced that it was the third season of AMG. It's why our members are so careful about what they post, but, when they do, they're really proud of it.

I guess they're excited that you guys interviewed a voice actress involved with the Ah! My Goddess anime series.

Update: Before I forget, I merged two forums because they were under-performing and merged the Asian Culture forum with the general Anime and Manga forum. Both forums served the same purpose.

Keiichi Morisato

I've added the interview for Chuck Huber into the Calendar, located at the bottom of the board index, where the board stats are. This is where the calendar events will be displayed. I'll be adding the rest of this weeks interviews into the calendar sometime Monday afternoon.

Keiichi Morisato

Be sure to check out tomorrow's interview. If you're looking for new interview's, always check the Calendar listing at the bottom of the page in our Board Index; I'm starting to list the rest of the interviews for this week. :biggrin:

Keiichi Morisato

I've decided to post the upcoming interviews so they appear at the top of every forum page. It's much easier. :biggrin:

christmas4477

This week's line-up

Monday 2 PM PST: Johnny Yong Bosh, Notable roles - Ichigo in Bleach, Lelouch in Code Geass, Vash in Trigun

Tuesday 2 PM PST: Robert Axelrod, Notable roles - Lord Zedd in the original Power Rangers, Wizardmon in Digimon

Wednesday 2 PM PST: Chris Sabat, Notable roles - Vegeta and Piccolo in DBZ, Armstrong in Fullmetal Alchemist

Thursday 2 PM PST: Blake Shepard, Notable roles - Agito in Air Gear, Leonard Testarossa in Full Metal Panic!

Friday 2 PM PST: Ian Sinclair, Notable roles - Dallas Genoard in Baccano!, South Italy (Romano) in Hetalia: Axis Powers

christmas4477

Quick update for Robert Axelrod. The interview will now be at 3:30 PST instead of 2

Keiichi Morisato

Thanks for posting, christmas. Appreciate it and I'll make a note of this week's interviews.