Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Sign in to follow this  
Keiichi Morisato

Ah! My Goddess Omnibus Discussion

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

Keiichi Morisato

This topic is for the discussion of the new oversized omnibus series that's forthcoming from Dark Horse Comics. The first two volumes for this new series are already set for release. Feel free to discuss these new oversized editions here (images forthcoming). So, what do you think? Who likes the redesign of the first two volumes, along with the "Omnibus" logo plastered on the front cover. :)

post-1-0-68148000-1435444644_thumb.jpg post-1-0-29295500-1435444651_thumb.jpg

Keiichi Morisato

So, has anyone picked up on these editions yet?

alexman0527

I picked up all those three omnibuses, in Chinese (Taiwan) version :joyful: .

However, if Dark Horse Comics publish them as e-Book, I may buy them.

Ether101 Prime

I think I might need to pick them up. I'm so upset with my self not being able to move on.

Keiichi Morisato

Tell me about it, I'll be posting information on the third volume here in a short while. Each Omnibus edition includes three volumes of the unflipped manga series.

Firefly One

I have both the first two - I don't know why since I own all 48 single volumes, and am quickly running out of book space.

...then again, the pages are bigger...

Keiichi Morisato

It's funny, because there will be 16 volumes of these omnibus editions to cover all 48 volumes of the manga series. It's just sad that Mr. Fujishima decided to end the series. There's some part of me that wishes the manga series had never ended. I would have been satisfied if maybe the publishing schedule was pushed back to nine chapters per year or perhaps a bimonthly status.

Ether101 Prime

I just wish it had a better conclusion.

Keiichi Morisato

Has anyone been purchasing these Omnibus editions of the manga series? I've been curious who has been purchasing them.

winedrinkingcritic

I purchased the first available five omnibuses for my daughter a few months ago. We'll being getting the sixth one when it's released in October. I don't know if my daughter has sat down and read them yet.

Keiichi Morisato

Well, if things work out for me this coming November, I'll be picking up the manga series in its entirety. I haven't decided if I'll grab the Omnibus editions or just grab the previous 48 volume manga series. To be honest, I actually enjoyed the individual volumes of the manga.

Imaginos1892

Just got Volume 6. Contains manga volumes 16 and 17, Chapters 90 - 104. Like Volumes 1-5 it's 540 pages, heavy paper, with a total of 10 full-color illustrations. Nice.

Sigel and Velsper-the-cat now live at the temple. Skuld has rebuilt the animatronic doll, but hasn't named her Sigel yet.

Got Ai Yori Aoshi Omnibus Volume #1 at the same time — it was on sale.

Edited by Imaginos1892