NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

vanagandr

Ah! The following day

479 posts in this topic

Yes, but at the moment they were all far too exhausted both physically and mentally for that. Just keep in mind that the entire Nifelheim arc was just a few hours for them. So by the time the went to sleep, they were like logs. Part of the reason why Lind was the only one to wake up and greet the mailman. She's a trained warrior, meaning that she's better prepared for dealing with fatigue and overall more alert.

But their situation will change soon, although I won't include descriptions of those parts for obvious reasons. I just want to keep the story out of the R territory, though a few jokes here and there are fine.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you be explicit, necessarily. But you could do something like, "Later that day, the South Wind began to blow...humming ever so nicely, Belldandy pushed Keiichi on to the nearest comfortable surface and performed her wifely duties.

Later...

They put every florist in town out of business with all the tons of flowers everywhere.

I know that. Just felt that I had to mention somewhere that I wasn't planning to go too far. After all It's not possible to post something like that in this forum and i'm not really interested to do those parts anyways.

What I'm planning to do is go around the subject as you already suggested. That's what I was going to do in the first place. However I think that i may throw a few different variations here and there. Having the flowers theme everywhere is going to loose its comedic value after a while. It's like saying the same joke over and over. No mater how good it is, sooner or later, people are going to feel that it's no longer funny. :sneaky:

Anyways, since the manga itself doesn't include ascension, there's also the potential for demigods, if your story continues on long enough. Have you thought about those?

Or are you declaring them unable to have kids till he ascends?

The problem in my mind is how does a demigod work? What is a demigod in the first place?

By the word's definition it's a half god and half a mortal. But the problem is how does half a 10 dimensional being and half a 3 dimensional one work together as one. If the end result requires 10 dimensions to properly function, assuming that the binding process of the parent's parts is non destructive, then it's a god or at least something god-like. So not a demigod, but rather an unusual god, one with a few peculiarities for sure.

In my opinion, the best way is to have Keiichi ascend eventually, but I haven't set my mind yet. There may be other ways to have children with Belldandy and maybe in the long run, his new family will be the reason that he changes his mind in regards to Tyr's offer.

Well, it depends on the demigod. Of the Children of Zeus, over in Greek land, Hercules was 10 dimensional, Orion and Perseus were 3 dimensional.

Well, it depends on the demigod. Of the Children of Zeus, over in Greek land, Hercules was 10 dimensional, Orion and Perseus were 3 dimensional.

hercules become that rather than was born that though as i understand

Well, the thing about Hercules is, he's got (and always has) the physical strength of a 10 dimensional being. In fact, he has the physical strength of a 10 dimensional first class unlimited being. Unfortunately, he hasn't got the magic to go with it. Even more unfortunately, he never wears limiters, and this is why he accidentally kills people so frequently with that strength. When you've got a guy who can arm wrestle Tyr in one hand and Hild in the other and win both matches, who wears no limiters, people are gonna die to 'bull in a china shop.'

Edited by Angelalex242

Well, the thing about Hercules is, he's got (and always has) the physical strength of a 10 dimensional being. In fact, he has the physical strength of a 10 dimensional first class unlimited being. Unfortunately, he hasn't got the magic to go with it. Even more unfortunately, he never wears limiters, and this is why he accidentally kills people so frequently with that strength.

he started off the same as other demigods(albeit a stronger one) stuff happend he became a greater and greater hero and then asecended to become a god later on. Also demigods strength levels to some level are the whim of their divine parent.

This is, at the very least, my personal interpretation: I think that a good analogy for this might be from video games, actually.

Demigods or demigoddesses are born similarly to how divinity and demons manifest themselves in the third dimension: 10th dimensional beings that have 'fixed' a certain form to be their avatar. Belldandy and her future child (or children) is/are probably a good reference point here. Rather than being a kind of puppet master that pulls the strings for this form, they literally are it. That probably doesn't make much sense but I hope it will in a moment.

We know that the form Belldandy assumes in AMG is not what she actually is; her 10th dimensional self is incomprehensible to human senses. To deal with this, when on the 3rd dimensional plane, she constructs for herself a player character - so to speak - as one might do in a western RPG: changing height, hair color, etc. Hypothetically, there's nothing stopping Belldandy from appearing looking like she's a Native American or from somewhere in Africa. For whatever reason she simply chooses to look European. An interesting aside is if 'her' gender (can a term like that even really apply for beings as complex as gods and demons here?) is fluid; I would lean towards no, if only because it seems to be that way in Asgard. But regardless: how Belldandy looks is not really reflective of what she is.

The opposite is true for demigods. Sort of. Rather than controlling an extension of themselves on the 3rd dimensional plane, they're constantly a single form (whether that means they're designer babies or 'naturally' occurring here by random chance is anyone's guess; up to vanagandr). Think of it more like in a Japanese RPG where you have a pre-existing character whom you take control of. While they might strongly resemble a human, even appearing that way to other gods in higher dimensions, they're at least capable of seeing and interacting with those planes of existence. This perhaps explains why they're not quite as powerful as their divine parents: by limiting their form, it significantly decreases their ability to interact with more advanced powers/technology specifically designed for their more otherwordly/ethereal family members.

Just my $0.02.

Edited by Nevermore

This is, at the very least, my personal interpretation: I think that a good analogy for this might be from video games, actually.

Demigods or demigoddesses are born similarly to how divinity and demons manifest themselves in the third dimension: 10th dimensional beings that have 'fixed' a certain form to be their avatar. Belldandy and her future child (or children) are probably a good reference point here. Rather than being a kind of puppet master that pulls the strings for this form, they literally are it. That probably doesn't make much sense but I hope it will in a moment.

We know that the form Belldandy assumes in AMG is not what she actually is; her 10th dimensional self is incomprehensible to human senses. To deal with this, when on the 3rd dimensional plane, she constructs for herself a player character - so to speak - as one might do in a western RPG: changing height, hair color, etc. Hypothetically, there's nothing stopping Belldandy from appearing looking like she's a Native American or from somewhere in Africa. For whatever reason she simply chooses to look European. An interesting aside is if 'her' gender (can a term like that even really apply for beings as complex as gods and demons here?) is fluid; I would lean towards no, if only because it seems to be that way in Asgard. But regardless: how Belldandy looks is not really reflective of what she is.

The opposite is true for demigods. Sort of. Rather than controlling an extension of themselves on the 3rd dimensional plane, they're constantly a single form (whether that means they're designer babies or 'naturally' occurring here by random chance is anyone's guess; up to vanagandr). Think of it more like in a Japanese RPG where you have a pre-existing character whom you take control of. While they might strongly resemble a human, even appearing that way to other gods in higher dimensions, they're at least capable of seeing and interacting with those planes of existence. This perhaps explains why they're not quite as powerful as their divine parents: by limiting their form, it significantly decreases their ability to interact with more advanced powers/technology specifically designed for their more otherwordly/ethereal family members.

Just my $0.02.

i can agree with that. that would make the most sense. though to my knowledge most asgardian deities werent known to shapeshift(bar loki) unlike Greek ones.

The story I'm currently writing is probably closer to the manga than its Norse origins. Of course I plan to borrow mythological elements as I see fit, but they have to be made in a way that will look compatible with the AMG canon. That means, they have to look as they belong in the general feel of the story and don't stick out too much.

That being said, I see that the best analogy of this situation is a hardware incompatibility in computer terms. Belldandy as a 10 dimensional being and Keiichi as a 3 dimensional one. If there is a way to bridge that gap, it is possible for them to have children even in case where Keiichi is still a human. I have entertained the idea that perhaps having an angel would give Keiichi's profile a 10 dimensional interface, even if it's just barely there.

Of course, I'm open to other alternatives as well. But in either case it has to be something that is either unique and difficult to achieve, not some cheesy 'power up' that solves all the problems by itself. The example with the angel as mentioned above isn't something that a normal, average mortal can do. Keiichi is the only human that managed to host an angel. Plus in a certain way it creates a first step to become a god, instead of getting there all in one go. A set of training wheels, figuratively speaking.

Though the talk about children is a bit of a secondary priority at the moment. I'm not going to rush strait to the point where they have one just yet. It's going to take some time before I'll make a time jump, since I want to keep moving the current plot, before it becomes history. I want to leave the readers with a satisfied feeling about the other character's lives and the overall situation in the mortal realm before they move on to somewhere else. Though it may be possible to have children while they are still on Earth, that subject can dominate the story and leave the rest of the cast outside of the plot.

So the story won't be too fast paced. Although not as slow as the manga. 25 years may be too much for me :tongue: