Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
HotelKatz

Ah! My daily life with Goddesses and Monstergirls

324 posts in this topic Last Reply

HotelKatz

Alright, this topic is going to be for my upcoming fic that'll be a crossover between Ah! My Goddess and Monster Musume.

The topic title is the preliminary name for the fic unless I can get a better one.

Personally, I kind of like it because it's cheesy, lame, and an odd mix of the two series names.

Here's a link to the info about star of the discussion of the crossover that was in the what-if Fic

http://goddess-project.net/board/index.php?/topic/12631-ah-my-goddess-what-if/page-14#entry161425

To those wondering, would I use the chapter made for the what-if fic in the actual crossover fic?

Maybe. If I do, I'd add some more details, remove some, and increase the length of certain parts.

At the moment, the planned beginning will be after a day or two after Keiichi and Belldandy being in the temple, Ms Smith appears and makes Keiichi into Miia's caretaker. Keiichi explains to Bell a bit about the interspecies law and how humans met monstegirls.

Then again, I could go with the standard 'Belldandy appears after a phonecall' opening, but she gets surprised at how nonchalant Keiichi is at meeting her.

One idea I'm kinda toying around with is making Tamiya into Polt's caretaker and she is somehow able to make him into a bit less of a jerk.

Or I could make Megumi be Polt's caretaker and have Megumi already found a place to live at before the fic even starts.

To those that don't know who Polt is or are having trouble remembering who she is, she is the kobold who runs a fitness center in chapter 17 of the Monster Musume.

• Upvote 1

webmonkey44

Ah My Monster Girls

vanagandr

The planned beginning is nice as far as I can tell. Starting soon after the wish is probably the best. I posted most of my thoughts I had at the time on the "What if" topic, so unless something else changes, those will do for now.

As for the content of the pilot chapter, it could be introduced as parts of different scenes, especially if the girls aren't all introduced in one episode. Wasting it would be a pity, so I think you should keep most of it in one form or another.

Speaking about introductions, it could be funny to have a few of them to have a theme from a monster/horror movie. Like Urd's for example. Considering that she uses TV's to teleport herself, you could have her introduction look a bit like The Ring, if you are familiar with it.

Ah My Monster Girls

Loved that suggestion, it really seems fitting somehow :)

HotelKatz

vanagandr, I'm familiar with The Ring. While I haven't watched it or read the novel, I'm familiar with the 'string-haired girl crawls out of the TV' thing.

Heck, one of my favorite fics is a short crossover of Ah! My goddess and The Ring.

As for the goddess having sorta-themes of horror monster movies, I could do that. I could also expand Mara's appearance of chapter 26 in the manga to have more of a nightmare on elm street theme. Instead of Keiichi unable to move on a kinda-runic circle, he wanders about a ruined version of the temple while hearing something sorta-sing a song. Then Mara appears in that lich form she had in that chapter.

As for the changes of the pilot chapter, I'd expand the part where Belldandy is cooking at the beginning to have her think about events that would have happened in the crossover fic. Most of the chapter would be the same, but it'd have a lot of improvement, so to prevent readers from claiming I'm being cheap by reposting a chapter from another fic.

Webmonkey44, your proposed title is more fitting and less clunky than mine. So I like it.

vanagandr

I haven't watched The Ring too. However when I heard about it, the scene with Urd's introduction somehow came to my mind. Also I have also read the crossover you linked a while ago. Short but nice indeed.

The horror monster movie theme could be appropriate for this type of story, but not necessary if it becomes too troublesome for you to come up with something fitting for every character. Still I like the idea you have for Mara. Some extra bits and pieces could be added after the introductions as well, mostly for little jokes. Like the goddesses being considered as witches and Mara maybe some type of vampire, considering her fangs and the habit of sleeping in coffins. Skuld's introduction on the other hand is a bit more difficult, as she just pops out of water. Not sure what would be the best. Maybe eventually she and Suu could have a few interesting encounters as she travels through water (and Suu naturally likes water).

Speaking of Mara, do you plan of adding more demons, like Hild or any of the new demonesses from Hagall's group? If you do, perhaps Hild could appear much earlier than in the A!MG (although still after Mara). Additionally if you want to keep the excuse that the A!MG immortals are some type of monster girl, then Hild could be either a demon girl (true, but rather expected) or maybe something as a mummy girl. Considering how she is, it could be just like her to wear nothing but a bunch of bandages (and not too may of them as well). She doesn't even have to look too much either, as Zombina from MM is supposedly a zombie but isn't exactly the most typical example you could think of. Just a little thought there.

Finally I liked the idea of Polt being assigned by Tamiya, maybe even taking Keiichi's room in the dorm after he is kicked out (probably because most of them didn't believe the excuse that Belldandy wasn't a human girl). It could be difficult to persuade him considering the "all male" rule of the dorm, but with the offer of some money from Ms Smith, the always broke leaders (alongside Otaki) would reluctantly agree in order to keep the Motor Club funded. Polt would eventually move in as she is not technically a human female and therefore no rules were broken (of course that is a terrible excuse anyways). Also since that happens after Keiichi gets kicked out, he still won't be possible to return (by arguing that he also has not human girls) because at that point there might be not enough space to house them in the dorm.

HotelKatz

For Skuld, I could use a bit of a machine type horror thing. Kinda like how Skuld created a fake Urd to capture Urd's demon half. I could even drag Skuld's appearance out a bit for a few chapters by making her a bit of an semi-antagonist whose idenity is unknow to the temple for a little bit.

I'm not quite certain I want to add either Hagal's group or to use some OCs I've been holding onto for awhile. But the idea would allow for my fic to further break out of the fic mold a bit by introducing Hagal's group earlier.

At first, I wanted to keep the goddesses and demons of the A!MG side as separate species and no connections whatsoever from the demongirls in Monster Musume, since the A!MG ones are like 10th dimensional and stuff. But I could make up something, like at one point, both were a part of the demongirl race until some event happened that severely changed some by making them into 10th dimensional beings. I wouldn't go into much detail about it, though. Mainly because I'd be sorely tempted to make the search for why the change happened somehow be the cause of it because of timetravel.

Though I can imagine Hild deciding to masquerade as a mummygirl when in public on the human world, even deciding to put in a few weaknesses of them into ChibiHild to better the disguise. And of course, both she and Rachnera get into little competitions of which is better for bondage, webbing or whatever Hild would use for her mummy wrappings.

As for the Polt and Tamiya thing, there's a part of me that for some reason wants to write a subplot of them slowly getting to be a couple, emotionally at least, as time goes on. I do like what you've suggested.

Edited by HotelKatz

IdiAmeanDada

Heh, I just had this vision of mahem with Skuld popping up out of Suu's bathtub, with Suu in it!

HotelKatz

And someone who walks outside the bath while Suu is in it overhears what they think as Papi exclaim, "First it was Urd's Big sister breast check and now this!"

Edit, though that sounds kinda creepy a little.

Edited by HotelKatz

webmonkey44

And someone who walks outside the bath while Suu is in it overhears what they think as Papi exclaim, "First it was Urd's Big sister breast check and now this!"

Edit, though that sounds kinda creepy a little.

while its a bit creepy it is admitted in character...

vanagandr

For Skuld, how about a Banpeinator :P She is capable of making a fake skin (as seen with Urd in the manga - although that wasn't fake) and obviously robots (even a more humanoid one like Sigel).

I understand what you want to say about Hagall's group, but on the other hand you won't just break your story mold, but most other writer's, since those new characters sre hardly used in other fanfictions so far.

Goddesses and demons in A!MG are basically the same species. The only difference is the type of energy they use, which gives them their uniqueness. The monstergirls on the other hand are not 10 dimensional beings but 3 dimensional ones. Any similarities between them and the demons (such as the demon girls) could be explained as a result of:

a) A wish that somehow created a new type of monster girls

b) Experimentation to create minions that would work for them, but eventually didn't use them

c) Just general influence that resulted in the creation of a new type of monster girls. This is similar to the b) case, but more subtle (or even accidental) instead of direct manipulation.

Considering that MM is a bit more fanservice/mature oriented, I thought that Hild might be a bit more aggressive about her appearance in this (fanservice wise, if you get me :sneaky: ). Of course I don't suggest anything too much that would result into an M rating (even a lite one/non explicit). That's where the idea of the mummy girl comes from, aside from the general excuse to have her pose as a monster girl as well.

Polt could be a very similar as Otaki being the sane guy at times and trying to keep Tamiya under control. Unlike Otaki however, she could be more forceful and keep her ground instead of joining into whatever crazy scheme he comes up with. Having them grow as a couple eventually is a nice idea.

HotelKatz

I was thinking about having Sigel come first as a doppleganger robot menace under Skuld's command, but after a fight that reveals Skuld's identity to the temple, she gets downgraded to the Sigel that we all know and love because Skuld can't get the proper replacement parts any time soon.

vanagandr

I was thinking about having Sigel come first as a doppleganger robot menace under Skuld's command, but after a fight that reveals Skuld's identity to the temple, she gets downgraded to the Sigel that we all know and love because Skuld can't get the proper replacement parts any time soon.

Maybe Sigel gets on the wrong end of one of the girl's jealousy response ( Belldandy in particular ). Another way is having Urd blasting the problem away. Either way she is downgraded into the current version we know. Another thing about Sigel is that Skuld may have wanted to separate Belldandy and Keiichi at first, so she was designed to seduce him somehow. Considering that Skuld is more or less a kid, the programming could be lacking the important parts, resulting into funny situations.