Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

HotelKatz

Ah! My goddess Fic ideas

Adelance    9
Adelance

Hmmm... Yeah that would be pretty f***ed up wouldn't it.  Then again that's what this whole situation is anyway so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adelance    9
Adelance

Anyway, this was actually an idea I had a while back except it was for the Inheritance Cycle when I was hooked on those books.   It was Eragon instead and the doctors name was Dr. Galby, who claimed Eragon had made up the name Galbatorix and made him the enemy.  

The whole thing was inspired by this mental image I had of Dr. Galby taking Eragon to a rundown amusement park to show him the old roller coaster he had been riding while he thought he had been riding a dragon.

That idea still gives me chills whenever I think about it.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

Keiichi being in a mental asylum with his life in canon A!MG being a delusion kinda reminds me of a Star Trek The next generation episode.

The episode? Frame of mind.

Here's a video of a review.

http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t247.php

Adelance    9
Adelance

I think I've actually seen that one :O

This also kind of reminds me of a parable I heard somewhere.

It goes something like this:  One day you stumble across a magical garden.  There, you are greeted by the most beautiful woman you have ever seen.  She tells you that you are free to stay here and live by her side forever.  In the garden you will not age, and the garden will provide everything you need to live.  However, should you take one foot outside of the garden, you may never return again.

I guess it's kind of like an allegory on the nature of dreams.  Once you wake up, you see the faults in the reality you once lived. 

In a similar way, Keiichi has "woken up" and thus can never return to the life he once lived.  

Adelance    9
Adelance

Just days before he is set to receive his wish, Keiichi is killed in a sporadic racing accident.  He then finds himself in heaven, greeted by a certain blue eyed goddess. 

Not sure really where I'm going with this one, but the idea is that Keiichi is unexpectedly killed and Bell can tell that something is not right.  Possibly, she plans on trying to give him his wish even if he is dead.   

Obviously needs fleshed out but personally, I suspect time travel shenanigans. 

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:14 AM, Adelance said:

Just days before he is set to receive his wish, Keiichi is killed in a sporadic racing accident.  He then finds himself in heaven, greeted by a certain blue eyed goddess. 

This reminds me of a story idea I had quite a while ago.  I posted it on my FF.net profile.  It even has a tentative name in case I ever got around to writing it.

Defending His Life – Keiichi is killed in a freak accident. Afterwards, he discovers what REALLY happens after you die. In a place where the System Force has no power, can he still get his ‘Forever’ with Belldandy? Or will he have to start over from the very beginning?

Adelance    9
Adelance
11 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

This reminds me of a story idea I had quite a while ago.  I posted it on my FF.net profile.  It even has a tentative name in case I ever got around to writing it.

Defending His Life – Keiichi is killed in a freak accident. Afterwards, he discovers what REALLY happens after you die. In a place where the System Force has no power, can he still get his ‘Forever’ with Belldandy? Or will he have to start over from the very beginning?

Oh cool

My idea has kind of evolved a bit more into a mystery type scenario.  I'd imagine Yggdrasil has some kind of system to keep track of when people are supposed to die, so when this death isn't listed, Bell would know that this had to be the work of someone that works with the system (so gods/demons).  Only question then is who and why?  Meanwhile she pulls a few strings to preserve Keiichi's soul in some kind of purgatory so she can speak with him and offer him a wish before he truly passes on. Depending on what he wishes for, they then go on from there trying to figure out who or what would want him dead.

Speaking of mysteries:

I wonder how an AMG/Detective Conan crossover would go....   

Adelance    9
Adelance
On 6/22/2017 at 0:04 AM, Adelance said:

Speaking of mysteries:

I wonder how an AMG/Detective Conan crossover would go....   

I was thinking about this a bit more and had a few ideas on where this could go:

1.  K and the goddesses end up as key witnesses on a case.  They use some magic at some point which messes up the clues in some way.  (How could item B possibly have ended up here?)

2.  the goddesses do something suspicious which prompts Conan to follow them home in an attempt to figure out whats going on.

3.  A demon helps out the culprit in some way, either through a contract or just to mess things up.   

4.  Some kind of epic stand off.  You'd have to play your cards right for this one, but someone gets held at gunpoint / kidnapped / held hostage.

Not really a story idea, but this whole thing just gave me a mental image of Bell chasing down Kaitou Kid so she can ask him nicely to return the gem he just stole.  Meanwhile, he's throwing out all kind of magic tricks to try to throw her off. Inevitably she does catch up to him and then...  

*Bell returns from the chase*

"Did you get it back from him?!"

"Oh, he said he was just going to return it."

Adelance    9
Adelance

What if Megumi got into a relationship with a god?  

This was something I was thinking about when I was pondering what it would take to convince Kei to take up the offer to become a god.  I was thinking he might be more willing if someone else he knew, such as his sister, was also risen to godhood.  Although I doubt Megumi would be able to pass the judgement gate, this still seemed like an interesting idea.  

How I see this going:  Megumi stops by while a god is visiting.  Said god sees her and somehow becomes enchanted by her.  He'd be all like, "Who is this beautiful young woman?"  and Kei would be all like "Dude! That's my sister!" and would try to stop him from getting her involved but would ultimately be powerless to stop him.  He would then go on to persistently try to win her over throughout the probably short time he has to visit earth.  Megumi on the other hand would have no idea about his divinity and probably think him to be some weird cousin of Belldandy. Also considering her past experience with failed relationships she would probably be reluctant to get into a new relationship. The god, however would be extremely persistent and might not know that Kei has been trying to keep all this god stuff secret from his sister.  So, needless to say, things might get a bit crazy, possibly culminating in the popping of the god bubble Kei has been working SO hard to hide.

Now this all feels like it could make for an interesting read on its own, but my brain took things a step further.  By this point some demons would probably be getting pretty angry about this.  There would now be three god-human relationships going on and so far, Hild seems to have done nothing about it.  I'd imagine there'd be some demons planning a plot of their own.  They would recognize that they couldn't just go after the gods, that would be suicide, and that the humans would be much more vulnerable.  Keiichi would be pretty well protected, however Megumi, not so much...

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

What if every human in the series knew that Belldandy, her sisters, and Peorth were goddesses?

Well, save for Sayoko and Aoshima. They never knew.

Imagine Keiichi's reaction when Tamiya and Otaki tell him that they knew after first meeting Belldandy that she was a goddess.

The only reason they never told him that they knew? They all thought Keiichi wanted to pretend it was a secret for some reason.

winedrinkingcritic    22
winedrinkingcritic
24 minutes ago, HotelKatz said:

What if every human in the series knew that Belldandy, her sisters, and Peorth were goddesses?

Well, save for Sayoko and Aoshima. They never knew.

Imagine Keiichi's reaction when Tamiya and Otaki tell him that they knew after first meeting Belldandy that she was a goddess.

The only reason they never told him that they knew? They all thought Keiichi wanted to pretend it was a secret for some reason.

I would think that everyone figured it out eventually by the end of the series.

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

This would be long before then, for humorous effect.

At what point of the series would it the most humorous for Keiichi to find out he'd been protecting a secret that everyone else know about?

I'd say around the midpoint to a little bit after.