Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Which anime series do you own?

24 members have voted

1. 1. which series do you own on original DVD?

• Original OVA
    • Mini Goddesses
    • The Movie
    • Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Fighting Wings OVA
    • OAD 1
    • OAD 2

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

Keiichi Morisato

This is an easy question to answer. Which anime series, OVA, movies do you own on original DVD? Whether it's Region 1, Region 2, Region 4, etc. Don't participate in the poll if you have them burned on DVD-r.

While I have to replace my defective copies of the AMG movie, and the Mini Goddess anime series, I have the Region 1 DVD's.

:sweat:

Basilik

This might take a little bit...

Ah! My Goddess Seasons 1 & 2, The Movie, and the Original OVA.

Ai Yori Aoshi & Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi

Sister Princess

Kashi Mashi

Emma Seasons 1 & 2

Spice & Wolf Season 1

Burst Angel Disks 1-6, missing OVA

My Hime

Otoboku

Angel Tales

Kiki's Delivery Service

My Friend Totoro

Ponyo

Dragon Pink

Rei Rei

I think that is everything... on DVD anyway.

Keiichi Morisato

lols. I was referring to the AMG anime.

speedfreek19

Original OVA - R4 but the local release was still in NTSC, i guess they just re-encoded the discs.

Movie - R4

Season 1 - R4

Season 2 - R1 (i was impatient this time around but as it turns out local release ended up only being a couple months later for the volumes)

Mini Goddess - R1 ( never released locally so import it was)

Been wanting to get the fighting wings OVA on Dvd but japan pricing is well, japan pricing :P same as the OADs, will get to them one day, hopefully.

Keiichi Morisato

I'm hoping that the Fighting Wings OVAs and the recent OADs will get licensed for North America. That usually involves licensing them to other countries, as well. I've been waiting for a professional release on DVD.

The Schroedinger User

I own:

Mini Godesses (german realeas, sadly only with german dub, no japaneese dub)

OVA 1-5 (again, german release, allthough the menu on these seems damaged, sometime the lauguagesettings and single episode selection crashes the player)

Movie (german release)

Season I (german release)

Season II (UK release, since this season will most likely never released in Germany)

And I really hope, Fighting Wings and the OADs will see a UK release (so they will run on my players). Any new relase with regioncode 2 or B (still better: codefree) would have a very high chance of finding its way into my collection.

(And yes: If there ever would be a german release of YUA, it would be the same, no matter the price... (sorry, off topic))

Scinfaxi

Only got the Season 1 & 2 DVDs here. I wasn't really interested in picking up the OVA, and I don't think Mini-Goddess is available in the UK anyway. If the movie got a Bluray release in the UK I'd definitely pick that one up. I'd also like to see Fighting Wings and the OADs get a release.

Brian Xavier

Think the Mini-Goddess DVDs are rare, since Pioneer / Geneon hasn't been releasing anime for quite some time, probably the same goes for the movie. Its much like how the original OVAs are now that AnimEgo doesn't have the licence anymore. I think you can still buy them all but at crazy prices.

For me I have the first edition OVAs(the older release), TV seasons 1 & 2, and the Movie on DVD.

Zen

I am also hoping that the new OADs and the Fighting Wings OVA get licensed for a DVD release in the US. That would be fantastic! :)

Keiichi Morisato

Well, we're all still hopeful. I would love to see Funimation or Bandai license those four episodes. Although, the way it's been going, I don't expect Funimation to license it and that either Sentai Filmworks or Bandai Entertainment could get the license. Every incarnation of the anime has had a different anime licensee. Animeigo (Original OAD Series), Pioneer/Geneon (Movie, Mini Goddess Series), Media Blasters (TV Series Season 1), ADV Films (TV Series Season 2), Funimation (TV Series Season 2, Re-release). I think it's time that a new anime distributor get the license for the OVAs that have been released.

Kaizerdramon

Have mostly the American licensed stuff, the OVA, Mini Goddess, Movie and 1rst Season. Aiming to get the 2nd season as soon as possible. But I really want at least the AH! MY GODDESS MOVIE on Blu Ray *-* (eventually I want all the AMG! franchise "HD" mastered in Blu ray, but I can't wait for the movie to be in HD)

Harbinger

I own a 1993 VHS copy of the original OVA in Japaneses the PonyCanyon one (yes it still works I watched about 2 weeks ago), its not a DVD but I put it down anyways. I also have DVD copys still in the plastic just in case my old analog dies.

Region 1 of the movie and first two seasons. I have a 20th anniversary copy of Fighting Wings that I imported here from Japan.

Some random copy of mini Goddesses that I just amazon'd, I have the frist and second of the new OADs on there way to me as I type this.

Must keep my collection up-to-date and all.

Edited by Harbringer