Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
agustinaldo

Do you think I will meet Belldandy in Heaven after I die?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

agustinaldo

I'm a religious man. I don't know if I'm Christian or Catholic (I'm from Latin America, and we Latinos don't make a difference between the two).

This is why I keep watching and rewatching "Oh My Goddess": it's the best Christian/Catholic show I've ever seen. Much like "The Chronicles of Narnia", this anime uses methaphor to convey deep Christian/Catholic messages. Aslan won't come out and say that he's Jesus, but you know he's Jesus. Likewise, Belldandy, Skuld, Peorth and Lind call themselves "goddesses", but I know that they are really angels. What their call their "angels" are really shards of the Holy Ghost that reside within them. The "valkiries" are archangels.

With that being said, I'm also aware of my own mortality, so here's my deepest wish:

when I die, I want Belldandy to lift my soul up into the sky and carry it to Heaven.

I don't want a man in a black robe, or some Goth girl. I want Belldandy.

I want Belldandy and Skuld to be by my side when I spend eternity in Heaven after I shuffle my mortal coil.

I know, "it's just an anime". But it doesn't have to be. After all, angels have limitless power, and thus they can become anything, as long as that thing is good and pure. Belldandy and Skuld are good and pure. So, I believe two angels can become Belldandy and Skuld.

What do you guys think of my wish?

Edited by agustinaldo

Nena Camadera

I think it'd be best to be very careful on how you word such things. Personal beliefs or religions are things that aren't generally discussed here because of how easy it is to start a debate do to how different people interpret it. Your beliefs are your own, and while I could say a great many things on this subject, I will say this: if it's what you want to believe, if its what makes you happy, then go for it. However please refrain from bringing up any sort of religious topics here in any of the forums. Canon mythos dealing with AMG! is fine, but where you're straying is a little too close to the rapids, good sir.

Keiichi Morisato

The way he phrased it, is not in violation of the rules. It's okay to mention it, as long as it doesn't touch on an actual discussion. I should really define that rule. Will try to get around to that this weekend. The anime and manga series does touch on the subject but not in an obvious way.

Sugoi

What do you guys think of my wish?

Apart from being an atheist, from my point view people are free to do or believe whatever they want as long as they don't bother anyone.

So as Nena Camadera said if you're happy with it, then go for it. ^_^

grayfox123

In the world of AMG, hardly anything is said about the afterlife..be it for/regarding gods, demons, and humans.

So far, 'Heaven' and 'Hell' in the AMG universe are just used as terms for the realms/homes of the 'Gods' and 'Demons' respectively...the same way 'Earth' is used as the term for the realm of humans.

And from what we have seen in-story, there is no evidence to suggest that either realm acts as the 'processing unit/final resting place' for human souls after they die.Nor does it seem that gods, goddesses, demons or demonesses either interact or process human souls once they die (or the events of the Judgement Gate would have been rendered unnecessary..plus Belldandy won't have had to worry about what happens if Keiichi died...when they could meet in the afterlife.)

On the other hand, at least the gods/Yggdrasil can apparently elevate humans or other lesser beings to their level (Tyr did offer to make Keiichi a god..and Keiichi said no) but that can be taken as a means of 'prolonging life'...not 'what happens after death'. I do suspect that some gods and goddesses are actually 'elevated humans/lesser beings'..(but that's mere speculation).

Then there is the fact that gods and demons can die...and they seem not to have any idea about what would happen if they died (or why bring in Dobulet...when you can be resurrected when you die as a divine?)

So...in conclusion...if I were in the AMG universe, and i died...I probably won't go to heaven , where a reception committee of beautiful goddesses looking like Belldandy await me.:cool:...or to hell...but probably either cease to exist...or go to wherever Fujishima-sensei's concept of the afterlife for all sorts of beings lies.(Probably become a kami...according to Shinto belief... )

Edited by grayfox123
corrected some errors.

winedrinkingcritic

I highly recommend the person that started this post seek out an Ah! My Goddess: Bad Goddess episode on YouTube titled "The Humor and the Heartbreak".

I openly poke fun at the difference between AMG Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld, and Norse Mythology Verdandi, Urdr, and Skolde.