Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
jidosha

A Resolution: Lose Weight! who's with me?

Imthatguy    7
Imthatguy

I'm at 155 LBS right now, could probably stand to lose 10 or so pounds

Your positively tiny man (No Offense)

Avinash_Tyagi    66
Avinash_Tyagi

I'm at 155 LBS right now, could probably stand to lose 10 or so pounds

Your positively tiny man (No Offense)

Remember I'm short (between the heights of Keiichi and Belldandy in fact, a little taller then the former, a little shorter than the latter)

So my 155 LBS leaves me with a small bit of flab

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

aaron    5
aaron

how is this coming along?? Give us an update! :thumbsup:

Keiichi Morisato    417
Keiichi Morisato

Sounds like this is an admirable goal. I need to lose a few pounds as well. I weigh around 180, but I could lose about 10 pounds. I have a slight gut ... :happy2: :laugh2:

jidosha    4
jidosha

let's encourage all the members to do the same kei. hahaha

Gab3n    3
Gab3n

If any1 is familiar with a website called Reddit, I was introduced to a sub thread called keto. I do it in cycles, 1 month on and 1-2 weeks off but still sticking to my diet but not as hard core. Basically the diet is centered around keeping your net card intake to around 20-50gs per day. What happens in keto your body uses cards as its main fuel source. By taking out cards your body looks for a different source. In return you burn fat. Of course id go to your doctor to see if you can do it, although not many doctors support this. (I will link wiki and reddit)

many ppl say yes and no, ive lost about 30lbs on it. What keeps me going is, I go to the gym and work out but its also what i can eat. Meat as in Steak bacon, eggs, Chicken fish, pork dark greens, and lots of cheese. Draw back is you need to drink a lot of water to off set the large amount of sodium intake but in return you also drink alot to keep you full so your metabolism keeps going. . If any1 wants any more info ill be more then happy to help and provide websites for more info. Bad side effects to this, stinky breath. But thats due to the Ketone that your body is burning. I go through about 2 packs of gum a week on top of me brushing my teeth about 4 times a day.

http://en.wikipedia..../Ketogenic_diet

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

Edited by Gab3n

Sugoi    46
Sugoi

I guess I should do more too to stay in shape. After hitting a certain age it gets more and more difficult to conceal the effects of gravity. Ah well, you snooze, you lose. Better get started sooner than later.

DeLtA    8
DeLtA

Admirable goal!

I'd like to share something that's helped me. 2 years ago, my co-worker forced/convinced me to start running. Oh man, I couldn't do half a mile. But, eventually, we all ran together, and I could do a mile! I got a gym buddy (who has since graduated), and we became a little healthier. Last year, she forced/convinced me to do this charity 5k run. Oh god. That's 3.1 miles! I never thought I could do it. I set my own goals and limits. I essentially started at 1 mile, then every 2-3 days, I would get on the treadmill (or outside) again, and I would add 0.3 miles to my run. Slowly, over the course of about 2 months, I got up to 2.7 miles! Yeaaahh! The day of the charity run, I was soo nervous because I still hadn't managed to get to 3.1 miles, yet. But! I did it! Holy crap. 5k in 40 minutes. Not record-breaking, but I did it. I have a lot to thank my co-worker for. We dressed up as superheroes (the theme of the charity run), and she was batman, while I was superman. Toward the end, there was this announcer who was like, who will be faster, Superman or Batman?! And we picked up the pace and run as fast as we could for that last stretch. It was so awesome.

A week ago, my co-worker forced/convinced me to do it again. Then she said, we're doing sub-30 minutes this time. Oh god.

I started up running again, and the first day, I could barely do 0.55 miles, and I couldn't even breathe. Shooooot. But then, I did 0.8 miles, and it felt fine. Today, I did 1.1 miles at 6.5 MPH with a 0.5% grade. Progress! I'm going to relax for a day before I try running 1.4 miles next. :)

Slowing increasing the goal seemed to work for me, maybe it'll work for you guys? :D Good luck all in your quest to be healthy!

Sugoi    46
Sugoi
2 hours ago, DeLtA said:

A week ago, my co-worker forced/convinced me to do it again. Then she said, we're doing sub-30 minutes this time. Oh god.

*laughs* Yeah, having someone who trains with you or keeps getting on your case to get your butt moving is a good method to defeat one's weaker self. :biggrin:

DeLtA    8
DeLtA

I love gym buddies. I lost my buddy when he graduated. I really need to find another one, as my co-worker who's been pestering me can't go to our college gym without paying for it. :(