NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

vanagandr

Ah! The following day

482 posts in this topic

Another great chapter. Odal is now a whipped husband.

Although there is something that I just can't wrap my head around.

So Odal is Keiichi and Belldandy's kid, that I understand...but from what time period? That part kind of eluded me towards the middle there. I can't really tell if he is from the future or...the present? Does that even make sense?

The way it is, I think that it's hard to tell which exact time frame it is.

Although a bit of a spoiler, if you look back at Keiichi's 'ascension' you'll notice that Yggdrasil is a non linear being, capable of supervising countless timelines, with the 'present one being just a singular possibility. The reason why Odal (and the Dryads for that matter) is in the current one has to do with Yggdrasil too. Think of it as a similar case to Keiichi's, but with different circumstances. Also, I think I've mentioned it on an earlier chapter, but according to demons' analysis of him and the dryads, they're older than the 'present' universe, Meaning that wherever (or whenever) he came from, things had progressed much further than the current timeline. And the only hint I can give (which I think I've dropped somewhere in the story too) is that the reason he ended up here, is Nidhogg (the actual dragon, not the demons' computer).

The only reason I can't say that he's from the future is that in reality some things in his world were somewhat different even prior to the point where the events of AMG (the canon series) took place. But that's something I'll have to touch later in the story. I hope this kind of makes sense though.