Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Urd

Unnamed fic - WTB a decent title

Urd    47
Urd

Well, i kinda lost track of my fic ideas, and i promised i was going to start my own topic, so i'll try to copy/paste what was posted on the other topic and get things going again...

Anyway, i need some help on my future new-plot

I need to find a reason for Urd to marry someone. And i think that she would only marry someone (at least for now) if forced to make that decision to help/save one of her sisters.

So, with the manga ending in mind, Keiichi and Belldandy are now married. Ok, that's a fact.

In the fic, unlike Hell, where the position will be hereditary, the heir to Heaven's throne will be given to the eldest married offspring of the Almight. (possible reason for this: Heaven thinks only married ppl are elegible...)

Well, since Bell married, it comes to her to rise up the the job. She will have 2 years (in Earth time) until she has to start her training.

Now i'm trying to find a reason to make Urd marry someone (have yet to decide who), just to take the responsability out of Belldandy's shoulder.

options options...:

a) if Belldandy is oficially apointed as Tyr's heir, she shall begin to be introduced to Heaven's politics, meaning she will be away in Heaven...away from Keiichi, who will have to stay on Earth. Meaning they would be separated, and thus, have a "fictional" marriage. I.e : Keiichi will live and die as a human, and Belldandy will miss the whole experince to live that mortal life with him because she's been recalled. Urd decides to marry just so Belldandy can have a shot at living side by side with Keiichi during his mortal life.

(Keiichi would become a 3rd class god after his "mortal" death, but the only chance for them to experience the joys of a mortal "normal" life would be forever lost)

b) Belldandy is apointed as Tyr's heir, and still has to go to Heaven, but the experience is not as demanding as in option a). (she will not have to be 100% of the time in Heaven...but she will be required there very often). However, fate is a bi****, and Keichi is diagnosed with cancer (or some random disease) , so Urd marries so that Belldandy has time to look after her dying (?) husband.

(he still becomes a 3rd class god after "mortal" death, but Belldandy cannot see him suffering. Plus, their experience of having a "mortal" life would be greatly reduced)

c) Bell is appointed as heir, but that means Keiichi will be forced to become a god to be at Belldandy's side. He would have to forsake his life as a human, abandon his family and all life as he knows it, be re-assigned as a 3rd class god and begin proper training. Bell would be miserable, since she would be at some random part being introduced to politcs, and Keiichi would be at other random part, being humiliated by jealous god's while training. Urd decides to marry and bring the responsability to her so Keiichi doesn't have to throw away his mortal life and start a new one as a god on the wrong foot.

(if she does it, Bell and K1 can live their "mortal" moments peacefully, and Keiichi won't be bullied by the other god's in Heaven, as he won't be in such a prominient position. Plus he will have Belldandy at this side)

d) open to sugestions =)

EDITED: for clarification

Urd    47
Urd

POSTED BY VANAGANDR

Out of all options, I think that the first one is the most plausible. While option 3 is also not bad at all, it might be too early in Belldandy and Keiichi's marriage to force them to choose whether he wants to become a god or not (assuming that the story starts relatively close to the events of the manga's ending).

There are a few other reasons, too:

1) It's unknown if Belldandy and Keiichi (as a mortal at least) can have children. To alleviate the pressure of her sister's shoulders, Urd decides to marry someone in order to become the first one to provide a heir, instead of forcing that on Belldandy and Keiichi.

2) If the position in Hell is hereditary, Urd might want to avoid the whole situation. There are two ways to see this: a) She wishes to marry a celestial to make herself less desirable as a heiress. or b) She wishes to marry a demon and let them take her position (since they're married to her).

3) After Urd experienced the whole situation with the end of her mother's term, she might want to have heirs for her for the next time (even if she hates to admit that).

4) In the event that, Belldandy and Keiichi cannot have kids (unless he becomes a god or something), Urd might decide to provide them a few nephews or nieces. That way, Keiichi won't feel that much pressure to accept the deal if he doesn't want to.

Edited by Urd

Urd    47
Urd

Hmm..not bad! Not bad at all =)

Let's see:

1 - I don't see human Keiichi being able to inpregnant immortal Belldandy..Nop..Think only 10 dimensional beings can pull it out. Also, i'm not really sure Belldandy would be "pressured" into having a child. I think she would be thrilled to be a mother! (Keiichi would be scared out of his mind thou)

2 - Very good point. Urd does not want to loose her Mother, so she marries a celestial so she "forces" Hild to stay on the Onyx throne... and alive =). This option will be one of the finalists prolly The b) part (letting whoever she marries take her position doesn't feel like Urd)

3 - Didn't quite get that. She wants to have heirs for when she dies, there is someone capable of assuming the throne?

4 - Hmm..don't think Urd would have children just to "distract" them

BTW: on my original option a) and b), perhaps i should point that after dying as a human, Keiichi will be reincarnated as a lowly god (3rd class). But in option a) the oportunity to live a human life with him would be lost forever, and on option b) Keiichi would live the remaining days of his mortal life miserable and alone.

EDIT: edited my original post so it's more "understandable"

Urd    47
Urd

POSTED BY VANAGANDR

Let's see:

1) Actually, the pressure is for Keiichi to become a god way sooner (and therefore give up his mortal life). I do agree that as a human he won't be able to have children with Belldandy, and due to their marriage some might be getting anxious for Belldandy to produce some heirs. Urd gets involved in order to leave them alone and provide the heir herself.

2) Yes, I agree that option a) sounds much better than b) I just left that other there for the sake of covering that possibility ;)

3) Not really. Urd simply wants some heirs to be around to pull the same move Hagall did in order for her mother to do the same thing that happened in the manga (and get yet another term in her office as a result).

4) Given that you intend to have Keiichi end up as a god, even if he dies as a human, then I guess this isn't necessary at all.

Now, in the original options a) and b) a key element is the tone of the story. If you want a more lighthearted story, then a) is better. If you want a more drama-based plot, then b) is the better option.

Urd    47
Urd

Thank you Vanagandr =)

There are also other things weighting on my mind.

To continue living on Earth, i think the goddess would have to find a way to blend in, so they could avoid being so easily "detected".

- Keiichi and Belldandy still have to get married by Earth standarts, and a marriage can be a very expensive occasion (yes, money wise) = they need to get themselves a JOB =)

- Keiichi will finally graduate school (dammit, he's been a student for over 20years =)

- what job Keiichi would be best suited for? (not counting working as a mechanic of Whirlwind...that's too "amateurish" for a NIT engineer)

- what job would Belldandy have (would prolly be something related to engeneering as well, since she attended NIT with Keiichi)

- would they open a small company off their own? Would they try to find a spot in an existing company?

- and Urd? Work as a fuel engineer on Keiichi's new company?(that involves chemistry, right?) Or find work on a lab somewhere?

- would Skull apply for an engineer position somewhere as a child prodigy or would she be enrolled into school with Sentaro?

- any thoughts are appreciated =)

Urd    47
Urd

POSTED BY VANAGANDR

You're welcome, I always enjoy helping others when it comes to story elements. :)

Actually, Keiichi has already graduated. He only had one single class left and that was a long time ago. After all, he had Sora take over as the head of the Motor Club, mainly because he's no longer a student. That was never made too much of a big deal, though. Technically speaking, he already has a job at Whirlwind and the same goes for Belldandy, too. Four hundred yen an hour, if I'm not mistaken (that's a really low wage :laugh2: ).

From that they could either help Whirlwind to become a bigger shop or... at some point, Keiichi might want to do something of his own. He could open his shop or even try to become a parts designer. Maybe design entire bikes as well.

Urd isn't the type who wants too many restrictions, so maybe she could try to work from distance or perhaps open a pharmacy of sorts (selling herbal based products she makes by herself). Also, while she's not busy in her shop, she can watch TV ;)

Skuld could be ideal for fixing/restoring things if she wishes to make some money. Most of her stuff is made from second handed items or even random things she gets from scrapyards. If she can make anything from that, she's going to have no problem fixing stuff that others would've thrown away.

Urd    47
Urd

Well, my point exactly. What Keiichi and Belldandy earn while working at Whirlwind is just not enough to mantain a temple running with 4 people living in it.

Plus the expenses with the incoming marriage.

So they need to find something else, where they can earn more money.

I could also make Tyr give Keiichi an anticipated marriage gift (a large sum of earth money) so Keiichi would have enough to start his own company.

hmmmm

Commercially, i don't think Skuld would make that much money from repairing things. She could try, but in the end i think she would realize that people are not looking for things that actually work. They are interested in things that look good, even if they sacrifice funtionality. Yup, human stupidity at its best.

Hmm..Maybe after she learns that humans are in fact that vain, someone can propose to her enrolling into school. While being bothered by most classes that involve math and physics, she would prabably love (even thou she would never admit) to be able to play and hang around other kids. Plus, she would be amazed that human teachers can actually teach her something.

Urd    47
Urd

POSTED BY VANAGANDR

Given that goddesses don't need to eat, the expenses aren't really that high (of course, Ur's sake and Skuld's ice cream bill aren't negligible).

The marriage itself might be the gift (all the expenses, honeymoon tickets etc) instead of cash. Plus, you can have Ansuz and... Hild making the plans (with all the predictable results).

Of course, they could always need a new job to keep up with their lives.

Commercially, Skuld could also make a few robots (not too advanced, but much better than anything else humans can make within that price range).

Urd    47
Urd

How old do you think the characters are at the end of the manga?

Here's my guess:

Urd: 26

Belldandy:24

Keiichi:24

Skuld: 12 (or 13, can't decide)

Peorth: 26

Lind:25

Mara: 26

Urd    47
Urd

POSTED BY VANAGANDR

I think that those estimates are really close to the physical appearance of the characters. Still, the actual age of the goddesses is something debatable and never really confirmed in the series. The closest bit of information we ever got was in the second OAD where Belldandy is rumored to have taken out the King of ghe Low Tides a thousand years ago (meaning that she's at least a millennium old). However, it's rather unlikely that the OADs are canon and that means that we have little other information available. The only other instance was a birth date mentioned in the early manga, but, that was written by Tamiya and Otaki when the hacked NIT's computers (with some help) to add her as a student.

So, it's up to anyone's guess to determine how old they are. However, if we take physical appearance in account, it feels about right.

Edited by Urd

Urd    47
Urd

POSTED BY IDIDAMEANDADA

Well, remember in the Anime that Belldandy commented about the color of the T-Rex when she went to the museum with K1. That could be interpreted that she it at least 65 million years old. ;)

Urd    47
Urd

For my fic, i'm thinking of creating Houses for the goddess (pretty much like Game of Thrones, where you have House Lannister, House Stark, House Baratheon, and so on and on), weapons for their coats of arms and mottos:

So, per example, i was thinking:

Tyr: House of Thunder

Ansazu: House of Wind

Hild: House of Fire

Peorth: House of Roses

Belldandy: House of Thunder and Wind

Skuld: House of Thunder and Wind

Urd: House of Thunder and Fire

Lind: House of ???

Weapons would be something like:

Tyr: Spear

Ansazu: Polearm

Hild: arakh

Peorth: Whip

Belldandy: Staff

Skul: Warhammer

Urd: Scimitar/Falchion (or Katana...if Katana it would be like Masamune, the sword Sephiroth weilds =)

Lind: Axe

Mottos

I have no idea whatsover yet ^^

House of Fire motto could be something like: By Fire Be Purged (Ragnaros reference ftw ;) helllooo WoW fans

Let me know what you think =)