SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HotelKatz

Ah! My daily life with Goddesses and Monstergirls

321 posts in this topic

I also don't want to go off topic so ignore the spoiler tag if you want:

Hild and Anzus are like Urd and Mara to a great extend. Pride has little to do when dealing with someone that is the closest thing to a friend (well sort of friend anyways). They indeed seen to interact in a very similar manner to those two and like Urd, Hild may be holding back a bit (after all Urd didn't go too far with Mara even if she could, although Anzus is clearly much more powerful and much closer to Hild). Also both of them were hit by Urd to snap out of it, when not a while ago Urd really tried to punch her mother and got no results whatsoever. If Hild and Anzus really resented each other, then the situation would be very different (they went back to play cards after everyone left). I don't agree that children have to inherit less power from their parents. It could be that they inherit less potential, but that doesn't mean all that much. To put it simple, they could be either weaker ore more powerful than their parents, but not by a huge margin. If both parents are powerful, they could be more likely to be the same, but there are certain limits to both the best and the worst case scenario of what they could be. That way their species doesn't degenerate over time, but doesn't grow exponentially either. As for Urd, well her greatest strength isn't her power, but her dual nature in terms of versatility (using the powers of both sides), even if this is currently more of a liability because she never mastered it.

Now back on topic

Suu is indeed a lot smarter than she looks, although i think her primary problem isn't her IQ but her SQ and the complete lack of social knowledge. maybe slimes act as collective organisms instead of a bunch of individuals? That could explain why she has so much trouble communicating with other individual entities while her species act as a single large being when close together.

As for Sigel not being capable of copying Suu, it isn't necessary a flaw. Remember Suu and large amounts of water? If Mokkurkalfi makes a doppelganger that successfully imitates Suu, they can just throw it in a river. Problem solved. Reminds me of a movie, although they used molten metal there ;)

Personally, I am not a Merone fan, to tell the truth. So if you left her out of the fic, I would not be terribly heartbroken. I just bring her up for accuracy's sake and nothing more. :)

Personally, I am not a Merone fan, to tell the truth. So if you left her out of the fic, I would not be terribly heartbroken. I just bring her up for accuracy's sake and nothing more. :)

Me too to tell the truth, but Wellsper might have a different opinion about this for :cough: obvious :cough: reasons.

On the other hand, is Peorth going to appear before Skuld or after her? I personally think it might be best if she shows up after, but I was just curious

I'm kind of a Merone fan, but then again, I'm a bit of a sucker for characters with Goth Lolita fashion. There really hasn't been that many chapters to make me a true Merone fan. So chances are, she'd show up as a cameo. Or maybe have her caretaker be an OC teashop owner and have Merone be who Belldandy might sometimes go to to speak with once in awhile.

If I were to keep the pilot chapter in canon for the fic, Peorth would appear after Skuld.

So you're an Ehwaz fan? She's definitely that style. And Hagall to certain point, although not nearly as much as Ehwaz.

If Merone appears as a cameo once in a while, then why not have Sayoko be her caretaker. Her family certainly owns several businesses (including perhaps a teashop franchise) and has enough money to make an indoors swimming pool for Merone. It could be a PR move from Sayoko's family to show a good face during the whole inter species cultural exchange, by participating and taking a monster girl into their care. Merone certainly has the mannerisms of a wealthy, albeit well mannered, girl and she could appear alongside Sayoko. And she could also talk with Belldandy every time she appears in the teashop (much to Sayoko's dismay).

Judging from your post a few posts back, you almost seem to suggest that I might go and have Welsper start to crush on Merone once he sees her. Pre or post cat-tification?

It kinda seems like it'd be a fun idea to mess around with.

No, that was just a joke. Welsper is a cat, Merone is a... well fish... hmm half? You get the idea. Not as part of the fic itself but rather an omake or something? i think that trowing Welsper into the mix would be too much to handle all in the same story, but it is your call. After all he might have been caught and punished before he appears, unlike the actual manga where he almost succeeds. Maybe he found her while roaming the streets, looking for food and se took pity on him, although whether she knows his/her true nature is not certain at the time. Maybe considering her Belldandy-like character (at times) he could see her as the closest substitute considering that the rest of his species (mainly Hild) cut his ambitions short.

And speaking of cameos, some of the other demonesses could fit some of the stereotypical monster girl archetypes. Like Thrymr could be an ogre and Hagal a Medusa. While the latter cannot tur someone into stone, she can convince them that they have actually become one. Also the way Keiichi and Belldandy walked into the throne room in the manga, with their eyes lowered and avoiding eye contact reminded me that.

Uhhhhh.... ummmmmm....... Not a fan of Sayoko being a host here as she is WAY too self centered and would probably just shut her in a closet and bring her out for photo-ops and nothing more. No one would find out because Smith would drop her off and wash her hands of it. However, that could lead into an arc about her where she ends up being saved from that situation by Keiichi? This could be the catalyst for her to come into the fold.

Not saying she should though, because I'm not. But throwing it out there because, well, I can. haha

And as for Welsper, biologically female, but mentally male, so I could definitly see him crushing on her, but her rejecting because she does not swing that way.

Well, slapping them to get their attention is far different from hitting to do harm. I could smack Chuck Norris, I would get his attention, but I doubt I could ever do any real damage.

I would not be terribly surprised if the discussion on how powerful the offspring can be gets brought up if Keiichi and Bell ever get to that point. As for now, its all speculation. Only Fujishima really knows how the powers of the offspring would be effected by those of the parents, and that's only if he ever gave it any thought (which I doubt). The only REAL evidence that Urd's raw power levels are higher than Belldandy or Skuld's are Bell's own words, and we all know how modest she is. Later on after, we see that Urd is afraid of Bell in some respects (as is Peorth).

And I would agree with the versatility part, though. Its similar to a "switch hitter" in baseball. They put additional pressure on the opponent since they can come from both sides. There have been some truely great ones over the years. However, when you put their stats next to others at their level that are either a righty or a lefty, they are generally equal.

Yes, that can be the case. Not necessary to save her, but rather find a way to get her into some other's care. The real problem would be to find an excuse that wouldn't attract too much of a negative attention, especially from the press. Both Sayoko and Merone will likely agree and the whole setup could lead her living under the care of the OC teashop owner like HotelKatz originally planned. It could allow them to know and visit her as a friend from time to time after they help her.

As for Welsper, I agree that she would reject him as a biologically female cat, but if she gets to know his whole story, that is his crush with Belldandy and everything, she might change her mind somewhat. After all she has a soft spot for tragic love stories.

Ok, if this also counts as fanfic material I'll consider answering here (that's my best excuse :P)

Yes, she got their attention, but they were playing to begin with. I don't think they would be really serious, not with the doublet system and certainly not with all their daughters just nearby. But what can be considered as a game for them could be a massacre for others, so it is subjective.

My idea about children is that if they were always weaker than their parents, it would lead to a degeneration. It should be way more dynamic, just like in the real world. However for Keiichi and Belldandy, the real question isn't how powerful their children will be, but rather if they can have children and what species the would belong to. I hope this gets adressed at some point by Fujishima, i wouldn't like it to be left open like that.

The example you give for Urd is fitting. She has the most versatility, but it comes with its price too. Sure she is powerful and has the strengths of both species, but she also has the weaknesses of both. And learning how to properly use her potential is something different altogether. So far she hardly knows how to use her demonic side, not to mention use both sides at the same time.

I don't think I can think up a believable way for Sayoko to lose Merone via Keiichi saving the mermaid, Merone going to the OC Teashop owner, and have Sayoko and Merone be friends. Sayoko losing Merone will cause bad publicity. Sayoko is from a rich family and the Monstergirls are the focus of the media in the fic. Her family would be losing face for it.

So it might be better off if Merone's Caretaker is the OC teashop owner but Merone kinda has a crush on Keiichi, but Merone and Sayoko sorta team-up to get Keiichi to go after Sayoko.

Well, like any good company or multi-millionaire, Sayoko would have access to a publicity department that could spin pretty much anything into a positive. The key would be to think of what it would be. That could open up the story to allow you to run with it. And I'm not saying that Sayoko would outright neglect Merone purposely, just be distant and maybe thoughtless about her feelings and such, which is definitely up Sayoko's alley. Merone getting moved out could be something as simple as Keiichi getting Sayoko to see the light in some way.

That OC Teashop owner wouldn't be named Urashima, would they? :)

Yeah, I believe that Fujishima has already mentioned that the goddess’s earthly forms are just shells. So can a shell reproduce? We shall see I guess. There are a number of fics I have read on FanFiction that makes their children these uber powerful beings. I’m sure you have read them as well. Personally, I prefer mythology’s answer on their offspring: demi-gods. Not sure how many people caught it, I sort of hinted at that in my Longing of the Soul story when Hideki first runs in to Nanna, who is Bell and Keiichi’s daughter, at least in my own universe.

Getting back to Urd, I am curious as to whether she can actually call on both aspects of herself at the same time. Again, the switch hitter analogy. If a switch hitter starts an at bat as a lefty, he cannot switch after the first pitch. Likewise, when Urd was the Lord of Terror, she was 100% demon. Same when she embraces her demonic side in 280. She’s all demon. So we know she can be one or the other, the question is can she truly be both at the same time. Fujishima will have to answer that for us.

Maintaining a mermaid is no cheap task. She requires a lot of money to build the pool she needs. Sayoko really has the money for that. In the end she could be used as a sponsor in order for Merone to get a home. As such it will look that she wasn't the actual caretaker, but rather the one that covered the expenses in order for the OC family to be capable to support her.

Also nice reference :)

There are no demigods in A!MG. The closest however are beings like the Lake Goddess, who had a mortal origin, but became a goddess as part of a contract. In case of Keiichi it might be necessary to become one in order to have children with Belldandy, who would most likely be like their mother in terms of nature. But this is something that we can speculate for now. I'm still waiting until a canon solution is provided at some point.

As for Urd, ther isn't any hard restriction on which nature she uses, as seen when she willingly calls it. She is also capable of converting one type of energy to another, based of what she wants. But in order to make it work properly, she must learn to control both her natures and while she's pretty good with her goddess side ( remember her first class licence test ), her demon side is another situation altogether. Not only she lost it, but she hardly even remembered her own sister. If someone actually taught her how to use her demonic nature properly, that wouldn't happen, but her previous reluctance to deal with that part of her heritage, was not helping in that matter. Maybe after the latest chapters, she could be a bit closer to her mother, without giving up her current lifestyle. After all this is the first time we saw her discussing her origins with her mother or even interact at all.