NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HotelKatz

Ah! My daily life with Goddesses and Monstergirls

318 posts in this topic

I think I'll have Skuld and Sigel use code names while they are sorta-antagonists, so to fool the reader into thinking that it's either a team of OCs or Mara and an OC henchman.

I think I'll have Skuld and Sigel use code names while they are sorta-antagonists, so to fool the reader into thinking that it's either a team of OCs or Mara and an OC henchman.

Maybe something similar to the D character in MM. Either way, I agree that using their real names would be a problem, so they most likely have to use some code name in order to assume a fake identity.

Well, we all got plenty of time to figure out code names that that'll mislead the reader into thinking it's Mara

Skuld - Either Mistress or Master

Sigel - If I use Doppel, then it sets itself up for a nice callback when the real Doppel shows up and Sigel is reminded of her codename by either Urd or Papi.

--

Anyone else find it amusing that I'm going to use Skuld and Sigel as the first antagonists?

As for how strong I plan on making Sigel before she gets downgraded, since she'll be made of parts not found on Earth, I kinda plan on making her be able to mimic how strong Belldandy and the others can get when she takes their form, but not be able to take the same amount of damage or have their skill in fighting.

When you say strong do you mean physically or magically? After all Skuld mainly uses her magic through technology as explained during her and Hrungnir's match. So I don't think that the materials Siegel is mede of really matter, just the fact that she channels her creator's magic in some way. Of course neither Skuld nor Siegel is actually aware of it, just like it happens in the actual series. However having her nearly as powerful as her older sisters is unlikely at this point, although just like in the series, this could be very true in the future. Maybe after the whole part where she's the antagonist, her sisters will try to spend more time to properly train her and make sure that she won't turn bad in the future. That may be the reason that she will be sort of a big sister figure for Papi and Suu, to learn responsibility and grow emotionally.

I don't plan on Sigel using any spells, but her taking on Belldandy's form will cause an 'oh crap' reaction from Urd after Urd realizes that Sigel can mimic the form's strength, but only while she's in that form. So a little of both physically or magically. Magic mostly to enhance her body's frame and attack strength to better mimic people.

Actually, that's what I had in mind. Yes, using spells might be a bit too much, but like most other inventions of Skuld, her abilities are a bit of both technology and magic. However Sigel might be capable of doing some things that she isn't capable of in the manga, like changing her form. I think that the most shocking part for the others is when she exposes some of the flaws of the people she imitates. For example how will Belldandy react if Sigel-Belldandy gets a jealousy storm?

For the Belldandy reacting to the Sigel-Belldandy's jealousy storm, I'd imagine surprise for a brief moment and then filing the info away for discussion with Urd later. Dunno what kind of discussion, though. One about the doppelganger's attack abilities? Belldandy worrying that she might hurt someone if she were to have another jealousy storm.... or the possibility that she might already have and doesn't know about it? all of the above?

Though don't the jealousy storms count as a spell?

Then again, they aren't focused and are more of a reaction than anything else, so I think Sigel-Belldandy might be able to mimic them and could even pull a few off during combat, but it'd put a strain on her batteries and would force her to an early retreat.

Heh, All this talk makes me realize that Sigel is going to be depressed once that story arc is done. Going from a robot with doppelganger abilities who can go toe-to-toe with Belldandy in a fight.... to a offensive-less robot in the shape of a little girl.

Perhaps Banpei's first sentient action is to decide to cheer her up?

Maybe a combination of all the above reactions, as well as seeing what she causes from another person's POV.

A jealousy storm isn't really a spell, rather an out of control release of energy. As for Sigel being able to create it, well Skuld mede that booster machine in the past, the one that got out of control during the chapter where Urd managed to call her angel roe the first time in the series. However just like back then, it is an out of control situation and could be bad not only for those around her but to her own systems as well.

Perhaps that could be the reason for her eventual downgrade: She got so used to do things that others did, that ended up getting herself damaged. During the manga she also had the habit of making moves without balance and her joints started to malfunction.

Maybe Banpei trying to cheeer her up might be much better than trying to chase her around like in the manga. It's actually sweeter and by far less creepy.

got inspired to write this little scene

---

As the robot made his rounds around the temple, Banpei watched Keiichi, who was being hugged by Papi and Miia, who were arguing with each other. Looking past that, Banpei noticed Belldandy, who seemed slightly conflicted about what to do. He surmised that she wanted to take Keiichi away from the two monstergirls, but was feeling too passive at the moment. Since one of his programming laws was to try and put Belldandy and Keiichi together, the robot doing nothing would hopefully force the goddess to take action.

He walked away from the room and passed by a door leading to behind the temple. Banpei noticed Sigel was sitting on the step and was looking at the ground. From what he learned, she once was able to fight Belldandy, but now was unable to because Skuld couldn't get the parts at the moment. He walked by her and picked up a flower. He tried to offer it to her, but she huffed and looked away from him. He then decided to go for another tactic.

Sigel then did her best to ignore Banpei, who kept walking to and from her for some reason. After awhile, he seemed to get the hint and left her be. She stood up and walked inside to check if Skuld had gotten any of the replacement parts.

As she walked by a tv-watching Urd, the goddess looked over at the gynoid and said,"Nice flower crown, Sigel. Did you make it?"

Sigel looked over at a mirror and was surprised to see a crown of flowers on herself. Not knowing what to feel, she muttered, "No, Banpei did..."

Nice. Although a simple scene, it is in my opinion much better than the usual "chasing Sigel" routine. Having Banpei go through those simple gestures is very important as he hasn't the ability to talk anyways, so this is probably one of the few methods to express himself. I think you should keep this scene and use it (or some remake of it) in the story when Sigel gets downgraded.

As for Sigel's downgrade, well I still think that she started to use her abilities in ways that made her parts fail too frequently and require regular fixes. While Skuld claimed that the downgrade was due to the lack of parts, maybe that wasn't the whole story either. I find it hard to believe that a goddess that can make nearly anything from a few pieces of junk is actually run out of parts. Instead maybe during the course of the story she started to change her perspective of her creations and no longer see them as machines. Especially her sentient robots. So after several repairs, she might decided to remove several functions from Sigel in order to make sure that she isn't capable of damaging herself too much and end up loosing her. Although she could build another one without too much trouble, that wouldn't be the same Sigel that got broken beyond repair. That was the same attitude she eventually got in the manga and pointed that out to Mokkurkalfi, who treated her own creations as simple tools. Still Sigel was probably not told the whole story as Skuld maybe wanted her to also grow up and learn how to use her functions in a more careful and responsible manner and until then she is more or less stuck in the form we know from the manga.

Thanks.

For the fic, I'm currently going with that Skuld was using parts on Sigel that can't be found on Earth. Either because they were made of some mystical materials or the crafting process for the parts simply can't be done on Earth for the time being. They can't quite be sent to Earth without a very lengthy process to make sure that it's not being used to create anything harmful.

Just because she's a goddess whose extremely skilled with machines doesn't mean she can whip up all the parts out of nothing. After all, we're starting with a Sigel who can mimic Belldandy and can fight her in a bit of a mirror match for a little bit. I kinda doubt that can be done with parts found on Earth.

But I think I'll go with it's a mix of that and what you suggested.

Banpei did speak in the manga, but only for his intro chapter, which was chapter 46.

All he said was, "Important lunch forgot. Thing I must do."

Then his self-programming was wiped clean because he had no power left.

Well it goes without saying that Skuld can't build everything from nothing at all. So there should be some resources that she lacks in order to make the necessary repairs. If you want to mix both possibilities, you can have the lack of resources as the original problem, but have her postpone the repair until she think that Sigel is ready for that. After all this is probably after she acts as an antagonist, so there is no rush to give Sigel her full capabilities.

Yes Banpei only speaks at his introductory chapter, but never really speaks from that point on. While we are on the subject, where did he come from in this story? I mean, in the manga he was built on Earth, but is it the same case in here as well? Considering that Sigel appears first, is he also a robot that Skuld made earlier or is he constructed after Siegel got downgraded, in order to make up for some of her lost functions? It may seem a small detail, but it could change the overall relationship dynamics between him and Sigel depending on how and why they were made.