Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

vanagandr

Ah! The following day

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada

Man, Odal says he's not like his dad, but some of his reactions to Hagall say otherwise.  Greate chapter overall.  Can't wait for Keiichi to see his 'son' and the explanation to Bell for not having told her as soon as he found out. 

vanagandr    209
vanagandr

Isn't that always the case with kids? Still, glad you liked the chapter, it was a bit of an experiment in terms of the whole diary, since that was from a first person perspective. Oh, and you won't have to wait for too long actually ;)

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada

So now they both know.... and Belldandy is pregnant??  Was that before or after his deification?  Does it make a difference?

vanagandr    209
vanagandr
22 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

So now they both know.... and Belldandy is pregnant??  Was that before or after his deification?  Does it make a difference?

Yes, Belldandy is indeed pregnant. It kind of happened right after Keiichi's deification, so you can expect their daughter to be a full goddess. Also, note that this child is totally unrelated to Odal, in both gender and eventually, personality.

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
6 hours ago, vanagandr said:

Also, note that this child is totally unrelated to Odal, in both gender and eventually, personality.

Well, she is "related" in that she is his sister, albeit from another dimension/timeline.  ;)  I assume the differences between the too will be highlighted in an epilogue? 

vanagandr    209
vanagandr
10 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Well, she is "related" in that she is his sister, albeit from another dimension/timeline.  ;)  I assume the differences between the too will be highlighted in an epilogue? 

That's correct. The differences will be indeed highlighted but not in the epilogue, instead I'll leave it for the sequel. While I originally planned to make this story into a much longer one, I think it's better if I end it with the current long arc, and then leave the remaining ideas for a sequel that'll take a few centuries after this story. And some of the main characters will be Lofn (Keiichi and Belldandy's daughter), along with Brunhild (Urd and Mara's daughter) and Odal's own daughter (she's not going to make an appearance any time soon).

In a way, those three will become the new troublesome trio, although their personalities won't be a direct equivalent of the Norn's. For example, the half goddess/demoness of the group will be the youngest instead of the oldest. ;)

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:21 AM, vanagandr said:

Odal's own daughter

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:21 AM, vanagandr said:

the half goddess/demoness of the group will be the youngest instead of the oldest. ;)

Ohhhh, so this union with Odal and Hagall is going to stick?

vanagandr    209
vanagandr
1 hour ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Ohhhh, so this union with Odal and Hagall is going to stick?

Yes, that's right. And I even picked a name for her: Isaz (the I rune that means "Ice"). Quite fitting for someone whose mother is named "Hail" if I have to say so. 

Also, I kind of realized it now but both Isaz and Brunhild are hybrids, although the former is a demoness and the latter is a goddess (at least as far as their primary configuration is concerned). This leaves Lofn being the only pure blooded goddess of her group. Even more interesting, unlike the Norns who are sisters, Lofn will be Isaz's aunt despite not being all that older than her. You can expect Brunhild to tease her quite a bit for that (she's the middle one of the group, being born somewhere between Lofn and Isaz).

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
4 hours ago, vanagandr said:

Even more interesting, unlike the Norns who are sisters, Lofn will be Isaz's aunt despite not being all that older than her. You can expect Brunhild to tease her quite a bit for that (she's the middle one of the group, being born somewhere between Lofn and Isaz).

Ha, yeah.  You could also go with something akin to the relationship with Haruka and Keitari from Love Hina where Haruka insisted Keitaro call her Aunt when they were younger and punishes him for it later in life. 

And yeah, Isaz is half and half like Urd where Brunhild will be 1/4 goddess and 3/4 demon.  But Brunhild chooses to be a goddess?  That's... unexpected considering her parents.  (or did I read that wrong above?)

vanagandr    209
vanagandr
2 minutes ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Ha, yeah.  You could also go with something akin to the relationship with Haruka and Keitari from Love Hina where Haruka insisted Keitaro call her Aunt when they were younger and punishes him for it later in life. 

And yeah, Isaz is half and half like Urd where Brunhild will be 1/4 goddess and 3/4 demon.  But Brunhild chooses to be a goddess?  That's... unexpected considering her parents.  (or did I read that wrong above?)

Hey, that's actually something I nearly forgot about! That's just perfect, so I'll go with it!

No, you're right about it. Brunhild is only 1/4 goddess and only converted to a goddess to stay with her mother. Obviously she's got more than enough demonic influence and blood for the other celestials to consider her a fake goddess. Also, unlike Urd, she needs a LOT of seals to keep those 3/4ths of her power from making her a demoness, and that makes her the weakest of the group. However, if the need arises she can turn back into a demoness, which obviously makes her the strongest of them all, and by a long shot too.

Hilariously enough though, Brunhild is much more troublesome as a goddess, since she tends to behave like Urd, while as a demoness she starts to show aspects of Mara... who's harmless in comparison to a full demon Urd.