Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Keiichi Morisato

where are you from?

26 posts in this topic Last Reply

Utti Jaeger

sorry for the delay Ojiisan but i have used linex before but not much just takes some getting used too, for me personally when living in america its easier to use american software.

Ojiisan7

It's an even smaller world than that, it seems: I used to live in Spring City, PA when I was about 8 to 14; only a few minutes away from both Reading and Pottstown. Pretty crazy to know two other members here are from the same area! I was born in Pittsbugh, though. Moved out to St. Louis at age 14 due to my dad having to move because of his job at the time.

Currently living in Columbia, MO due to studying at the uni here (first journalism, now history).

Yes, I know Missouri too: Lived and worked in St. Louis's western suburb of Creve Coeur for 18 months (many years ago), within walking distance across Lindbergh Boulevard to Monsanto's headquarters.

Went back years later to work at the construction site of the Callaway nuclear plant near Fulton. Joined the Churchill Memorial Library on the Westminster College campus in Fulton, where ol' Winnie gave his famous "Iron Curtain" speech soon after the end of WW2.

[Did you know that Auguste Chouteau was only thirteen years old when he and fellow French explorer Pierre Lacléde founded St. Louis in the mid-eighteenth century? I've long remembered that bit of historical trivia.]

Edited by Ojiisan

Tandoji

Lowell, Massachusetts here! Very close to Boston! Been here all my life.

Keiichi Morisato

With many new members, or from those of you who haven't participated in this topic, share with us where you're from, where you're currently living, and vice versa.

For me, I was born in the United States but my mom's family came to the United States form Poland. I have family relatives that came from Poland and from Austria while my dad's side of the family are descended from Native Americans. My great grandmother was 100% Cherokee and she had some drama for my mom and dad when they got married. She crashed the church and tried to stop it. Then, when my sister was born, she tried to have my mom declared unfit to raise her great grand-daughter. But, my mom's side of the family have always been nice to us. While my grandfather never liked my dad, after my granddad passed away, my grandmother started to warm up to my dad after she realized that he has always been there for my mom and his family and had never left her. Even my aunts, bless their hearts. While I never had Polish features when I was younger, now that I'm older, those Polish features are very visible. I'm just proud of my heritage, being Polish and being a Native American, although I have more Polish in me than I do of being a Native American. :grin:

• Upvote 1

grayfox123

Officially, from a tiny village in the South-Eastern corner of my country.(didn't grow up there though..grew up in the far North of my country where my parents worked as academics at a prominent regional university.)

Have been a resident of my country's fair capital city (Abuja) for the last six years.

IdiAmeanDada

Born and raised in the Kansas City area (US). 

HotelKatz

Central New York.

Born in Syracuse, but raised in Auburn.

Sugoi
On 30.6.2017 at 7:01 PM, Keiichi Morisato said:

For me, I was born in the United States but my mom's family came to the United States form Poland...

Was that because of Nazi Germany?

Keiichi Morisato

I believe that they immigrated to the United States before Hitler's reign through Europe. I don't remember too much about Hitler's reign, but I think they 9immigrated before Hitler became the dictator that is the subject of so many history books. One of the things that I get angry about are those idiots who claim that the Holocaust never happened.  But, to be honest, I never asked my grandmother about how they came to be in the United States. I do remember talking on the phone with my grandmother and she told me what her family lived through during the great depression and it was a look into the early life of my grandmother and what she went through. My grandparents were 100% Polish and my mom would always tell me stories about how when my grandparents would get mad, they would swear at each other in Polish. My mom and my aunts and uncle (my mom's brother and sisters) couldn't understand Polish but they remembered those arguments.

Sugoi
5 minutes ago, Keiichi Morisato said:

...One of the things that I get angry about are those idiots who claim that the Holocaust never happened. ...

And the number of those morons keeps rising... It's really sad. The reason history is taught is so that we won't repeat mistakes (especially the grave ones...).

Keiichi Morisato

It's like if they can't see it with their own two eyes, then it never happened. That's the problem with our society, everyone has become too politically correct and worried about saying something to anyone because someone's feelings might get hurt. It's like we live on a planet full of nothing but "snowflakes". For those who don't know what the word means in this day and age, it's someone who is so delicate that they can't accept what they're being told. Snowflakes are just individuals who won't accept ideas, thoughts or opinions from other people unless it aligns with their own misguided sense of what they believe.

winedrinkingcritic

Born and Raised in Austin, TX. My family's lineage is supposed to be German but my last name "Neece" came from a town in Italy. The legend is that my ancestor got drunk one night and they rolled him onto a ship, took him to America, and sold him as an Indentured Servant.