Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
HotelKatz

Ah! my goddess: What if

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

The problem with that is it seems to really stretch the term 'A goddess like you'.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Well, it is a fairly vague sentence. I think Davner's interpretation in Haleos might be a good guide. :wink2: That broadens it up some. Does 'Like You' mean another First Class Unlimited, like Peorth? Similar personality? Or could it literally just mean 'any goddess'.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Well, for story purposes for the two answers to the single question, I'm gonna see the term as "any first class goddess, any Norn, any goddess that has a variety of licenses,or any goddess with a similar personality".

Still kinda feels like it's a very loose definition of the term, but what's a fanfiction without taking a bit of risk when writing?

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

So in otherwords, pretty much any goddess. :happy2: There is quite a bit that is open to interpretaion in OMG, I think. Thats what keeps it interesting.

And I totally undersand the risk taking part. I mean, who in their right mind would have thought of a crossover between OMG! and Vandread. The nerve of that guy! LOL!

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

I have to read that fanfic of yours sooner or later....

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

In the chapter where there was a short 'Belldandy as Frankenstein's monster', the short was originally going to be 'Godzilla and Ultraman get dumped into the Evangelion universe', until I watched Young Frankenstein.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

SimmyC has given me permission to use a little bit of their fic, 'Heart of the Valkyrie" for my next chapter next week.

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

hrm, that fic never got past the prologue stage. Should be interesting what you come up with.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

The next chapter will be 'What if Aoshima won the race and won the gamble with the motor club?/What if Aoshima actually managed to win a bet and 'acquire' Belldandy?'

Don't worry folks, it's not gonna be a Belldandy/Aoshima pairing.

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

Wouldn't the system force have prevented it from happening anyway?

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Yeah, it would, now that you reminded me of it. I can't believe I forgot about the system force. Good thing I have a week before starting the chapter to iron out the details.

So the only way that Aoshima somehow does succeed at separating the couple temporarily is to blame it on Mara temporarily interfering with the system force using some rare relic or just blame the system force somehow overlooking the situation on a glitch in Yggdrasil. One of those weird rabbit-things somehow being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

Or, you can just do what Fujishima did and say it broke. :)

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Yeah, I think I'll go with that. Thanks, IdiAmeanDada!