Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Favorite J-pop and K-pop Music Videos

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Keiichi Morisato

In the popular vein of our "what are you currently listening to" in the movies and music forum, this is a new twist to that topic. However, there is a change. This topic is not only used for posting your favorite Asian music videos (Japanese and/or Korean music) but also for discussion of your favorite videos. If you don't have a favorite video or you wish to post some comments on whether you liked a video that was posted, feel free to post some comments/feedback about a particular video. :shappy:

Just discovered a new Korean Pop/Rap group called F/X and in a week, they have generated over three million hits to this particular video. While I'm not kewl on rap music, this video has a mesmerizing and kewl harmonic tone to it. Check it out:

jidosha

here in the philippines, kpop has already flooded the music charts and is still invading. i have nothing against the scene, they are fun and catchy. it's just the annoying fans that try hard. anywayz, i don't want to rant haha.

i'm not familiar with the latest hits. i kind of liked the old ones. there's this guy MC Mong, his hilarious. I love his song and music video to his song called 180 degrees.

Ken

here in the philippines, kpop has already flooded the music charts and is still invading

He's right. The finger dance Gyiyomi invaded the philippines first before it was even heard off in america.

The catalyst would be the Korean Soap Opera's that started when I was college.

it's just the annoying fans that try hard. anywayz, i don't want to rant haha.

I had an acquittance on highschool whose get up is all emo, and plays on a band. Now his still does rock jams, plays emo rock but

Lord have mercy, dresses like a K-pop idol. Good grief. Seems emo boy was a fan of Lovers in Paris as well.

(Lovers in Paris: the first Korean soap opera in the Philippines to be a hit)

Edit: My favorite is from Kyary. Already posted it on "Who's your favorite J-pop Idol" thread but here's the video:

Edited by Ken

jidosha
it's just the annoying fans that try hard. anywayz, i don't want to rant haha.

I had an acquittance on highschool whose get up is all emo, and plays on a band. Now his still does rock jams, plays emo rock but

Lord have mercy, dresses like a K-pop idol. Good grief. Seems emo boy was a fan of Lovers in Paris as well.

hahaha. i think kpop is a lifestyle but now it's actually growing in to its own culture.

I don't mean to hate. I enjoy some. I remember actually jamming to the beat of 2NE1 songs a couple of years back

Keiichi Morisato

I think so too. While J-pop used to dominate, I think with the emergence of Psy, he really opened the doors for a lot of K-pop, K-rock, K-rap singers and groups. While the Korean music scene had been slowly opening up among anime fans, I think Psy blew those doors wide open and we're starting to see more and more Korean music groups debuting on the scene, gaining more exposure. This is a very good thing. :shappy:

jidosha

I think so too. While J-pop used to dominate, I think with the emergence of Psy, he really opened the doors for a lot of K-pop, K-rock, K-rap singers and groups. While the Korean music scene had been slowly opening up among anime fans, I think Psy blew those doors wide open and we're starting to see more and more Korean music groups debuting on the scene, gaining more exposure. This is a very good thing. :shappy:

to be honest i wasn't aware much of Jpop hits. I was however really hooked on Jrock back in the day. this was due to my fondness of anime openings and endings hahaha. here in the Philippines, before Korean music invaded the our speakers, they first stormed the country with Korean-novellas. this was even before Psy haha. waayy before Psy hahaha.

Ken

I think so too. While J-pop used to dominate, I think with the emergence of Psy, he really opened the doors for a lot of K-pop, K-rock, K-rap singers and groups.

Half-true, in the US at least. Me and Steve are closer to Korea so the K-music invaded us first before they launch their Nuclear bomb (Psy), agaisnt the U.S and the rest of the First world.

If a aliens made contact to Earth, assuming they're friendly, the whole world will probably dancing "Gangnam Style" as a form of entertainment.

Edit: see below

here in the Philippines, before Korean music invaded the our speakers, they first stormed the country with Korean-novellas. this was even before Psy haha. waayy before Psy hahaha.

Oh damn, I said the same thing.

and this so wrong:

sowrong_zps9a8e34cf.png

What's a dude doing in a girl group?

Edited by Ken

jidosha

and this so wrong:

sowrong_zps9a8e34cf.png

What's a dude doing in a girl group?

i think that's a girl, watch the video ken, it's entertaining hehehe

Ken
i think that's a girl, watch the video ken, it's entertaining hehehe

I already did. That's why I said it was so wrong. That guy ruined it.

pomppomp_zps311051d6.png

boy_zpse719aa26.png

sa_zps8e14f369.png

maybe me not really kewl with rap as well