SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

HotelKatz

Ah! my goddess: What if

848 posts in this topic

IdiAmeanDada, I'll take that into consideration when I go to plan out the chapter.

----

Trip, it is kinda fun to write the answers to the what-if questions. Feel free to give it a shot.

---

To anyone that wants to try writing a chapter for the story, just make sure the chapter stays within the T rating, aim for a minimum of 2000 words, and try to follow the chapter set-up. I'll make sure to credit you like I credited SimmyC when I used some stuff from their Valkyrie fanfic in chapter 12. If you want to write your own version of a previously answered question, ask me first.

The chapter set-up is three parts.

First part is the setup to the story. Perhaps have a bit of light comedy or have a bit of a discussion about a certain event to lead up to the next part.

Second part is the story/answer to a question.

The third part is a bit of commentary/light critiquing of the story, using the cast of AMG.

Edited by HotelKatz

Trip, if I weren't already knee deep (and brain locked) on two stories right now, I might say "Challenge Accepted!" But alas, I feel like I cannot do justice to a third story without the work on the others suffering.

Hotel, just be careful about loading up on too many unresolved arcs. Could get confusing when you go back to some of the ones you previously touched on if there are too many chapters between. Have you read Trip's story Love After Hope?

I think I'll take your advice,IdiAmeanDada.

I just put up a note in the latest chapter that I won't be accepting anymore questions until I have a few of the story arcs done.

As for Trip's story, I just finished reading it. I liked it.

Any ideas for how should I go in the continuation for chapter 12? That's the one where I'm using some elements from SimmyC's fic.

Chapter 12? The protection chapter? Lind is walking on the street for some errands or other. A very young girly boy is getting beaten up by a gang of other boys for defending a kitten from being picked on. Lind helps the boy. But it turns out the leader of the gang is an oni who is getting kicks from corrupting young humans. The oni promptly defeated by Lind. The boy follows Lind home and begs her for martial training. In later chapters, other kids make fun of the boy for having a female teacher. The boy learns about important things from Keiichi, who he latches onto. He sometimes insists on putting Keiichi and Lind together, calling them his parents when they go out, irking Belldandy.

Meanwhile, Belldandy's training of Keiichi for controlling the new angel is not going well. However, Welsper has a few good ideas that seem to help. Welsper attempts to bargain with Belldandy so that she can teach Keiichi better control of his new angel.

Thanks, Trip. I think I'll do that. While it makes the contest in this version pretty much boil down to Belldandy, Lind and Peorth, I think that'd be better in the long run because I can't really see Urd or Skuld making a conscious decision to compete for Keiichi, even in a what-if scenario.

So Urd and Skuld will only compete for Keiichi's heart while in the alternate version, where all five of the goddesses are under the effect of the love pill gaze of Keiichi.

I do agree that Urd and Skuld won't be making a conscious decision to compete for Keiichi. They wouldn't compete if they felt that it would go against Belldandy. Even when Skuld was trying to get Belldandy back, she was mindful on not hurting Belldandy. And as much teasing Urd does, it's almost always with the goal of making something happen between Keiichi and Belldandy (the whole castrated thing being a big wrench in that. Which brings up questions on it's own).

Heh. All this fanfic talk almost makes me want to get back into writing. Almost. Having the wheels turn again is pretty hard when the wheels haven't been turning for quite a while. :drowning:

Heh. All this fanfic talk almost makes me want to get back into writing. Almost. Having the wheels turn again is pretty hard when the wheels haven't been turning for quite a while. :drowning:

Heh, I only restarted my writing 10 months ago. I wrote quite a bit when I was in high school, but that was another life entirely. I say dive in, find a good beta that can tolerate you, and have at it! Just don't get caught writing at work. That could be bad. :facepalm:

You could take a bit of an advisory role with my what-if Fanfic until the fanifc-writing wheels are back to speed.

Heheh. That would be fine. Advisory role might help get the wheels turning. Though I admit, I probably need to sit down and read the entire fic before I could do that.

Jumping right in and just write is probably what is going to make me get back into it. Forcing the Wheels to turn~ Getting a Beta reader might be nice. But besides my laziness and my easily distracted mind, having a Beta stick with me might be quite trying. For the Beta.:P

Speaking of Beta, there are fics I have that are going to be MUCH harder to restart, if not impossible. The fic HotelKatz used story ideas from that never got out of the prologue is one of them. The reason why it never got out of the prologue was due to the fact that I used a Beta that, to be quite honest, had a much, MUCH better handle of the English language than I. Which is sad because his first language is Italian. :roflmao: The fic basically turned into a defacto collaboration. And... since it took so long just for the prologue to be 'fixed', he essentially dropped as a Beta/collaborator. Lesson learned, never ask him to Beta. And no, it isn't that I don't want to improve, especially from someone that has a better handle of the language than I. But there is a difference between having myself learn from him to improve my writing... and having him rewrite my fic to his standards. Well, since I'm admittedly not at his standard, the fic dies because of it. :sleep:

I'll have the chapter posted up here by late Wednesday/Thursday, SimmyC.

Most of the fic is really just a bunch of story stories, So after the first chapter, jump in anywhere.

I'd be happy to be a beta-reader for you, if you want.

heh, yeah, sounds like you had a bad experience. A little arrogant on his part that he was actually rewriting your story.