Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

AnimEigo Announce YUA Going Out Of Print

34 posts in this topic Last Reply

jyunkim

Couldn't help noticing the interest in getting the YUA! DVDs since I was last on this forum...

I actually have all four of the original limited edition AnimeEigo box sets (that's 16 discs, including bonus discs) of YUA that I want to sell - if you like and I'm not violating any forum rules I'm more than happy to post the eBay link up on this forum...

Only Box Set 1 has been opened, the other three are brand-new and unopened...

If you live in Sydney, happy to arrange pick-up. Will ship overseas, but be aware though - I'll be posting from Sydney, Australia, and the shipping overseas can be quite pricey, especially for an item of this size... Let me know!

Keiichi Morisato

jyunkim, I have no problems with that. But, everyone needs to be aware of not just international shipping costs but also "customs", which may have another fee or cost added to it, if it's marked as "purchased goods".

jyunkim

Thanks K1...

Here's the eBay link for the complete 4 AnimEigo box sets for the OVAs and Season 1:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200753066308

It should pop up on the US and UK eBay sites if you search for "You're Under Arrest"

It's listed as a 'Buy it Now' or 'Best Offer' - the price I've listed is my target price, but I will give all reasonable offers due consideration, as I am pretty keen to sell

Shipping anything from Australia to overseas as a private citizen always costs a bomb - and the shipping pricing listed on eBay is for Standard Air Mail. Sea Mail is significantly cheaper, but takes much longer and is not trackable. Some options available, so if you're interested, just ask. Of course, if you're in Sydney, I can organise a pick-up!

K1 makes a good point about customs duties - not sure what it is into the U.S or U.K. For instance, into Australia anything below $1000 AUD in value doesn't attract customs duties. But I don't usually issue hardcopy invoices with my eBay sales anyway, so not sure how they would tell...

Keiichi Morisato

Just be sure to check up on various other fees that could be associated for shipping merchandise from another country. Most people forget about them. :happy2:

winedrinkingcritic

Did you ever get the complete set? I only have the first three dvds, thankfully all of my favorite episodes are in them.

Keiichi Morisato

I had two complete sets but I ended up selling them when I needed to generate money for the site's hosting costs. That was back when we weren't generating donations for the site. That was about ten years ago.

• Upvote 1

bejay53

A couple of years ago when they were clearing out the series, I bought the complete series, all 3.

Glad I did.

Keiichi Morisato

Yeah. The You're Under Arrest anime series remains one of my favorites. A friend convinced me to check it out, even though I knew about the series but I never considered it. He was a huge You're Under Arrest fan. I convinced him to check out Oh My Goddess and he convinced me to check out You're Under Arrest. We both became fans of both series. I still continue to watch the first season of YUA and I keep hoping that Sentai Filmworks produce an English-dubbed version of the second and third seasons. So far, they have been unwilling to produce English dubbed versions of the proceeding seasons. even though they continue to produce English dubbed anime of other shows they license and release.

bejay53

I visit several forum sites and you very rarely see any discussion of YUA.

HIDIVE has season 1, but crunchyroll, funimation have none. If it's Sentai, I wonder if Amazon strike has it.

Has it gone under the radar for most of the "younger" fans?

winedrinkingcritic

I think the first season is an absolutely wonderful show. I'll have to finish collecting it someday.