SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HotelKatz

Ah! My daily life with Goddesses and Monstergirls

321 posts in this topic

At the moment, Banpei will still be made on Earth and will make up for the lost functions. And maybe Skuld had a small plan to prevent the possibility of Sigel from falling in love with Keiichi.

--

Heh... this makes for an amusing mental image for some reason.

Sigel - made from heavenly and otherworldly parts.

Banpei - made from earthly parts.

If that is the case, then Banpei will start as Sigel's sidekick. For the beginning at least, he will just help her with anything that she can't do. She could either see him as an accessory or a cheap version of her. Certainly not as an equal due to his appearance and origin of materials. Getting over that, will probably require some effort from Banpei.

Also, as far as Sigel and Keiichi are concerned, there are enough ladies after him as it is. She could try to seduce him as part of the programming she had at the time, but after that part of the story is over, there is no reason for her to try that. Considering that she's a synthetic being, she might not consider him as a romantic interest in reality. In fact outside of her original mission, she might not really understand the point of a relationship. Eventually Keiichi could become more of a big brother figure for her.

Sigel falling in love with Keiichi will just be a silly momentary worry of Skuld's because of the number of girls chasing after Keiichi.

At the moment, a couple of posts back, you kind of seem to suggest that Sigel will be taking on most of the punishment for the story arc where she and Skuld are the antagonists, but I think I may be reading into your posts the wrong way.

True, Sigel pretty much will be doing the lion's share of the work of the arc, but Skuld did start the ball rolling. So Skuld holding back on the upgrades to teach Sigel a lesson is kinda hypocritical, unless Sigel went too far in trying to break Keiichi and Belldandy up for Belldandy to go back to Heaven with Skuld. Though,that would be kind of amusing in a weird way, Sigel succeeding far more in her time as an antagonist than Mara ever could in the entire series in driving a wedge between Keiichi and Belldandy.

If Sigel does wind up taking up most or all of the blame, then I'd be tempted to write a story arc where Mokkurkalfi appears and offers to Sigel a chance to get back her lost functions and more, if Sigel agrees to abandon Skuld.

Well I'm not really suggesting that Sigel should get the blame for her actions. Actually I rather think that most of the damage she receives is self induced based on how hard she pushed herself. Considering how loyal Sigel is, she would more than a bit overzealous to make her mission a success, leading into a lot of recklessness. Of course with Skuld most of the damage will be easily fixed, but in the end she might want to teach Sigel how to depend on herself, instead of constantly rely on her creator to fix her. Even worse, this implies that the damage can be fixed. So Skuld may eventually worry that Sigel's attitude will eventually get her permanently broken and that is why she will eventually keep her in her downgraded self for a while. That actually doesn't have to do anything with getting blamed or being punished for anything, but rather realize that she isn't indestructible and survive everything without any risk. Pretty much the video game logic of trying again from a savefile without any consequences.

So what flaws, character traits, looks, and etc.. should Sigel use against everybody while she and Skuld are antagonists? I'll start a list. italics are the ones I'm unsure about using.

Belldandy - Jealousy storms, competitive to the point where she forces Keiichi to follow through on promises he never made because she wants to compete in something, perhaps use Tall poppy syndrome somehow against Belldandy?

Urd - shot tempered, gets so wrapped up in the means that she forgets what the end was, meddles too much, can't quite be in a relationship for long

Miia - easily gets jealous, can be too clingy, can't cook well, sometimes hurts Keiichi with her tail

Centaurea - easily gets jealous and tries to hide it, sometimes attacks others out of reaction when they surprise her, tends to get ogled a lot because she doesn't wear a bra

Papi - Scatterbrained, tends to be treated like a kid because of her looks

Suu - ?

A few extra things for the list of flaws (without replacing the above):

Belldandy - Sometimes she doesn't express her real thoughts but rather keeps them to herself. Sometimes a bit naive.

Urd - Despite her usual attitude she is really insecure about her true nature and her place in heavens and/or family. Afraid of using her demonic side and as a result looses control of it easily (mainly because she never learned to control that part of her). Gets annoyed when she isn't the most well proportioned woman in the group.

Miia - tries to push herself on Keiichi although they haven't really gotten past the first stages of a relationship (or gotten in a relationship at all).

Centaurea - Has a strong sense of honor (almost in a medieval fashion of it) but it can be used to manipulate her. Her shape is made for speed but it may cause problems with human furniture and clothes that are nor built for her.

Papi - Tends to be pretty stubborn/ignore others, although this could be her being scatterbrained. Has problems using tools and other objects due to her arms/wings and requires help in order to do simple things when dealing with human made stuff.

Suu - Doesn't understand much of the basics of social interaction. Often handles others in ways that are better described as sexual abuse, although she doesn't probably know that. However Suu can be a bit difficult for Sigel to imitate due to her nature (she's too liquid/amorphous for Sigel to copy - could be used as a flaw in Sigel's copy mechanism).

Rachnera - Same as Urd mostly. Distrustful of humans or anyone who thinks that her body (the spider part mostly) is disgusting. She actually believes that to a certain degree.

I had an idea with Skuld. Maybe something to explore here, maybe in another Fic. We know that, at least in some interpretations, that her magical 'element' is water. I am not sure how much of that canon and how much is driven by fanfiction. I don't have instant recall on the 300+ chapters. ;)

Anyway, I had an evil thought about her yesterday. If we assume that she can control water, then by extention, she could, in theory, physically control the actions of mortals. That is because, as noted in an old ST:TNG episode where they found a sentient crystaline silicone based life form, that we are "bags of mostly water". If you are using her as an antagonist in the beginning, then this is something that could be played on. Just a theory. Of course, that would take a level of fine control that she may not be capable of, depending on whether or not you have her being the same or more advanced magically then when she is introduced in canon.

Hmm... interesting, but as you already pointed out, it requires a lot of control that she doesn't seem to have. She is somewhat associated with water, but still other goddesses can manipule the mind of mortals without going to such low level access to their body. That is when we talk about mind control. If we want to really get nasty, then she could instantly freeze or boil all the water in someone's body. Lets leave the graphic details about what happens in that case out of here. Nasty stuff.

Skuld in general (that is outside this fic) could eventually become a very powerful goddess, as hinted by the recent chapters (maybe nearly as much as Urd). Perhaps like the original Skuld from Norse mythology, she might even become a Valkyrie when she grows up. After all her personality is closer to Urd than Belldandy and she certainly enjoys to blow stuff up.

I actually don't plan on Rachnera appearing until Hild does. That'll happen a bit of a long time after Skuld and Sigel join the temple.

But I'm slightly tempted to have a bit of a story arc later where Mokkurkalfi gets her hands on the schematics for Sigel's doppel-bot design, so that Rachnera can be targeted as well.

And I'm going to label you as the co-planner for the fic, vanagandr. You've been that helpful.

True, I forgot about that. Guess I just started to list characters, without paying too much attention to the original point of the list. You know I didn't pick Urd for my avatar for no reason :P

The thing about Mokkurkalfi is that she may eventually create her own doppelganger robot and for the first part everyone will suspect Skud and Sigel.

Hmm... interesting, but as you already pointed out, it requires a lot of control that she doesn't seem to have. She is somewhat associated with water, but still other goddesses can manipule the mind of mortals without going to such low level access to their body. That is when we talk about mind control. If we want to really get nasty, then she could instantly freeze or boil all the water in someone's body. Lets leave the graphic details about what happens in that case out of here. Nasty stuff.

Skuld in general (that is outside this fic) could eventually become a very powerful goddess, as hinted by the recent chapters (maybe nearly as much as Urd). Perhaps like the original Skuld from Norse mythology, she might even become a Valkyrie when she grows up. After all her personality is closer to Urd than Belldandy and she certainly enjoys to blow stuff up.

Yes, very. Perhaps something to explore in the future on my own. Plot bunnies are forming.

So off topic a bit here (sorry Katz!). Totally agree with Skuld having a lot of potential. Being the daughter of the Diatenkacho would imply that all three of them are going to be extremely powerful. However, I personally do not subscribe to the idea that Urd is going to be the most powerful just because Hild is her mother. Especially after seeing Anzasu effectively stand her ground and fight her to a draw (although its unclear if they were just fighting for the fun of it or not). I doubt that Hild's pride would allow her to leave it at a draw, so the fact that it was just that, I think, says something about Anzasu's level of power. Also, if you assume that the children of gods and goddesses only ever inherit half their power from each, then that would cause the overall power levels of the dieties to diminish over time. That would be because the power level of the offspring can never exceed that of the parents. Now where is that "beating a dead horse" icon. :)

Back on topic, for Suu, I think it should be mentioned that she generally mimics others when it comes to interaction. She is generally a blank slate in that regard. However, based on some things that have happened, I think she is extremely intelligent, and is either hiding it, or can only show it when the situation calls for it.

And what about Merone?

Always glad to do something to inspire plot bunnies. And I don't mind going off topic for a bit. Sometimes that brings out the best plot bunnies.

As for Skuld, at the moment, I don't think she'd have enough power or control over her magic to control someone and harming anyone with her magic would really bother her. but using her powers over water to give someone an upset stomach? It's probably the most I'd use for the fic while she is an antagonist.

Ah, forgot about Merone. She'd be targeted by Mokkurkalfi's copy of Doppelbot Sigel, due to the timeline. Of course, that's if I have Mokkurkalfi steal the designs from Skuld, instead having her come up with her own version. If I have Mokkurkalfi steal the designs, the demon would upgrade them to allow the doppelbot to successfully copy Suu.

At the moment, all I can come up with is a bit of a taunting of how Merone is actively seeking tragedy in her relationship with Keiichi, thus somehow having Urd become a bit hostile towards the mermaid for wanting Urd's luck in relationships.