NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HotelKatz

Ah! my goddess: What if

826 posts in this topic

Here's the link to my story

www.fanfiction.net/s/8502429/1/Ah-my-goddess-What-if

And here's the link to the list of questions

http://www.fanfiction.net/topic/89978/76320248/1/Ah-my-Goddess-What-if-list-of-questions

And here is a link to a googleDoc page that has the questions. Feel free to comment on the page.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ReyV4ONpbKpntK8Pcs4tji91bCsJzMKvS0bja0C9nqI/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by HotelKatz

HotelKatz, I'm probably one of the more knowledgeable members of the original OVA series and here's what I can tell you about it.

When the decision was made to adapt the manga series into the original OVA series, Kousuke Fujishima didn't have any input as to how each episode were going to be produced. Typically, most anime OVAs are produced in a format that differs from the original manga source material. If the OVA series is enough to develop into an anime series, then the anime series will closely adapt the original manga series into an anime production as close to the original source material as can be.

Take a look at the Oh My Goddess original OVA series. While certain parts of the first episode, "Moonlight and Cheery Blossoms", is adapted from the first two chapters of the manga series, the OVA series quickly diverts from there about midway through the first episode and takes off into a different timeline, altogether. As far as your question goes, concerning why Kami-sama didn't intervene, it was his way of trying to teach Belldandy a valuable lesson. Since Belldandy violated the rules regarding "young goddesses to be" appearing on "Earth", and the fact that Belldandy ended up making a contract with Keiichi, another violation of the rules since she wasn't yet a goddess, Belldandy simply wasn't allowed to make such a contract so she had to place a block on Keiichi's memory. From what little I understand, goddesses are the ones who are responsible for the wishes or contracts that they grant.

This is mostly explained in the last episode of the OVA series. When Keiichi and Belldandy meet for the first time, as adults, and she grants him his wish, the location of the tarikihongan temple, where they eventually end up, Belldandy recognizes the power that is contained within the cherry tree as that which is containing the power of the memory block that she has placed on Keiichi. While this isn't explicitly explained, Belldandy recognizes the dark power in the tree and it's assumed that this power was a result of the memory block that the younger Belldandy placed on Keiichi, which was needed to keep the memory block in place.

Keiichi and Belldandy "childhood meeting" is unique to the original OVA series and doesn't appear nor is it referenced in either the manga series nor the anime series. Even the second OVA episode, "Sexy Sister", differs greatly from the original story in the manga series. Gohda-san took a lot of liberties where it concerns the OVA series, something that he only able to do on a limited level, when he started producing and directing the first two seasons of the anime series.

You should include a link to your fun stories.

Hmmmm. My questions:

What if Keiichi and Belldandy had kept the puppy?

What if Sentaro got a wish from Hell?

What if Belldandy was a soccer fan? Who would she support?

What if Keiichi and Belldandy had a baby?

What if Keiichi and Belldandy could not have a baby?

What if Ganchan challenged an ordinary college student to a duel for Belldandy's love?

What if Tamiya confessed his love to Urd?

What if Skuld won the lotto?

What if Banpai were allowed to self-program?

What if Keiichi and Belldandy swapped bodies?

Keiichi Morisato, I'm confused by your post.

Wait, I think I get it. You think I'm insulting the OVA with one of the questions. I'm not. I have a tendency to refer to the whole 'Ah! My Goddess' series as 'Oh My Goddess', instead of just the OVA.

It's because I used to refer to the series for a long as 'Oh My Goddess' or just OMG. It's a habit I'm trying to break. I'm sorry, if I caused any problems.

I'm tempted to take the Skuld/Keiichi chapters and put them into a separate fanfic of their own. Any thoughts?

I'm tempted to take the Skuld/Keiichi chapters and put them into a separate fanfic of their own. Any thoughts?

You had another fan fiction, the one where Skuld killed Keiichi. I'd love for that to continue. even though some of the names / universal concepts turned out to be wrong, it was still really good. Quite compelling.

Well, I'm slowly working on that story. I have a good deal of the Hild and Bell fight chapter done and I plan on ending it on a cliffhanger. That way, I can write two epilogue chapters.

One where Belldandy won the fight and one where Hild won the fight. As for which would be the real ending and which would be the what-if ending, that's for the reader to decide.

I realize that is it a copout and totally lame in a way, but the ending thing was planned that way before I started writing the first chapter.

HotelKatz, you misunderstood my post. I thought you were just asking questions and one of the most common questions that gets asked on our forums by new members is the "origin meeting" that takes place in the original OVA series. I never thought you were being offensive but that question gets asked a lot, I think it ranks up there among the top 10, along with the marriage of Keiichi and Belldandy, what would happen if their contract were voided and Belldandy could never return ... we've been here since 2004 and you would never believe how many times these questions get asked.

:happy2:

Oh... My bad.

Those questions (The origin meeting, contact being voided, Marriage between Kei and Bell.) are ones I contemplate in private. Mostly because I sense a bit of a argumentative thing about them for fans.

I was just posting the questions I'd be answering for my fic.

Edited by HotelKatz

The next chapter is going to be the 'What would happen if all five goddesses competed for Keiichi's love at the same time?' question.

However, I will be doing two versions of of the answer. the currently-still-being-written chapter will involve that pill that gave Keiichi an odd effect that made anyone that he looked in the eyes fall in love with him back in chapter 69 and the second version of the answer will not involve the pill.

As you can guess, trying to think of a scenario for the second version is a bit of a tough one.

At the moment, I might go with 'instead of leaving for Heaven in chapter 166, Lind decides to stay and observe. Then after some time passes, she decides to challenge Belldandy for the right to be by Keiichi's side. Due to Belldandy being a first class Goddess and a norn, Urd and Skuld decide to use the fact that Belldandy is a norn as a loophole and the two then go to compete as well, but mostly to insure that they stay on Earth and keep their happy home' type thingy.

The problem with that is it seems to really stretch the term 'A goddess like you'.

Any thoughts or opinions?

I find these stupid amusing. I hope you keep publishing them. Don't care what you do. I just find them amusing.