Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
vanagandr

Ah! The following day

grayfox123    136
grayfox123

Good afternoon. 

Waiting to find out who odal really is? 

And what the main couple will be up to next? 

And who is Hel....machine or eleven dimensional creature..?

Edited by grayfox123
correcting grammatical errors

vanagandr    203
vanagandr
3 hours ago, grayfox123 said:

Good afternoon. 

Waiting to find out who odal really is? 

And what the main couple will be up to next? 

And who is Hel....machine or eleven dimensional creature..?

I'm working on the chapter, so it'll be online in the next few days (I still need to write a few extra things and then make edits). 

As for Hel, though... she's the closest thing to a cyborg in the story, having both living parts and a ten dimensional computer modules. In many ways, her humanoid body is the avatar of her true, computer like self. This is a reference to her original depiction in Norse mythos as half living and half dead (which in this case is half alive and half machine). Other than that, her purpose is to maintain (store) human souls. 

Urd    47
Urd

How in the world Rota made her way into this fic?

And Sanngrid....Sanngrior?

vanagandr    203
vanagandr
10 minutes ago, Urd said:

How in the world Rota made her way into this fic?

And Sanngrid....Sanngrior?

Both of them are Valkyries, so I've decided to use them over any kind of alternatives (there are other Valkyries I could've tried, but I kind of liked their names). Especially Sanngrid (yes, she's  Sanngriðr in the original) whose name is very fitting for her role. 

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada

I think Urd is trying to point out that we used both Valkyries in Scarred Survivors.  :) 

vanagandr    203
vanagandr

I kind of realized that, but then again there aren't that many Valkyrie names easy enough to remember, so the list of available options is very limited ^^; 

Although I'm more interested in the meaning of their names back when I picked them. Rota is essentially associated with ice, and hence more likely to train under Lind (her name means "sleet and storm"). On the other hand, Sanngrid's name ("very violent, very cruel") pretty much explains a lot in terms of her role in my story. 

Then again, I did consider a few others possibilities, including those two being sisters, but... those would've been Hlaðguðr svanhvít ( "Hlaðguðr swan-white" ) and Hervör alvitr (Hervor  "all-wise" or "strange creature"). Which... would've been a challenge to convert their names into something that I could remember off hand without looking into my notes XD

grayfox123    136
grayfox123

And another interesting chapter!

By the way, when is the action moving back to Earth.? 

Also, Keiichi becoming a god means that yes...he can be with Bell-chan forever. The problem is the implicaiton for his mortal relatives.

Hope Peorth does not take the job of being Keiichi's surrogate mother...literally.(Similar runes and all).

vanagandr    203
vanagandr

Thank you very much! It took me longer to finish this chapter, since it was hard to write the whole scene in the bar and especially the one later on with Keiichi and Belldandy. 

Keiichi will eventually come back to Earth, but not anytime soon. He has yet to learn about being a god, and there are a few more reasons why I'd like to keep him in Asgard for a while, before he eventually goes back for 'vacations' that'll let him stay in Nekomi for a while. 

His mortal relatives and friends are indeed a problem, but one that's unfortunately unavoidable. At some point he needs to.. well... learn how to live with it, knowing that he'll outlive any mortal he knows. It won't be easy of course, but by that time he'll be much more ready to handle it than now. 

Nah, that was a joke. The closest thing he's got as a surrogate mother is Ansuz (albeit his mother in law), or... in a more matter of fact, Laguz. The goddess of the Lake may not become his actual mother, but she does know a lot of what's going on in his mind right now. Even though she's an artificial goddess, she used to be a mortal at one point, and that makes her the best source of advice Keiichi has available to him.