Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Tasuke

Anime Doll Harem...

Tasuke    35
Tasuke

Harem%20Johns%2010-25-15_zpsfbiqztny.jpg

these are my 1/6 girls i've managed to gradually collect over the years since my first around 2008 or so.

it all started around 2001/2002 with a trio of decidedly ugly U.S. market "Tenchi Muyo!" dolls

by the infamous third-rate western-market Anime goods purveyor TOYNAMI,

and then by the mid/late 2000's i -FINALLY- had my own home internet, and the means

to conduct online transactions, so i could begin pursuing genuine Japanese market character dolls.

it's been slow going, and there are several out there that i'd love dearly to have, but are just too rare and expensive for my blood,

but i'm grateful all the same, as i now have a little harem that would have been absolutely beyond my reach fifteen years ago...

Yehl    1
Yehl

I love them! I'm a doll fanatic but usually like to make my own since, like you said, the anime/manga inspired, factory-made ones are very expensive. The closest thing I have to one is a Haruhara doll from FLCL, made by Takara. ...I've never even really watched FLCL. I just bought the doll because it was on clearance!

Next you need to get Urd. :)

Tasuke    35
Tasuke

yeah, i suppose i should, but the major hurdle there is that while OBITSU makes a variety of aftermarket doll bodies in 1/6 with three sizes of bust options

and two tones of skin options, there is no dark skin tones to choose from, and as such, no OBITSU body out there that would even remotely comfortably mate up

with the skin tone of TAKARA/HOBBY BASE Urd's head.

even if i really wanted to add her to my family, -which i don't really think i'd care all too terribly much to-

that fact above would effectively bar her from my consideration. the stock TAKARA doll body these dolls are based around, IMO,

is simply AWFUL, and it is thanks in whole part to the wonder of the indispensable 27cm. OBITSU BODY

that these older character dolls can hold up at all in the 21st century.

sorry to seem redundant, but it just cannot be stressed enough how vital a part the OBITSU takes

in turning an overall iffy 1990's character doll product, -with a perfectly decent facial sculpt, mind you-

into an adequate to outstanding 1/6 action figure-like character doll

that provides all the benefits of an action figure's wide range of poseability and a fashion doll's dress up options...

Ah%20My%20Goddess%20Urd%20Action%20Figur

there's also VOLKS own "Dollfie" treatment of her, but that one would work out even less well for me,

as she looks far less attractive to my eye, and in any case is even more rare and expensive than the TAKARA version...

Edited by Tasuke

Yehl    1
Yehl

I've had a Volks Dollfie body before and hated it. So loose!

Certainly one of my biggest beefs with the Japanese doll body market is the total lack of darker skin tones. I know Obitsu had a "coconut" skin tone for a while and I think it was limited edition or something, but it only came in one size with one kind of head. I would love to make dolls based on my favorite anime/manga characters but some require darker skin tones!!!

Tasuke    35
Tasuke

yeah, and the arms certainly lack the elbow flexibility to allow my Skuld to bring her hands to her chest, barring her from attaining one of my favorite feminine poses.

even so, i rather like the chunky, girlish proportions of her VOLKS EB Mini body; it seems much more well suited to her than the lankiness of the 21cm. OBITSU;

21BD-F01N_zpsh0buka4z.jpg

Skuld%20VOLKS%201-6%201999%20john%2011-2

Skulds%20Undieshearts%2011-26-15%202_zps

Skuld%20and%20MEGA%20DRIVE%2011-30-15_zp

there is also the AZONE "Pure Neemo FLECTION" body, a look much more suited to her,

but suffering a very limited joint system designed more towards preserving aesthetics

than allowing a a properly full range of posability.

even then, if i'm ever to move her to an alternative body, i think the Pure Neemo would have to be it;

Pure%20Neemo%20Flection%20M%20Body%201_z

Pure%20Neemo%20Flection%20M%20Body%203_z

Pure%20Neemo%20Flection%20M%20Body%208_z

Pure%20Neemo%20Flection%20M%20Body%209_z

Pure%20Neemo%20action%20hand%20parts%20B

Edited by Tasuke

Tasuke    35
Tasuke

UPDATES;

Keiichi Morisato    418
Keiichi Morisato

That still is a very impressive collection of anime dolls. I see Belldandy and Skuld. Have you gotten Urd yet?

Tasuke    35
Tasuke

thought about it, but OBITSU doesn't offer a golden-skinned body, and i have yet to find an acceptable darker-skinned OBITSU alternative,

so it seems it'll have to remain Bell-chan and little sis for the indeterminate time being.

in any case, i've since made an addition and some changes;

Haremhearts%2011-30-16_zpsaumamiyw.jpg

Yuki%20Nagatohearts%2012-17-16_zpsa7ppyx

Megurine%20LukaheartsLynn%20Minmay%2012-

Belldandyhearts%209-3-16%20%201_zpsze8no

Edited by Tasuke