Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
jidosha

A Resolution: Lose Weight! who's with me?

jidosha    4
jidosha

Since the beginning of the year, I kind of got carried away with... eating!

Yep, I've gained a lot of weight in the past few months. Well I wasn't really a slim person the year before, but comparing my belly to last year one might really notice the difference. 15 pounds. I've gained that much weight since. That is not too much to not notice hahaha. Although earlier this year I did attempt to do so and lost a couple of fat, and later on... gained them back again.

I've decided now to get more exercise and lose some more weight. Hopefully by next year I would be in a more suitable figure hahaha. I don't mean to sound vain or anything... It's just that I have these clothes that I really like and now I can't wear them decently. They're soo tight and all. And I don't wanna buy new clothes and give my nice old ones away. Not to mention my pants! So Instead of spending in new clothes, I'll invest to have a healthier body :D haha

So there. My resolution for the end of the year. I am also encouraging other members to join me and also do the same :D Now who's with me? haha

well.. if you already are a healthy member, you can share on how healthier you still progress to be! hehe

Avinash_Tyagi    66
Avinash_Tyagi

I'm at 155 LBS right now, could probably stand to lose 10 or so pounds

jidosha    4
jidosha

right now, i'm sadly about 180 pounds..

earlier today i did 2 hours worth of run (used stopwatch)

hopefully i can run the same amount of time tomorrow coz... i'm already feeling my legs cramp haha

Utti Jaeger    9
Utti Jaeger

ill jone you i cold stay in shape

aaron    5
aaron

I'm about 6 foot, 195lb. Not really fat though but when i'm working out i'll be with you in spirit!

I highly recommend you not jump into some strict training regimen. Take it very slow and step by step. Many people give up because it is very difficult to maintain

speedfreek19    46
speedfreek19

If you're wanting to lose weight, I'd recommend using MyFitnessPal. You can access it via that website and also via the apps on either Apple or Android devices.

I used it earlier this year and lost about 6.5kg/15lbs (Unfortunately I stopped using it and slowly put most of it back ^^;)

I'm hoping to reach my target of about 25kg/55lb weight loss in the next year or so and hopefully by Xmas lose what I put on plus a little more.

Weight loss is 80% diet 20% exercise, so the better you eat and monitor what goes into your body, the easier things will be.

jidosha    4
jidosha

I'm about 6 foot, 195lb. Not really fat though but when i'm working out i'll be with you in spirit!

I highly recommend you not jump into some strict training regimen. Take it very slow and step by step. Many people give up because it is very difficult to maintain

i'm about 5'9" , 180lbs. for the first month i'm just gonna mostly do a lot running and just minor body strength exercises. then after i'll balance these since i'll be spending a lot of time at home on mid-december with the family.

and thanks for the support! i'll do the same hehe

I'm hoping to reach my target of about 25kg/55lb weight loss in the next year or so and hopefully by Xmas lose what I put on plus a little more.

Weight loss is 80% diet 20% exercise, so the better you eat and monitor what goes into your body, the easier things will be.

i'm more of about 50:50 on exercise and diet. since i run a lot i need to at least build up on energy

wow, target at 25? isn't that kind of unhealthy? idk hehehe. hope we all reach our targets

aaron    5
aaron

Right now I'm pretty happy with my weight, I just need to convert remaining fat to muscle. I'm also not proportionate enough, I want to be able to push and pull my own weight easier for my goal.

That's a lot out of the blue man. for the first few weeks i'd recommend just trying to give up soda and walking a lot. If you shock your body you'll lose weight a lot at first but after your body will get used to it and start taking in more calories. A lot of people start gaining weight again and then their bodies are taking in more calories so they get heavier than they were and get depressed.

jidosha    4
jidosha

That's a lot out of the blue man. for the first few weeks i'd recommend just trying to give up soda and walking a lot. If you shock your body you'll lose weight a lot at first but after your body will get used to it and start taking in more calories.

actually i'm not shocking my body. i've been working out since September. i just stopped for a couple of weeks and started again the other day. but thanks for the heads up. i'll take note your advice :)

aaron    5
aaron

as the other guy said its more about what you eat but gl man. tough thing to be committed to but definitely worth it

EDIT:

The reason why I'm giving advice like this is I'm hoping to get a trainer license on the side with my other college work soon. I like watching people grow so if I can help someone out then I try to. Working out has helped me a lot over these last few years with stress, confidence and all that so I like to encourage people.

Edited by aaron

speedfreek19    46
speedfreek19

i'm more of about 50:50 on exercise and diet. since i run a lot i need to at least build up on energy

I was referring to where weight loss comes from. If you don't have the right diet, it wont matter what you do otherwise unless you eat properly, that's why it's 80% diet. Put the right fuel in and your body will work and do what you intend to do.

wow, target at 25? isn't that kind of unhealthy? idk hehehe. hope we all reach our targets

How would that be unhealthy? If you're referring to losing too much weight, it isn't. I can stand to lose that much weight and get down to an ideal weight. So long as you do it progressively, you shouldn't have too much issue.

jidosha    4
jidosha

How would that be unhealthy? If you're referring to losing too much weight, it isn't. I can stand to lose that much weight and get down to an ideal weight. So long as you do it progressively, you shouldn't have too much issue.

i must apologize, speedfreek. i misread your last post.. i misread it to mean that you target be at 25kg. i didn't notice the word loss. hehe silly me. really sorry.

anyway we all have the same goals, i hope we all have some progress within the next month!