NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Madhouse...

191 posts in this topic

Chapter 37 for Angel Biter is up and posted. Goes a bit more in-depth into the differences between the Neshama and the Ruach while also giving Keiichi a rather challenging decision to contemplate.

Hit me up if there's any questions.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4645294/37/Angel-Biter

Awesome, will read after I take my daughter to BBall practice.

So, since December I've been under a lot of stress thanks to certain events in my career field. It's made updates slow, however a majority of the stress indicators have been slowly dropping away bit by bit. This weekend has been the first time in a long while where I could just sit back and dig into my reservoir of insanity to work on a new story. It's actually an old story, started way back when in the single digits of the 2000's and something that I found buried on a hard drive. It went from four to ten pages this past weekend, and its felt good to write again.

This is a little preview of the fic, Black Sunrise, a AMG!x Digital Devil Saga crossover.

It was as the sky was brightening to a light blue that the duo finally arrived at their destination. By then they’d stopped walking and had fallen into a brisk run, kicking up sand and dust that made Keiichi’s lungs burn and eyes water. It was a door, one built into what looked to have once been a subway of some sort. The door looked heavy, lined with a small, thick plate of glass covered in grime and dust. Kathy struggled to pull it open by herself before Keiichi moved to aid her, and together they managed to open a gap in the threshold large enough for them both to slip through. The door had to have been at least four inches thick.

The door shut behind them, and Kathy breathed a relieved sigh. “That was close. Too close. The Karma Society is getting better at hunting.” The woman pulled her goggles down and dropped the heavy hood that hid her hair and leaning against the closed door. The woman ran a hand through short brown locks. She glanced over at Keiichi. “You good?”

Keiichi leaned forward, propping his hands on his knees as he sucked in one breath after another. No, he was not good. He was far from good, but it’d do neither of them any good to state as much. “Yeah.” He said after a moment. “I-I’m good.” Once more silence descended on them, and Keiichi straightened as his heart slowly calmed. “What…who were those things?”

Kathy closed her eyes, allowing her head to thud against the heavy metal of the door. “You sure you aren’t from the Junkyard or something?” She asked. “You’re asking the same questions those Embryon Tuner guys were asking when they first came around.” She smiled humorously. “Those ass hats were from the Karma Society. Nasty fuckers, those ones. Go around at night hunting folks who aren’t a part of their little utopia to help sate their Tuner’s hunger.”

“Tuners?” Keiichi inquired, one brow raised in curiosity.

Kathy nodded, opening her eyes and staring at him with unusually solemn brown eyes. “Monsters. Those…things that were hunting us. They’re humans infected with the Atma virus. Turns ‘em into outright demons. Nothing more than a bunch a power hungry dogs with a taste for human blood. Goddamned cannibals, all of-“
A fist tore through the small window of the door as if it was tissue paper. Taloned and a deep, rosy red, it clawed the air before snaking around and grabbing Kathy’s skull. The woman screamed, Keiichi screamed, and Kathy began groping for the sidearm once more. Past the arm, past the glass, Keiichi could make out a large, blue eye glaring at him from an owl’s head. It’s beak was red and wet with something like blood, and in that moment the man froze.

Makakaja.” The owl shrieked, its pink arm suddenly bathed in blue light. “Vital Thief” A red mist began to depart Kathy’s captured body, absorbing into the monster-demon? Tuner?-as the woman’s struggles became more frantic.

“Get him off! Get him off!” Kathy shrieked. “He’s killing me! Get him off of me!”

The words seemed to snap Keiichi out of his daze, as the man found himself rushing to Kathy’s side, pulling at the alien limb in an attempt to wrestle it off his lone companion. The knife Kathy had first threatened Keiichi with dropped from her person, and in a last bid attempt Keiichi released his opponent in favor of the blade, rising as quickly as he could and plunging the sharpened steel into the creature’s arm.

The monster screamed, but did not release its prey. Kathy’s struggles were gradually growing weaker, and so Keiichi dug the blade out before rapidly thrusting it into the intruding arm. Intent to do as much damage as possible to injure the offending limb, it wasn’t long before the limb was wet with its own blood. Yet it wasn’t until the blade it bone that the demonic entity finally released its prey.

The brunette dropped like a sack of potatoes, and instead Keiichi found the hated gaze of his opponent resting on him. The arm retreated, and Keiichi slowly backed away from the door. He thought he heard a low moan from Kathy, the sound of voices farther behind him, yet it all became indistinguishable when the creature suddenly stuck its head through the doors window. It’s beak parted in an enraged shriek, and from its maw white needles of energy flew out.

Keiichi back peddled in an effort to avoid the attack and in doing so lost his balance on the edge of the staircase that descended further into the tunnel. An arm raised for balance, only to be victimized by the light-needles as they sailed towards him. Searing, white-hot pain enveloped the limb, and Keiichi’s world erupted into dizzying stars as a shout left his throat.

Something shot in front of his gaze. Something long and dark that emerged from behind him just as something caught Keiichi in his fall. There came a shriek as…was that a vine? assaulted the owl-man’s face. The creature shrieked before retreating outwards, the vine releasing its opponent and withdrawing to whoever…whatever controlled it.

“Hey, you okay?” A rough and genderless voice asked, and Keiichi craned his head up to meet the eyes of his savior.

Or lack thereof.

The…thing had no visible eyes. Where what should have been eyes in its blue head was instead enveloped in a towering white and jagged crown. Like a rippled, polished helmet it covered half its face, yet even still Keiichi felt as though it could easily see him, perhaps through some other means. A pair of black stripes ran down the side of its face, passing a mouth aligned with jagged shark teeth and down under a human’s chin. What blue flesh that wasn’t covered in the white, shell-like armor was shiny, giving off the appearance of wet, fishy flesh.

The creature leaned its head in towards him, causing Keiichi to yelp and struggle out of its grip. The monster offered no resistance, and as he stumbled away from the blue meanie more entities came into view. Behind the blue one was a brown one, this one female in form, it’s face featureless but its breasts alive with a pair of twin mouths. A gray man-monster whose entire head was composed of one large, gapping jaw, split from forehead to neck and lined with a predator’s teeth. It wore a green, organic cape that draped across its body that moved stiffly as it swayed on its feet, hopping from one foot to another in an overly elegant, bird-like manner. Another blue beast, it’s head cloaked with a white, chitnous helmet, cocked its head from one side to another, its face set in a permanent, lipless smile with arms splayed out on either side of its light body. It hovered a foot off the ground, giving it the illusion of a lithe and tall entity that towered over its comrades.

And a man. An actual, goddess-blessed man who raced through the mass of monsters as though they weren’t even there. The stranger, who wore glasses and whose hair was as white as Urd’s, swore as he passed the creatures. “Fuck, Kathy!” He cried, racing towards the woman only to beat a hasty retreat as the ground before him suddenly exploded.

“Hua Po!” The man shouted, drawing a shotgun from the holster that hung from his back and firing at the door. Buckshot speckled the door with small holes, some of which just barely came close enough to hitting the collapsed woman on the floor. Outside screams could be heard; high and female and close enough to the outside door that Keiichi wasn’t certain the shot wasn’t fatal. Then the screams fell silent, and when the new comer once more raced to Kathy’s side, it was unhindered by any attacks.

Cradling the woman in his arms, Shotgun looked back over his shoulder towards Keiichi and the monsters. “It’s Kathy!” He snarled. “She must have got hit by one of those demons’ attacks. Argilla, get over here, I need a medic.”

The brown female, whose flesh looked like painted camouflage, approached the man in a hurried walk. “Move, Roland.” One of the breast-mouths said. “I need room to cast my spells.”

The man, Roland, hesitated. His face torn between a mixture of distrust and urgency, the silver-haired man reluctantly laid the woman down before the strange creature. With shotgun in hand he retreated, allowing the creature to take over.

Hands rested on a woman who whimpered before an alien monstrosity. A green aura surrounded both individuals, a neon light that traveled from the creature and down its arms, flowing gently into the brunette in a manner that reminded Keiichi of Belldandy’s own magic.

He watched in stupefied wonder as the wounds on Kathy’s head; puncture wounds from where the owl’s talons had dug into her skin, began to heal, leaving nothing but dried trails of blood on her face. His wounded arm throbbed at the sight, reminding Keiichi of his own injuries, and he clutched it with a grimace.

A weight rested on his shoulder, and Keiichi looked to it, finding a light blue hand, covered in small scales and armored with white chitin, resting on his shirt. The nails were small and round and pointed, like those of a crocodile. He jumped and White Crown released him, allowing him to put some distance between the two of them. The creature did nothing, merely pointed to his arm before gesturing to itself. A soft glow began emanating from its palm.

He stared.

“He is offering to mend your wounds.” The gray beast in the green cape’s head parted in two. “It would be unwise to deny his gift.” It then turned to the hovering creature at its side. “Let us venture outside and ensure the area is clear of surrounding demons.”

As a Shin Megami Tensei story, I'm not really expecting anyone other than diehard Megaten fans and AMG! fans to understand this. Essentially for unknown reasons Keiichi is sent to a dying world where men have begun to devolve into demons in a desperate bid to survive the dangers of a Black Sun. I got the idea years ago when playing Digital Devil Saga 2, and coming across an enemy opponent in the game that was so corrupted by everything that had happened to it, that it could no longer recall if it was human or demon anymore. It will primarily focus on Keiichi adapting to this new world, and an incredibly minor character who is actually one of the few people the MCs of DDS2 ever buy items from. For those who stick through it once its posted, they should be in for a bit of a surprise.

Sorry if the font is odd. I don't understand why the program isn't editing everything properly.

Looks interesting. Definitely your style (DARK). I am left to wonder if K1 was lost all contact with the Norns? Or will they show up later?

As far as he knows, he's lost all contact. The Norns may appear, however it'll be in a manner/form different from what he knows. Because of that, as well as the setting of this universe as a whole, it may actually prove dangerous for Keiichi.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10264263/1/Black-Sunrise

Black Sunrise is UP. To any who dare read it, come to me with any questions, I'll be happy to clarify anything.

Never played Megami Tensei, so unfortunately most of the in-game references are kind of lost to me. Still it really fits your style since the game has a dark mood to it as far as I know.

It would be interesting if more of the game story is more explored, especially in terms of the A!MG universe. For example what or rather who was behind the events that turned the world of Megami Tensei into the state it currently is and how does those monsters (called demons) are related to the actual ones from A!MG. Name only (something that humans used to name their fears), underlings left loose (sort of pest control from Hell), the result of a wish (aka the compensation as the demons of A!MG require)?

One thing is the most important though: How will this cursed world affect Keiichi, a person that went from a happy dream like state while he lived with Belldandy, straight into a living nightmare.

Digital Devil Saga, the story Black Sunrise crosses with, is a type of off-shoot of the main series. It holds roots in the traditional Megaten series, however part of the reason I chose it was because of how few people know of it. Essentially, its a sort of 'cult classic', which in turn gives the story itself a new spin because, like Keiichi, the entire world can be see as new, intimidating, and mysterious for the audience. 'Demons' take on a new definition in this world, do to the fact that people infected with the 'Atma Virus' can take on the form of creatures out of legend, regardless of if they're demonic, monstrous, divine, or godly. What remains the same for all of them is the fact that the Virus requires them to ingest something called 'magnitite (a MegaTen staple) in order to maintain their forms. Humans in particular usually have high amounts of magnitite in their bodies, thus the reason why infected humans, 'Tuner' are forced to consume other people.

Some of the questions you asked will be answered throughout the story. There is a relationship between the 'demons' under the black sun and the gods and demons of Keiichi's world, though it has little to do with a wish and more to do with mortals who gain the favor of godly, living weapons.

Strangely enough, Keiichi's own involvement in the story could be seen as minimal-he has no goddesses to aid him, and in a world of cannibals, he's on the bottem of the food chain. However, he will have an affect on certain affects, and his being there may actually prove beneficial, allowing him to understand the link between the cursed 'Tuners' and the gods and demons, some of which are very familiar to Keiichi, that these Tuners turn into. Keiichi is going to be the one to explore the past of the world he's in, and learn some frightening truths about how it came to be in the process.

Preview of a new story I'm working on. Mara-centric, dealing with a specific 'incident' that was hinted at in Angel Biter. Take's place in the same timeline as Origins and Angel Biter, and will be going in-depth on Mara's relationship to Anubis, how she learned of tulpas, and why her soul is split between the Ruach and Neshima.

This time something growled behind her, and within her mind a voice softly whispered, Time’s up.

The blond swore, whirling to face her opponent and instead meeting the leopard as it lunged at her. The woman brought her hands up reflexively, bracing herself as the creature collided with her. The two of them went down together, twin snarls on both opponents faces as the beast bore its claws into Marller’s shoulders.

Marller hit the ground with a grunt, the wind knocked from her lungs as the leopard’s weight settled on her chest. Its maw went for her throat, and instinctively the fanged woman brought her arm up. The beast’s fangs sank into her flesh, ripping through skin and muscle and to the bone beneath. The demon howled with pain as the leopard gnawed her limb, and heated blue met matching red.

“Get off!” The demon snarled, her armed hand coming up and slashing at the big cat’s underbelly. She felt the glass meet resistance, and using all the strength in her arm pushed into it. Something warm and wet fell onto her hand, and almost immediately the large cat released her.

The creature retreated from Marller’s fallen form, blood dripping to the ground and staining the sand a muddy red. The white fur of its underbelly was stained pink. It looked at the demon, eyes hard and enraged as it snarled at her. The leopard began pacing, circling the woman, first one way, then the opposite, and grimly the woman followed its movement.

Panting and with her wounded arm clutched tightly to her chest, Marller pushed herself off the ground in a crouch. Keeping the cooling blade towards the beast, the woman hesitantly lapped at her wounded arm, tasting burning copper within deep gouges. Almost immediately the blood slowed to a stop and the pain lightened, allowing the demon to focus once more on her opponent. Her shoulders still throbbed, but tending to those would require Marller to take her eyes off her opponent. And with the continued pacing of the beast, the blond knew that was not a wise move to make.

Snarling, Marller took a threatening step towards the beast, releasing a vocal growl the caused the leopard to retreat. Yet it was only a temporary delay, as a moment later the creature was once more fast approaching, belly low to the ground and ears folded flat against its head as it roared at her. The demon bated it, swiping her blade, now cooled and black obsidian, out menacingly at the beast only for it to retaliate with a paw swipe of its own.

The demon retreated, switching the blade to the opposing hand as she shook the other. Blood that had only started to dry sailed onto the ground, adding to the stained blotches of red that already littered the burnt-gold hues of sand. The obsidian had been bent in her initial strike, and now half its length curved to the right, leaving the woman with a sickle in place of a dagger. Yet none the less the creature treated it with the same wariness as before, lunging in and out of Marller’s range at it attempted its own strike.

Yet Marller had adapted by now, having learned the beast’s movements and reading the leopard’s body language as easily as though its actions were text on paper. Red eyes focused on its chest, predicting the beast’s moves with the slightest twitch of skin, the gentle ripple of the muscle beneath. And as it once again rushed her this time the woman side stepped, sickle-dagger crashing atop its back and raking the fur like one large, black talon.

A shriek filled the air as the leopard retreated then, and Marller crouched, a feral smile on her face as malignant red eyes stared to the bloody scratch that marred its coat. “Got you now!” She snarled, and with a burst of energy chased after the large cat.

Only to see the white-black sky sail into her vision as the beast suddenly turned and released a green-white bout of needle like energy from its maw. The magic hit her head-on, the demon’s lethargic body seemingly unable to muster up the strength necessary for Marller to dodge. He used…magic? She wondered, hearing a deep, rumbling growl approaching before her.

Grimacing, Marller tried to move, finding her body painfully unresponsive. It was almost as if…the woman picked her head up, discovering her flesh littered with green-white magic needles. While many seemed scattered across her body randomly, the demon was startled to see where many of the thin strands had pierced areas she knew were pressure points, effectively paralyzing the demon from the neck down.

The leopard drew near, teeth bared in a snarl and ears pressed flat atop its skull and Marller felt her heart leap in her throat. From here there was nothing she could do; if the cat decided to attack her now, there was nothing she could do but watch and scream and bleed out. Not a pleasant way to go.

The creature stalked past her body and approached her head. A soft noise escaped her throat, and Marller shut her eyes as the leopard suddenly lashed out at her throat. The jugular then. It was going to make it quick; crush her throat and suffocate her to death before feasting on her remains. The demon felt sharp pinpricks pinch her skin, and then a voice arose in her mind. You lose.

This will also be my first attempt at a semi-romantic story. The first chapter should be up within the next couple of days.

New story is up:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10333422/1/

Scars is probably one of the few active attempts at romance I'm ever going to do. It's certainly the first. For those who read it, I hope you enjoy it.

So will Origins and/or Angel Biter get any love because of this?

Yes. Right now I'm going on a writing spree do to the fact that I'm not in any classes and I just finished testing for a promotion, so two large stressors in my life are currently over and my mind has just exploded with repressed creativity. I'm currently working on a mixture of Scars, Black Sunrise, Angel Biter, and Devil's Advocate, the Kill la kill crossover.

...I've been going nuts in regards to writing right now...

Poor Origins...I'm at a bit of a writers block with it and can't seem to get past the first page of it. I need to focus on the kids more...