NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vanagandr

Microsoft inserts Windows 10 installer through Windows Update

8 posts in this topic

Okay, this had apparently happened a few days ago, and originally, I could hardly believe it. For those who had noticed the mysterious update KB 3035583, here's the actual description:

This update enables additional capabilities for Windows Update notifications when new updates are available to the user. It applies to a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1).

At a first glance, it's rather unlikely to suspect what this thing is supposed to do, but in reality, it's a program to install Windows 10 to your system (either on your Windows 7 or 8). It seems that Microsoft is desperate enough that they're trying to find ways to nag you to upgrade in order to expand the market share of their newest OS after years of struggling to make Windows 8 popular. Still, I'm far from happy that they decided to pull something so dirty, given that the above description is so generic and doesn't actually explain what the update is supposed to do. Thankfully, there's a way to get rid of it, just like any other unwanted update. For more information, take a look at the links bellow:

http://www.myce.com/news/windows-update-silently-installs-windows-10-downloader-75647/

Also, here's a guide on how to remove it: http://www.myce.com/news/how-to-uninstall-kb3035583-the-windows-10-downloader-for-windows-7-and-8-1-75681/

i like windows 7 its better then 8 or 10

i actually like this to be honest with you. most windows 8 users will be happy to see windows 8 in the trash i think. (for the record i dont mind windows 8 interface.) as long as you can still make a choice to have windows 10 thats fine with me.

i actually like this to be honest with you. most windows 8 users will be happy to see windows 8 in the trash i think. (for the record i dont mind windows 8 interface.) as long as you can still make a choice to have windows 10 thats fine with me.

i like 7 because its like xp and it was a good OS back in the days

Personally speaking, I do like that there's a free option for those who want to upgrade their Windows. My only objection is the way they went around it, giving the users a rather generic and not explanatory description of what the update was meant to do, and then moving it from the optional category to the critical (which installed it by default on many systems). In my opinion, this isn't a patch for either Windows 7 or 8, so, it shouldn't be described as a 'critical' patch. It should've remained in the optional category, and on top of that, users should've known what it was meant for (downloading Windows 10 on their systems).

im guessing they didnt want to spoil what it does until windows 10 is ready by giving a vague description but i agree marking it critical wasnt as smart as it could have been.

On 13.4.2015 at 10:09 PM, vanagandr said:

At a first glance, it's rather unlikely to suspect what this thing is supposed to do, but in reality, it's a program to install Windows 10 to your system (either on your Windows 7 or 8). It seems that Microsoft is desperate enough that they're trying to find ways to nag you to upgrade in order to expand the market share of their newest OS after years of struggling to make Windows 8 popular. Still, I'm far from happy that they decided to pull something so dirty, given that the above description is so generic and doesn't actually explain what the update is supposed to do. Thankfully, there's a way to get rid of it, just like any other unwanted update.

I'm glad that I generally don't use the automatic update feature in Windows. Caused me some problems in the past because of crappy updates...

I prefer tested update packs. Spares you the trouble of having to download the whole shebang all over again whenever reinstalling Windows. Plus no annoying reminders.

Btw, Win10 still seems to be crappy. Hear lots of people complaining about it being quite unreliable. Plus you'll have trouble running games/applications requiring Applocale (as it doesn't run on Win10 even though it's by MS...)

I'm going to stick with Win7 at least until the end of the support period (2020).

On 7/1/2016 at 11:45 PM, Sugoi said:

I'm glad that I generally don't use the automatic update feature in Windows. Caused me some problems in the past because of crappy updates...

I prefer tested update packs. Spares you the trouble of having to download the whole shebang all over again whenever reinstalling Windows. Plus no annoying reminders.

Btw, Win10 still seems to be crappy. Hear lots of people complaining about it being quite unreliable. Plus you'll have trouble running games/applications requiring Applocale (as it doesn't run on Win10 even though it's by MS...)

I'm going to stick with Win7 at least until the end of the support period (2020).

most likely people will make support packs on windows 7 like they did in xp