NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Urd

Unnamed fic - WTB a decent title

57 posts in this topic

The poor dog... they always get blamed for that :roflmao: At least it wasn't rainbows...

So...my muses visits me and i'm all eager to write something...

But then this stupid laptop i'm using doesn't have Word installed...and i refuse to write on notepad..

#wastedoportunities

Go and download libreoffice.  It's a free office suite that works similiar to microsoft, but without the hassle of coughing up a chunk of dough and making an account.  It's a good alternate to Microsoft and one I ended up using before I had managed to get a copy of microsoft for myself.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

When I end up getting a new computer, I'll probably go back to this, in all honesty, as I don't like the idea of creating an account for something as simple as a word document program.

Edited by Nena Camadera
Better link

There's also this http://www.openoffice.org/

Edited by Ether101 Prime

I use King Soft wps. It's free. Works on PC and android. I can write a little on my smart phone and then sync the document to my desktop for working on it later.

http://www.kingsoftstore.com/

or find it in the google play store.

Still trying to find a decent excuse for Urd to come up with to convince Peorth to enter a fake marriage with her...

What reason would be serious enough to prompt someone to do it?

Not the power of friendship and bunnies and whatnot...i wouldn't marry a friend, even if i knew it was a fake wedding, just for the sake of our friendship!

I've thought about Peorth house (having been previously banned from Heaven high society) being re-admitted back. It could mean a lot for Peorth father or mother to get back into high society, since they felt they were unjusticed, so Peorth agrees to bring her family back into an honourable spot. The problem is that whole argument falls into pieces when one thinks the marriage is supposed to last for 1 year only -_-

How about the fact that it's the best way to help Belldandy and Keiichi? After all, it's a noble goal and the best thing for a first class goddess like Peorth to try and help them, given that it would've otherwise put them in a pretty tight spot.

Considering that she tried to help them (and possibly had a thing for Keiichi too), it's fair to ask her for help.

If Peorth had to gain something out of it, then... I don't know, it feels a lot less... noble of her? (Not that it's condemnable or anything). I just feel that if she agrees for their sake (even reluctantly), it would've been better. After all, Urd and her sisters did help her when Welsper put that curse on her. And let's not mention that Urd owes her mother because of all that.

Actually... that could also work as an excuse ;)

Peorth doesn't strike me as a "proper" 1st class goddess... (just look at her clothes ..hehehe..j/k)

True, she does has a 1st class license, but she doesn't appear to me a pure individual, like Belldandy does. No, there's malice in that one!

Hence why i thought she would only do it if she could gain something out of it. 

True, Urd does own Hild for calling her to fix Peorth...

But how could that serve as an excuse?

It's Urd whose Hild is going to go after to collect that debt...not Peorth. And i honestly don't think Peorth would repay the favor she did by aggreing on that fake marriage..

"Hey, i called my mother to help you. Time to pay the favor back!" hmm

hmmm

more hhmmmm

EDIT: need some reason strong enough to make Peorth stick to the deal, even with the agonizing urge to throw Urd out of the window on the first opportunity. 

Edited by Urd

Then how about proving that she is a caring goddess. I mean... if she does that for Keiichi and Belldandy, then she could earn some reputation for that, and prove that she's in a way better than those "pure" goddesses who did nothing at all to help someone in need.

Other than that, there's also the possibility that with Urd being named as Tyr's successor (if that's what you go after in the first place), Peorth will definitely get a huge opportunity to get some benefits from being her spouse. Even temporary, that would provide her a chance to score a position that one such as her would've never gotten (not while she walks around in that bikini  j/k XD ). She could essentially get the potential of succeeding Ansuz or at the very least get closer to her status.

Hmm...Urd knows Peorth is not a "caring goddess". And Peorth knows Urd knows ^^ There's no convincing any1 there! As for the other goddess/gods, well, they wouldn't be inside the situation, so they couldn't offer to help ...

While Peorth is bitchy, i don't think she has the vanity, or is greedy enough to want a higher position in Heaven society...i mean...at least i don't think she's THAT bitchy ^^;

I suppose that aside from greed (or at the very least ambition), the whole aspect of wanting to make something out of this is not going to work.

Now, there is another possibility for her agreeing to a fake marriage and it's actually something that happens even in the real world. There are some situations where one has to be married to pass some requirements (like inheritance for example) and there might a possibility for Peorth to be facing a similar problem too. Perhaps something that has to do with being a member of a House that requires her to have a spouse (even temporarily) before she becomes the head of it?

Blackmail.

Urd discovers/knows some dirt on Peorth or her family that Peorth can't afford to have released to the public.  What is it?  Find something.  And be imaginative.  Start thinking Game of Thrones-style bkackmail and then have Urd hold it over Peorth's head.  Urd is half-demon, after all, and something like that isn't going to bother her too badly, regardless of her relationship with Peorth.  And Peorth herself isn't exactly a saint either, as Vanagandr mentioned.  It's entirely possible that she and/or her family could have pulled something serious off in the past, and it could literally be anything. Murder, adultery, mass genocide...be creative, and don't be afraid to use something dark, especially if you plan to go the route of blackmail.  If Urd's desperate enough to go to Peorth for help, then she won't go without something that will guarantee Peorth's cooperation.  Likewise, it's got to be something that Peorth will be forced to stick to for the time of the deal (or is it a contract??) while still attempting to find a way out of it.  You could make it another obstacle for these two to fight about, and eventually perhaps even overcome depending on how their relationship evolves.