NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Madhouse...

191 posts in this topic

Ah! My goddessx Kill la Kill crossover Devil's Advocate is up.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10349085/1/Devil-s-Advocate

Now I can get back to focusing on Angel Biter.

and Scapegoat. :)

Yes. I haven't forgotten Azazel. I'm still working on that piece by piece in my off time.

Aaand the next chapter of Black Sunrise is up. IdiAmeanDada, in my defense, I'd been close to completing it for a while now. Besides, the next chapter of Scapegoats is almost complete as well for compensation. I'm hoping to have that chapter completed by the end of the week.

Azazel needs love.

What? Azazel has plenty of love! He's got a terrifying four-armed demon of illusions, a mage suffering from a magic sickness, a carnivourous jackalope that may or may not be mythological, his mad creator who has a bad habit of leaving him in terrible situations, said creator's SO who really wants him to Shoop da Whoop and bring in the Dancing Mayas, Valu, you...

.....okay, so maybe he needs more people to love him. Possibly better people that the ones mentioned above...

So, for anyone who follows Angel Biter, you all know it's been ages since I've updated.
Well, here's a sneak preview on the next chapter, just to reassure you all that it's not dead, just slow going.

The hair rose on the back of Urd’s neck, and unconsciously the woman took a step back.

There’s something coming. She thought. Before her Amon’s fur was beginning to bristle, making him look twice the intimidating predator he already was. Something big. Something bad. She could feel it now, whatever it was Amon was sensing; a large sense of alarm, the feel of multiple eyes watching, and of something large and threatening stalking towards them.

Ahead of them, the hallway began to darken, and suddenly Urd was pulled back, Sir Furcas leaping in front of both demon and avatar with an angry snarl. Urd was dimly aware of a spell being cast, feeling the hair on her arms rise in goose bumps and static tickle her exposed flesh. In an instant the darkness descended upon them, and Urd gasped as the walls began to squirm and warp like the muscle of some large beast. A low bellow accompanied it, and beneath it the prior demon was only slightly aware of Amon snarling in rage.

It seemed like a small eternity before the bellowing faded, leaving the group in a corridor completely different from what they once occupied. The silence was deafening and complete, and Urd found herself unable, unwilling to break it, lest some unspeakable horror descend on the trio. It’s still here. She thought. I don’t know what, but it’s still here. Her eyes, already adjusting to the lower lighting of the-what was it? A cavern? A nest? A fort?-scanning the surrounding area for any signs of the beasts that lurked within.

Yet Urd could see nothing within the black, skeletal ridges that now composed the walls. Nothing but figments of her imagination; figures once alive now melded with the surrounding environment, beasts of black exoskeletons and hard chitin forever imprinted within the new structure. It was an eerie sight, with ledges that looked too much like the pits of hollow eyes to make Urd feel at ease.

It all felt queerly familiar, as well.

In front of her, Sir Furcas canceled the shield he'd set up, and with it came a blast of clammy, hot air. Amon growled deeply, backing into Urd and snarling viciously at the walls. The demon felt she could relate. Yet there was no imminent attack, no hissing, snarling foreboding that spoke of an assault. Nothing but silence.

Sir Furcas straightened. “We must continue.”

The man straightened before wordlessly continuing down the hallway in a stiff gate. Amon released an uncomfortable whine, circling towards Urd before turning back to face the elder demon. Panting, the beast snapped once more at the walls before continuing after the knight. Urd took the moment to view the new change in scenery. Violet eyes narrowed, and the woman drew near to one of the walls, hesitantly running her fingers over the new, protruding surface. It felt hard and moist on her skin, and immediately the demon drew her hand back with a disgusted sneer. “This is bad.” She whispered aloud. “I don't know why, but this is really, really bad.”

Turning, the silver-haired woman ran back down the hallway, catching up with the rest of her group before they vanished from sight. “Do you know what this is?” Sir Furcas asked, his voice a low and harsh whisper as he gestured to the walls. Amon stalked angrily beside him, leaning against the man with teeth borne in rage. The more they proceeded, the narrower the corridors became, the chitin outgrowths on either side of them expanding further outwards, becoming less like the hallways of a fortress and more like the caverns of a large and elaborate cave.

“No.” Urd admitted, eying the walls carefully for any signs of movement. “I feel like I should, but nothings coming to mind. Nothing but-” the woman bit her lip before falling silent with a shake of her head.

“But what?” The knight inquired.

“It's nothing.” Urd replied. “Just an unease. I...watch the walls, okay? I can't shake the feeling that something is...living there.”

Sir Furcas grunted. “We should hurry,” he muttered, “best to find these fools before something else does.”

For once Urd was in full agreement with the man.

The silence that followed hadn't gone on for a full minute before Amon suddenly froze. The trapped demon's ears perked up, his head whipping to the right as he backed away from the adjacent wall. Urd followed the beast's gaze and immediately wished she hadn't, finding her heart racing in her throat as the demon stared at what rested within.

It was a demon.

A man, he rested unconscious within the wall. A heavy, black carapace, similar in structure to the surrounding chitin, covered his body, creating the illusion that the man had been fused with the alien substance. The man didn't stir at their approach, nor at the sudden, loud growling that was emanating from Amon's throat. I know this I know this it's bad its bad its bad its BAD. Urd's mind raced at the sight, a part of her wanting nothing more than to turn tail and run right then and there.

Something came to rest on her shoulder, and Urd jumped, turning and finding Sir Furcas staring at her. “There are more.” The old man pointed with a hiss, and Urd's eyes widened in alarm as she made out three other individuals trapped within the black substance as well.

“I've been alive since the Daimakaicho was little more than a youth.” Sir Furcas began. “I've been many a place and seen all manner of creature, yet I've seen no living beast amongst any of the plains capable of such a thing. What did this?”

Urd shook her head. “Something alien.” She mumbled. “We should go.” Before whatever found them finds us.

The trio continued onwards, their pace made all the faster by the unease of their situation and the ever growing feeling that they were being watched.

The cells were empty by the time Amon finally led them to the prisoners' location. One of the cage's openings had melted away, and Urd could see a trail of soot and ash leading off further down the corridors. When the trio had moved inside the destroyed hold in order to further investigate, Amon had gone wild, yipping and circling the perimeter of the area like a mad dog before the two humanoid demons managed to silence him.

There was blood on the ground.

A lot of it.

Sir Furcas claimed it was all relatively fresh, which destroyed any hopes that perhaps the blood had come from some long dead cell denizen. When Urd prodded him, the man claimed he couldn't tell who the victim was. It did little to ease Urd's fears, instead further fueling the need to locate Skuld and the others.

It was towards a hallway intersection where things began to go horribly, horribly wrong.

The hallway divided into a four-way cross, the ashes having long vanished in the trio's pursuit of the owners. Here, Amon once more came to a halt, Sir Furcas pausing right along side the beast. The creature danced anxiously, stepping back into Urd's legs and causing the rattle on his tail to hiss warily. A high whine filled the silence of the area, and Urd found she couldn't blame the demon. The place had an almost unbearable presence to it; a sense of foreboding that weighed heavily on all three demons.

All three surrounding corridors were dark. No, not dark, Urd realized. Black. Black and impenetrable to her improved senses. Something more than darkness lurks in these corridors. It was enough to make the woman hesitate. It was enough to make the Goetia hesitate, which was not reassuring given both demons prior experience. Sir Furcas took a step back.

“Let's go back.”

The words surprised Urd, and the knight turned to give her an equally surprised look, one she suspected was mirrored on her own face. The prior goddess bit her lip. “This place...something is off about this. We should go back. Find another path.” What had happened to her steel conviction? Where was the desperation that had so fueled the pursuit of her sister and Keiichi? Why was the rage that had motivated her onwards suddenly absent in the presence of these dark corridors?

Urd didn't know the answer and found she didn't want to know. Whatever was down the paths-any path, all three paths, it mattered not-was a threat, not just to her, not just to the Goetia, but to their very existence. This Urd was certain of.

Nothing good would come from delving deeper into this spider's nest.

Sir Furcas frowned. “Do you know of an alternate path?” He inquired, an edge to his voice that hadn't been present before making the Ex-Norn wince. “And if you do, can you guarantee we shall find the prisoners' trail once more?”

Urd bit her lip, looking past the man and down the hallway. “No.” She admitted. “There's-no, I don't know of any other way.”

The man straightened. “Than we continue onward."

I'm currently about half-way through the chapter, though I say this in light of a house move I'm also preparing for which may also delay the chapter. Regardless, it's something to show at least until the next chapter is complete.

Cant wait to read the rest of it. Is this the start? Or somewhere down the road a bit?

It's a bit further down the road. With any luck, hopefully the story will be complete around the Fourth of July.

story? Or chapter?

Gah, misspeak, misspeak! I meant to say chapter.

Gods above, with how long I'm planning on making Angel Biter, the actual story won't be done for a long time yet. I can't even say we're at the halfway point yet...