Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
sbyrstall

Paradise Residence: An Overview

sbyrstall    6
sbyrstall

"Paradise Residence is about the battles in the first dormitory of the Kikka Institute, where the dorm mother is a grade school girl. The main character is Hatsune Takanashi, a student at the Kikka Academy girls' dormitory. She's active and straightforward, has trouble waking up, hates natto, and one of her main three urges is the lust for conquest!"

Time for the general discussion of the returning manga.

vanagandr    203
vanagandr

Read the latest two chapters and I have to say that I knew that Mr Fujishima couldn't make a series with no bikes :joyful: (chapter 8). It was a bit weird that there were no mechanical stuff anywhere in the previous 7 chapters.

The artwork quality seems to be picking up in the later ones too. Also it is not a big secret that Mr Fujishima uses character templates for his work, making several of his characters to look very similar with others that share the basic form. So after looking at them in the latest chapters (7 & 8) I start to think that Komatsu looks awfully similar to Ansuz's facial structure and Hatsune is starting to actually resemble Hild to a certain degree (her hairstyle at least in chapter 8 for example, although it's a bit toned down). Or I'm just seeing things.

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

I'm not surprised. This is a different concept from his previous work and I have to say that it's refreshing to see a normal manga series about life. What we have to remember is that Mr. Fujishima has spent the past 30+ years working on new anime, manga, videogames that dealt with nothing but mechanics of machinery. You're Under Arrest, Ah! My Goddess, Sakura Wars, eX-Driver ... all of these various anime and manga projects have involved saturation of vechicles, motorbikes and other various machinery.

It's just nice to see him try a different approach to manga with Paradise Residence. It seems more like Strawberry Marshmellow meets Tenchi Muyo. :shappy:

Firefly One    19
Firefly One

I'm interested to see how he adapts it from the short-chapter format to the standard length - and to see a straight-up comedy. AMG started out as a comedy, but quickly changed and grew.

sbyrstall    6
sbyrstall

Eighteen chapters in and I'm liking it. I like how he's stayed away from the school (not saying there weren't any scenes) and focused on the house/dorm. I'd like to see more adults in the series. it's definately open for adults to be a integral part of the series.