NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HotelKatz

Ah! my goddess: What if

836 posts in this topic

That was a crazy, yet hilarious chapter, Katz! I'm still laughing by Hild's comments!

Thanks, everybody.

Van, I had fun writing it. Kind of tempted to have Hild hijack the Author's notes in a future chapter, but I worry that might be going too far. Then again, I could use it for chapters where I want to go further in criticizing my work than I could normally. Or even to criticize some things I tend to do to fill space, like Keiichi working on his bike. Though I could argue that it is his way to have some sense of normality and control in his life, now that Belldandy and her sisters are now in it.

solopy567, technically, both Hilds did refer to the reader.

One of them referred to some of the devices the fanfic might be read on and the other asked for what fruit she should throw at Mara in the next chapter.

I was tempted to have Mara or Mokk ask how far down does the watcher-watching-watcher-watching-watcher hole goes down, and Hild's response? "Turtles! Turtles all the way down!"

Decided against it, as that seemed off for Hild and I worried no one would get the reference.

But it does give me a good chapter idea. What was this Hild's first reaction upon learning she's in a fanfic long ago? Panic? Anger? Depression? Apathy? Denial? Crazed laughter?

The other chapter idea I just had was Ansuz goes on a date with Keiichi.

Or... if I can find out a way to do it without it getting too weird, Tyr-possessing-Gate dating Keiichi as a test.

You know, one thing that might be interesting to see with Tyr possessing the Gate is him attempt to talk to Hild. Assuming that this doesn't count as a meeting, I'd be intrigued to see what they'd discuss about if they had the opportunity. 

On 5/7/2017 at 11:49 AM, HotelKatz said:

Kind of tempted to have Hild hijack the Author's notes in a future chapter, but I worry that might be going too far.

Do it. Let Hild hijack the story. But do it a couple chapters down the road with a story arch that does not touch Hild in any specific way.  Bonus points if you can make it the same Hild that knew she was being watched from this chapter.  Thing is-don't let it be predictable, so give everyone those few chapters of leeway to forget this chapter exists and then suckerpunch the audience when they aren't expecting it.

But it does give me a good chapter idea. What was this Hild's first reaction upon learning she's in a fanfic long ago? Panic? Anger? Depression? Apathy? Denial? Crazed laughter?

Why leave it there? Why not have her realize what was going on in the first place? "We're all character's in someone's mind...some people just happen to have better insight to our lives than others."

The other chapter idea I just had was Ansuz goes on a date with Keiichi.

If you do decide to go with this one...please, make it make sense.  I can't think of any time in reality where a mother who is already married would think it was a sound idea to go out on a date with her daughter's fiance.  So either give her a good reason to do it or change the 'dimension' to better suit the scenario.

Otherwise I'm with Van on this one-again, if you can make it make sense, a wayward conversation between Tyr and Hild would be amazing.  The drama that would arise from that has so much potential to be a good story.

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

Do it. Let Hild hijack the story. But do it a couple chapters down the road with a story arch that does not touch Hild in any specific way.  Bonus points if you can make it the same Hild that knew she was being watched from this chapter.  Thing is-don't let it be predictable, so give everyone those few chapters of leeway to forget this chapter exists and then suckerpunch the audience when they aren't expecting it.

Alright, I'll think of something. Will have to plan around it, as I want to put this fic on hiatus after chapter 63 to focus on another fic for awhile.

On 5/7/2017 at 3:12 PM, vanagandr said:

You know, one thing that might be interesting to see with Tyr possessing the Gate is him attempt to talk to Hild. Assuming that this doesn't count as a meeting, I'd be intrigued to see what they'd discuss about if they had the opportunity. 

14 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

Otherwise I'm with Van on this one-again, if you can make it make sense, a wayward conversation between Tyr and Hild would be amazing.  The drama that would arise from that has so much potential to be a good story.

I'll see what I can come up with. At the moment, all I can think of is a schlock movie plot, where Tyr and Hild talk for awhile, then Hild prods (either by noticing a few signs that Tyr is bothered by something, she tricks him into opening up, or merely forces some intoxicating liquid down his throat, knowing that Gate's body probably has a low tolerance). Tyr then opens up.

I'll put the next in spoilers, as I'm unsure of it.

I'd be trying to give Tyr a similar personality to Belldandy's for some spots. Might have them saying that during the test, they were rooting for Keiichi to succeed, as the moment they found out that Skuld would be/was a norn, they worried that the title of Daitenkaicho was starting to be who they were only going to be.

They want to be Urd's, Belldandy's, and Skuld's father and Ansuz's husband, not the Daitenkaicho, the Norns, and the Inter-species Romance Trial Officer.

Maybe even a worry that their marriage with Ansuz might be drifting because of him being Daitenkaicho and that Belldandy's and Keiichi failing the test would somehow really wreck Tyr's marriage.... Or just have Belldandy cease calling Tyr Dad and merely as Daitenkaicho.

Trying to think of some others. Maybe even Tyr having a curiosity to find out what life might've been like had the gods and demons been born human.

Edited by HotelKatz
still having trouble remembering how to do spoiler tags

7 hours ago, HotelKatz said:

Alright, I'll think of something. Will have to plan around it, as I want to put this fic on hiatus after chapter 63 to focus on another fic for awhile.

Any details about that, Katz? I mean, is it a new story, or one of your other projects?

7 hours ago, HotelKatz said:

I'll see what I can come up with. At the moment, all I can think of is a schlock movie plot, where Tyr and Hild talk for awhile, then Hild prods (either by noticing a few signs that Tyr is bothered by something, she tricks him into opening up, or merely forces some intoxicating liquid down his throat, knowing that Gate's body probably has a low tolerance). Tyr then opens up.

I'll put the next in spoilers, as I'm unsure of it.

Hide contents

I'd be trying to give Tyr a similar personality to Belldandy's for some spots. Might have them saying that during the test, they were rooting for Keiichi to succeed, as the moment they found out that Skuld would be/was a norn, they worried that the title of Daitenkaicho was starting to be who they were only going to be.

They want to be Urd's, Belldandy's, and Skuld's father and Ansuz's husband, not the Daitenkaicho, the Norns, and the Inter-species Romance Trial Officer.

Maybe even a worry that their marriage with Ansuz might be drifting because of him being Daitenkaicho and that Belldandy's and Keiichi failing the test would somehow really wreck Tyr's marriage.... Or just have Belldandy cease calling Tyr Dad and merely as Daitenkaicho.

Trying to think of some others. Maybe even Tyr having a curiosity to find out what life might've been like had the gods and demons been born human.

If it's helpful, here's a couple of ideas of mine about the whole situation: 

After the Test, Tyr might be worried that his admission of having feelings for Hild could make Belldandy that Tyr's marriage with her mother was one of sheer convenience (along with all the implications about her and Skuld's purpose of being). 

Then again, the entire part about the Test can also act as a deterrent for Skuld to seek a relationship with a mortal (just like Sentaro for example).

On the other hand, Hild might try to find out why he didn't show up to help Urd, leaving her to call her during the time they had to remove that curse from Peorth. Especially after he did help them back when he possessed that fortune teller to inform them about the moon stones.

Posted (edited)

I'd be giving the AMG/MM some more attention. After all, I think I shouldn't try to give every meeting a chance, as most would be repetitious.

3 hours ago, vanagandr said:

If it's helpful, here's a couple of ideas of mine about the whole situation: 

After the Test, Tyr might be worried that his admission of having feelings for Hild could make Belldandy that Tyr's marriage with her mother was one of sheer convenience (along with all the implications about her and Skuld's purpose of being). 

Then again, the entire part about the Test can also act as a deterrent for Skuld to seek a relationship with a mortal (just like Sentaro for example).

On the other hand, Hild might try to find out why he didn't show up to help Urd, leaving her to call her during the time they had to remove that curse from Peorth. Especially after he did help them back when he possessed that fortune teller to inform them about the moon stones.

Those are good ideas.

In fact, I could have them going back and forth on various events that happened throughout the series.

But most of those would wind up with Tyr/Hild claiming the same excuse : Hild/Tyr did what they did because of their job and Tyr/Hild can't judge them for it.

Even though that's like the poorest excuse ever, aside from 'I dunno'.

Things could even escalate to a shouting match, where both sides blame the other for failing the test, but there's still a feeling of love/desire for the other.

Due to me liking Hild more, I risk making her look a bit better, even if she's more reprehensible for things like the angel eater. 

Edited by HotelKatz
I need to type better

An idea struck me when I was reading one series that TV tropes kept hitting me with when I did a random search. Personally, I don't think it's much of a good idea.

A sorta-crossover of Ah! my goddess with World's End Harem. I say sorta, as it merely borrows the setting and some ideas.

Do I recommend the series? Not really. There are some good ideas, but they are far and few in-between. Still was enough to give me an idea.

But here is a Plot synopsis of World's End harem for whoever is interested.

Plot synopsis of that series is guy gets diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and is offered a chance to go into cryostasis for five years while they make a cure. Five years later, he wakes up and is told that most men died off from a disease that he and five others are immune to. There are other men, but they are in Cryostasis until a cure is found.

The first MC decides he wants to cure the disease to save his male relatives.  He does agree to help breed if he can't discover a cure within time. He discovers that the virus is man-made.

The second MC is put through a truman show plot where he goes through a high school setting. When he discovers what they are doing, they merely half-hide what they are doing.

And now for the plot synopsis of my crossover.

Keiichi is in the middle of talking over what had happened to him.

He volunteered to undergo a cryostasis thing because he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.

He skips over the days/weeks after he awakens from cryostasis, as all it is is him refusing to breed as he's trying to adjust. He makes some mention of close calls, but refuses to go further on them. He makes complains that he's been prevented from riding any motorcycles or leaving the building without a bodyguard.

Then he talks about meeting Belldandy and how he wished for her to be by his side. Only about an hour afterwords, did he realize he could have wished to cure the virus that's afflicting men.

When Urd appears, she does her thing of trying to push Keiichi and Belldandy into having sex. When that fails, she decides to talk with the government and offer a deal. They insure that Belldandy is Keiichi's first and they stay together, and Urd brews up potions that'll either cure the virus or do other stuff to help increase population.

Skuld sees Keiichi and a pervert. unlike in canon, she never gets a chance to see otherwise. She even uses her skills to make Keiichi's life miserable. Any robots get destroyed by his bodyguards.Then, she stops all it and is rather quiet around him, making Keiichi worry. Keep in mind this is from Keiichi's perspective. For all we know, Belldandy and Urd took Skuld out to see what the rest of the world is like and how it's slowly going to hell.

Then Keiichi talks about Belldandy. About how she's nice, kind, and sweet, she can't really be of help, as she doesn't have the skills to cure the virus on her own, and she's having trouble contacting Yggdrasil to get help to cure it.

Perhaps some mentions of adventures that deepen Keiichi and Belldandy's relationship.

Then the person that Keiichi is talking with speaks up.

Mara agrees to cure the virus in exchange that Keiichi cancels his wish with Belldandy.