SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Niflheim

37 posts in this topic

OOooooohhhh, i'm glad i have a private room for myself.

Cause i don't know how would explain the privates out there why the fuck i have this goofy smile on my face...that is not going away!

XD

That moment between Hild and Urd ***me melts away**

Really...i'm serious!

How do i get this stupid smile out of my face now?!

God, i'm glad i'm not part of US army (or Air Force...or whatever)

Is this REALLY the kind of questions they put in those exams...to NCO's with YEARS of experience??!?!??!

**taken from google**

Define Airmen

Explain the Oath of Enlistment

4 types of macro nutrients (!!!!)

Define profession of arms

I mean... what the flying fuck!??!?

And here i though MY class of leadership and such was stupid. Apart from a written test (not a picky as that one, tbh), we got to coose one important historical figure and explain exacly why we thought  that person was (or wasn't) a good leader, in extreme detail.

It was...interesting. I choose Alexander the Great ^^

I am guessing that some explanations for the change in Belldandy will come in Origins?

I re-read the whole thing after 2 hours of sleep. Interesting how things started to make sense after that =)

So..(not sure if the spoilers tags are even necessary, but here it goes)

The lion that smells of fire and death! of fire and death! Fire -> Mara...Death-> Anubis....ara ara...what a coincidence! I was just confused that you mention that lion made an appearance before Belldandy when she was a child, and that scared her to no end (and even killed someone it seems). But i understood, from this chapter, that the lion IS Belldandy!

Let's wait for further explanations about that.

EDIT: so i remembered that doodle you posted on the fanart section And the small passage that was posted with it. Very interesting! Is that passage for future chapters of Origins, or AB?

EDIT2: who is Paz? (actually means peace in Portuguese, but i'm pretty sure it has some other meaning here...)

Now that Anubis has seen the reasons behind Belldandy's visit, now that he's seen Kingu, i wonder what his reaction to her quest will be. He's an older god, like you said, with a deeper understanding of life in general. Wonder if he's going to accept that things must happen for a reason and let Mara go without a fight. Or even conspire with Belldandy to brake up with Mara! Now, wouldn't that make her life easier?

Anubis: Mara hon, i know you think you love me and want to spend the rest of your life with me. But Isis just came back from a long holiday, and i'm really looking foward to patch things up with her. So, if you could just, you know...disappear, i would be much appreciated!

Mara: woooot?

Belldandy:***thank you**thank you**

Anyway, onwards!

So, you pretty much confirmed Hild IS going to die!!

I don't know how, or when, but i'm sad already. Ive come to like your Hild more than candies. You portray her with such a beautiful pain, a desire to make amends again with Urd and still be the leader of a world so well that i don't want to see her go. I just love cunning, witty Hild too much to know that she won't be there anymore!

But question. How did Hild got herself into a corner again? I know the term cannot be usurped again (explained in the manga), but what prevents Hild from stepping down as Damakaicho from her own volition, exactly as she intended to do had Urd not go to Asgard, this time around? Is this second term shorter than the first? Can't she step down when Urd is ready? Why does she HAS to die when this term is over?

Also, i call bullshit on Urd's excuse to stay and learn. I think she's pretty much lying to herself at this point. I don't see her standing and enduring a groulsome training in a land she despises JUST to adquire knowledge and wisdom. Naahhh...that felt short and almost childlike. Deep down, i bet there are other reasons, even now, even if she's too afraid/proud to admit. Let's just hope she admits to them before it's too late.

Also, i forgot one thing. My timeline is a little bit scrambled by now. Isn't Belldandy with Mara and Anubis in the Underworld? What is she doing there in the room where Keiichi pissed himself?

Edited by Urd
add stuff

4 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

I am guessing that some explanations for the change in Belldandy will come in Origins?

Yes.  I've already started laying the foundation for that future arc, and, well...it may be where I decide that Origins needs a mature rating.  The entire thing...Things get bad.  Real bad.  It's something I've had planned for years now, but at the same time there's still a piece of me that wonders 'do I really want to do this?'

It's...traumatic, to say the lease, and Bell and Urd are still just kids when it happens, so...

Okay, on to Urd now...

Paz is a shortened name for that creature.  If you do enough research you should be able to find it, but I'm not giving the full name due to possible insight on the creature itself.

Also, don't worry about the timeline of events. Things will come full-circle once I actually complete Belldandy's part.  At this point, I may yet end up dividing this chapter into two, one dealing with Belldandy and Mara and the other with Urd and Hild.

That beast has nothing to do with Mara and Anubis.  It's not even from the same pantheon and is literally a coincidence I never realized until you brought it up.  And it was never said that Belldandy was that creature, only that she bore a likeness to it.  That resemblance is what scares her so bad, as the Norn connotates it with negative events that happened in her life.  Can't say what, for Origins spoilers, but like I said above...Shit gets bad.

Not saying anything about Anubis, other than the fact that Isis is Osiris's wife, and Osiris is (in this version) Anubis's uncle (his father is Seth). So...yeah, that ain't happening.  (Again though, joking aside, if you read a bit more into Anubis...not saying it will or won't go into Angel Biter, just saying...)

Onto Hild.  Okay, this is going to be a long one...

So.  When Hild first established Niflheim she planted specific rules that would need to be followed for any individual who found themselves as Daimakaicho.  One thing she wanted to ensure was that Niflheim did not become a Tyrannical State (Military-run? Sure. but no tyranny.) and so emlaced specific term limits to ensure nobody stayed in power for too long, placing the life of the ruler in danger as a way to ensure anyone power-hungry would have second thoughts.  First-term is designed to have the option for the current Daimakaicho to back down peacefully so long as they undergo the proper ritual that will grant the upcoming Daimakaicho the power and authority that comes with the title.  This never happened, and as such, the only way she could safely back down was if someone usurped the throne from her, thus restarting the clock and allowing Hild the opportunity at a second term.  Before...before Hild's time in Nidhogg's realm rescuing Urd, Hild had always thought it'd be Urd who would succeed her and never bothered looking at anyone else.

Then Urd went to Asgard because Nidhogg decided that Yggdrasil needed her, and since the two entities are co-dependent on one another, off Urd went to heaven.

But Hild always thought she'd return.  As such, she kept on putting off searching for another candidate for Daimakaicho, because damn it all, Niflheim was her realm, and despite everything else, she wanted to hand it down to Urd.  Selfish, yes, but also going into the fact that Hild just flat-out didn't trust the other demons with the title of Daimakaicho. 

So, now Hild is in her second term, and her life is once more in danger when it leads towards the end of her term.  Urd has finally returned, and now Hild is pressured to ensure that Urd is both willing and able to take over as Daimakaicho.  She's going into it with an 'all or nothing' mentality, despite the fact that Urd remains a Wildcard and could flip back to 'goddess' and abandon Niflheim after she's learned all she needs to adapt to her demon form. However, should Urd do the unthinkable and actually accept the role as Daimakaicho, there's still a chance (small chance...the ruling behind this one were always sketchy at best) that Hild might safely step down form Daimakaicho before her time is up.  Otherwise...down goes the ax, boom goes the dynamite, Long days and Pleasent Nights, we'll see you at the clearing at the end of the path, Hild. 

27 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

Okay, on to Urd now...

Paz is a shortened name for that creature.  If you do enough research you should be able to find it, but I'm not giving the full name due to possible insight on the creature itself.

Also, don't worry about the timeline of events. Things will come full-circle once I actually complete Belldandy's part.  At this point, I may yet end up dividing this chapter into two, one dealing with Belldandy and Mara and the other with Urd and Hild.

Hide contents

That beast has nothing to do with Mara and Anubis.  It's not even from the same pantheon and is literally a coincidence I never realized until you brought it up.  And it was never said that Belldandy was that creature, only that she bore a likeness to it.  That resemblance is what scares her so bad, as the Norn connotates it with negative events that happened in her life.  Can't say what, for Origins spoilers, but like I said above...Shit gets bad.

Not saying anything about Anubis, other than the fact that Isis is Osiris's wife, and Osiris is (in this version) Anubis's uncle (his father is Seth). So...yeah, that ain't happening.  (Again though, joking aside, if you read a bit more into Anubis...not saying it will or won't go into Angel Biter, just saying...)

Onto Hild.  Okay, this is going to be a long one...

So.  When Hild first established Niflheim she planted specific rules that would need to be followed for any individual who found themselves as Daimakaicho.  One thing she wanted to ensure was that Niflheim did not become a Tyrannical State (Military-run? Sure. but no tyranny.) and so emlaced specific term limits to ensure nobody stayed in power for too long, placing the life of the ruler in danger as a way to ensure anyone power-hungry would have second thoughts.  First-term is designed to have the option for the current Daimakaicho to back down peacefully so long as they undergo the proper ritual that will grant the upcoming Daimakaicho the power and authority that comes with the title.  This never happened, and as such, the only way she could safely back down was if someone usurped the throne from her, thus restarting the clock and allowing Hild the opportunity at a second term.  Before...before Hild's time in Nidhogg's realm rescuing Urd, Hild had always thought it'd be Urd who would succeed her and never bothered looking at anyone else.

Then Urd went to Asgard because Nidhogg decided that Yggdrasil needed her, and since the two entities are co-dependent on one another, off Urd went to heaven.

But Hild always thought she'd return.  As such, she kept on putting off searching for another candidate for Daimakaicho, because damn it all, Niflheim was her realm, and despite everything else, she wanted to hand it down to Urd.  Selfish, yes, but also going into the fact that Hild just flat-out didn't trust the other demons with the title of Daimakaicho. 

So, now Hild is in her second term, and her life is once more in danger when it leads towards the end of her term.  Urd has finally returned, and now Hild is pressured to ensure that Urd is both willing and able to take over as Daimakaicho.  She's going into it with an 'all or nothing' mentality, despite the fact that Urd remains a Wildcard and could flip back to 'goddess' and abandon Niflheim after she's learned all she needs to adapt to her demon form. However, should Urd do the unthinkable and actually accept the role as Daimakaicho, there's still a chance (small chance...the ruling behind this one were always sketchy at best) that Hild might safely step down form Daimakaicho before her time is up.  Otherwise...down goes the ax, boom goes the dynamite, Long days and Pleasent Nights, we'll see you at the clearing at the end of the path, Hild. 

Well, let's see:

I just Isis name for the heck of it...it was the first female goddess of the egyptian pantheon i could remember of ^^ Now, remembering my times of playing Pharaoh (god i loved that game) i can think of a few more, but meh...just wanted to make that silly omake.

About Hild.

Well, in the passages where you wrote about Belldandys' and Keiichis kids, Urd was already the Damakaicho. Which means that if Kasen (the oldest one of the duo) is what? Around 7 or so? then Hild kicked the bucket/stepped down before that years passed. Which can only be explained by:

- different time passing between the 2 dimensions. But even so, would be hard to explain that a full term in demons years = only 7 or so years of Earthen time. How many eons has Hild been Damakaicho already? I presume a lot longer than "7 earthen years"

- something happens and Hild DOES kick the bucket, but it's not the end of her term that does the trick.

- Urd finally opens her eyes to reality and (now decently trained) steps up as Damakaicho, not wanting to go through the risk of losing Hild. Would love that theory, but it doesn't seems like Hild is around by the time Urd becomes Damakaicho...sooooo.

Also. Paz = pazuzu? Ah..yes! Pazuzu!

from wiki:

Pazuzu is often depicted as a combination of diverse animal and human parts. He has the body of a man, the head of a lion or dog, talons of an eagle, two pairs of wings, a scorpion's tail, and a serpentine penis.

and also:

In Assyrian and Babylonian mythology, Pazuzu (sometimes Fazuzu or Pazuza) was the king of the demons of the wind, brother of Humbaba and son of the god Hanbi. He also represented the southwestern wind, the bearer of storms and drought.

You presented him to us in your doodle ^^

Pazuzu_model.png

Edited by Urd
add stuff

Again, can't say anything there because of possible spoilers.  You know some based off Growing Pains, but not all.

EDIT:  Well...shit.

Straight down to the Megami Tensei rendition I partially based the character design off of.

Edited by Nena Camadera
Picture above.

Oh, for crying out loud Nena.

Here i thought i was in time of wishing you good luck...and you already had the test!!!

I forgot your timezone is waaayyyy ahead of me!

Anyway:

CONGRATS!!

**throws confetis***

Time zone difference.  It's a bitch. I'm literally a day ahead of everyone else over here.  I've still got once more blasted test to get through (unfortunately) so I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm half-way there, and so you can expect the next chapter of Angel Biter this weekend as my way of celebrating.  Looks like I'll be going with my initial plan to break up the draft you read into two chapters, so I'll post the 'underworld' half Saturday or Sunday at latest, then post Urd and Hild's section as a reward for after I complete the second test (AND THEN I'LL BE FREE! FREE UNTIL I HIT MY TEN YEAR MARK AND HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!)

5 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

(AND THEN I'LL BE FREE! FREE UNTIL I HIT MY TEN YEAR MARK AND HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!)

You have got to be kiddin' me... o.O

No unfortunately...Course 15 is for those in their seven year mark, Course 14 is for Tech Sergeants and Senior NCOs with at least ten years.  They're both courses designed to replace the original 'school' classes (NCOA, SNCOA) where we normally gained some sort of professional academics.  Now its nothing but these pdfs and tests.  The courses are bad enough to make me actually pause and re-evaluate where my military career is going.

Anyways, enough painful sadness.  The upcoming chapter pretty much wrote itself, and so I have no idea how well it will go over.  It displays a lot of references back to Origins that haven't yet, and put's Belldandy in an emotionally compromising situation.  I'm still pretty unsure of it since Belldandy's OOC do to her conversation with Anubis, and you add into that the upcoming converation with Mara, and, well...still really unsure.  We'll see.