NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

HotelKatz

Ah! My goddess Fic ideas

450 posts in this topic

Here's an idea for a bit of a story for anyone that wants it.

Lind decides to stay at the temple, claiming that because of both the goddesses's skills and the fact that their father is the Almighty, they need more protection.

A few days later, Keiichi hears rumors that some superpowered ninja-themed vigilante has appeared.

Lind doing some night ops, eh?

Yup. I figure it's an easy way to try something new with a story without the element seeming too out of place.

Though I can see everyone in the temple instantly figuring it was Lind and Lind doesn't deny it. She argues that it is her way of helping out with her talents. Though I can see Urd or Belldandy arguing that it may cause the town to overly-rely on her and bad things would happen if or when Lind is recalled back to Heaven.

How about this for a twist, though? It turns out it's not Lind at all but no matter how much she denies it, they just assume it's her.

Ah, that would make for an interesting twist.

Then comes the question who should it be.

Should it be Hild, because she knew that Lind would be blamed, as long as she doesn't go too far with punishing the criminals. (weird way of trolling, in my opinion)

Maybe Mara, for the same reason?

One of the Mini-Ninja after perfecting a technique that allows them to grow to the size of a human?

Or should the identity never be found out to the reader or to the characters?

Or it could be Chrono that got an idea from a manga (one that Peorth got from Skuld but didn't like it because it was an action instead a romance one). We know that she is a valkyrie in training.

Oh boy, I can feel a sinister plot-a-lope forming...

You could make it a Doppelganger for some added fun. Perhaps a creature that Mara created through specific guidance from Hild. Depending on how you play it, you could warp the supposed vigilante into a creature of nightmares, maybe something resembling the lines of Dexter the more and more time passes. Starting small, for example, and saving people who are getting mugged by scaring away the perpetrators, only to grow more volatile the more violent the crimes it stops become. This could be part of a specific design by Mara, in which the doppelganger grows more and more attracted to those calling for help, to the point where people start naming it and start actively seeking its aid for anything from help to vengeance against people who would otherwise be innocent of a crime.

This of course, would have been Hild's original intent upon first having the doppelganger created, as more and more innocent people are hurt, maimed, or even tortured and killed as the creature grows stronger on the desperate 'needs' of the people seeking its aid. Because of this, eventually someone starts assuming it's Lind, and Lind suddenly finds herself needing to find the doppelganger and clear her name before other Valkyries are sent to track her down and bring her to trial.

And say, once the doppelganger learns of a desire to seek 'vengeance' on one of the Norns...or perhaps starts an act that would be deemed 'traitorous' in the heavens, such as interacting with Mara...

Well, Lind could end up a bit over her head.

...DAMN YOU MONTHINE JACKALOPE!

Heh, I read this and thought to myself; "Leave it to Nena to take a story about a potential Spiderman like vigilante, and turn said vigilante in to Carnage."

...The Jackalope made me do it. Blame him. You know how evil he is, he ate a wolf!

Of course, the wolf was going to eat Azazel, but that's besides the point!

*using my best whiney voice* FAST AS FAST CAN BE, CAN'T GET AWAY FROM ME!!!

Not quite sure if this is the thread for it, but I've recently toyed with the idea of an Oh My Goddess fic, though I don't think it's necessarily traditional (i.e. Tariki Hongan is the setting, Keiichi and co. are the main stars, etc.). Honestly, I hesitate to even use the word 'fic' because that implies I've given though to plot. It's more a collection of loosely connected ideas. But I've been considering how little we know of Heaven/Asgard in the canon universe: what is it like? How is it run? What does being a 'Norn' mean for the sisters? Is the Norse pantheon the only one that exists?

But most importantly: why is Tyr the Almighty One? How did he get put into that position and why? Has he always been in charge?

More or less my idea is that of a prequel that would focus on Tyr, while also eventually looping in Belldandy, Urd and Skuld, but it would be more original flavor as well (changing some of the Norns' back stories/personalities, dropping Anzasu as Tyr's wife or lover in favor of Zisa, an actual mythological figure, having the gods as mystical beings rather than simply 10th dimensional E.T.'s). As I said, there isn't much more than what you're about to read below, but who knows, could be a start to something.

-The initial generation of divines simply was; they came into existence and did not have to wait for things like evolution (if ideas like that are applicable at all to them). Yggdrasil, too, was inherited but from whom and for what purpose isn't known. The gods seem to think this was done for the express purpose of their stewardship over all of Creation, but this might be an inaccurate interpretation due to humanity's origins being an example...

-Demons were once divines as well, but broke off shortly after Being due to disagreements that they should simply follow what seems to be laid down for them (which is to say, only caring for Creation). Instead, they preferred to abuse their powers. Ironically, due to the nature of fear that permeates Niflheim, they've been stable for much longer than Asgard has even if minor power struggles are frequent. Currently ruled by Hel (more or less canon Hild).

-Good news about humanity, theologians: mankind was created in the gods' image (for no other reason than pure vanity). The bad news: humanity is simply a solution to the problem of the gods and demons consistently trying to topple one another. Working out the nitty gritty on what this means in terms of Yggdrasil and Nidhogg, but regardless - the gods, at least collectively, could care less about us.

-In theory, any god or goddess may become its 'president' (for lack of a better term) with a majority of votes by a grand council of every deity (democracy is direct). In practice, however, Heaven has long been ruled by war gods and goddesses who have offered protection against demonic attack. With little checks on their authority, as well as no term limits, election of gods like Huitzilopotchli meant that they could effectively stay in office as long as they can intimidate others with a strong show of arms. Coups and counter-coups were once common. Tyr is a poster child for the dysfunctions of this current system, but he has brought consistent stability and order.

-'All-Father' or 'All-Mother' is the honorific given to someone who is chosen by their peers to lead Asgard.

-Unsure of what to do with the position of being Norns here; my thought was to reinterpret their 'spinning destinies' as actually something to do with effecting probability space, but suggestions are welcome.

But yes, they'd be intended to be the same being as the Fates in both Roman and Greek mythology as well.

-The goal with Tyr is to primarily show him as a 'gray' figure. The earnestness with which he wants to defend Asgard against demons is genuine, but as time goes on, he begins to fall in more with the power he wields and his own infallibility (not that the gods are omniscient, but more that he is completely sure of his own abilities). By the story's end, however, much of what he has built up or cherished has fallen away from him (Zisa and her ultimate betrayal to him regarding the parentage to one of the Norns) or is falling away from him (Verdandi, as his favorite child for a time, before slowly wiggling herself away from his grasp). By the end, he is master of all of Asgard, but his pragmatic idealism has been replaced with the indisputable fact he's a paranoid military dictator.

-I became struck, and I think this would be an interesting plot in general for a fic, of the nature of one of the ways in which Loki teases Tyr in one of the Norse poems by way of cuckoldry. He claims to have slept with Tyr's wife (there unnamed and I believe the only time that it's ever suggested he's married) and that they even sired a child together with her right under his nose. That son or daughter goes unmentioned in Norse mythological canon, but in the world of OMG, it certainly presents the interesting question of if Belldandy or Skuld are really Tyr's daughters. This will be something that haunts Tyr in the story regardless.

-One of Verdandi's best friends in Asgard is Ninsun, a Sumerian goddess best known as the mother of the hero-king Gilgamesh. What's even more important than that tidbit is that she's among the first deities to pursue an active relationship with their human creations. But in the midst of the scandal and controversy that erupts over Ninsun, it begins to stir in Verdandi a greater desire to find out more about humans in general (and will ultimately end up being particularly galling to Tyr, who comes to decree that human/god(dess) relationships are to be highly controlled, if allowed at all).

-A goal would be with Urd, Verdandi and Skuld to examine why their personalities are the way they are now. Specifically, I'm sure Verdandi would start out as nigh unrecognizable to the Belldandy of canon for one thing. The gentleness and all-loving attitude that she comes to embody is a much, much later development. Urd and Skuld are similarly very different than to how we know them. Need to think of specifics, though.

...And that's sort of all I've got right now.

Edited by Nevermore

Your post intrigues me, Nevermore.

I go with putting other pantheons to go along with the Norse one.

As for the Norns, I figure it's kind of they and a few others on both heaven and Hell's sides are allowed to time travel and are immune to the effects of changing timelines. Because the situation between Heaven and Hell seems a bit akin to a cold war, I once wondered if drastically changing timelines was like a nuclear bomb. While I only watched an episode or two of the anime, one was the one where Hild went back in time. So maybe as long as someone of the few that can timetravel doesn't effect the other side too much, it's either generally ignored or merely heavily watched over, just in case it develops into something worse?

So I figure the norns (and whatever Hell's equivalent of the Norns) are perhaps those that have the specific task of watching over the time stream for any irregularities and would correct any that pop up.

Also, now that I think about it, it might be a good idea to change the topic's name from 'A list of fics I'd like to write in the future' to 'Story ideas for Ah! My Goddess fics'