Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Urd

Unnamed fic - WTB a decent title

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

If blackmail is the reason, then for Peorth adultery is a more likely accusation. If you remember those comments she made about Keiichi being monogamous, one could think that she's not concerned with the potential of doing something that others might consider as a crime (from their perspective). And with Urd digging into her files (she's done that in the past when she found out about the incident with Belldandy), it's possible that she found some spicy information about her sleeping with married gods and goddesses. Even if Peorth thinks nothing of it, that doesn't mean that it's not a crime and while she's not married herself, getting involved in a case like that could certainly ruin her reputation.

Nena Camadera    53
Nena Camadera

True,  but given the track record of some gods (inanna/Ishtar, Venus, Zeus, Loki) it seems unlikely. Not unless it's something so taboo that even someone like Pan would shy away from. Besides,  who said it had to be blackmail limited to Peorth? It could be something her family is hiding,  something she may not even be aware of until urd brings it to her attention. A possible treason,  a sibling who's a spy, a previously unknown cousin who had gained infamy from a past crime. A relative banished from the heavens and who has since sided with the demons. Again,  anything. Peorth herself could even be guilty of such a thing,  but has gone through excruciating lengths to hide it from her peers,  which might be why she'd be willing to go along with what urd says. Peorth is a character that,  realistically, we don't know much about. She has a small history with belldandy, but that's all we really know about her background,  which leaves it open to creative interpretation. 

Urd    46
Urd

ZOMG...Nena's baaackkk **jumps up and down like an overstimulated squirrel**

So...blackmail huh?

If Urd did that i wouldn't be able to stop comparing her to Cersei for some reason...And I HATE Cersei. I want that brother-fucking bitch to go to hell and die.

No wait...

...let her be raped by a pack of wolves before...THEN they can kill her... by chopping off her legs and arms first. You know..that kind of stuff :grin:

It would either be Cersei or Varys... ^^

Pick your poison!

Ok, analysis time.

If Urd was pushed to the point of having no other option to help Belldandy, then yea, i can see her getting her hands dirty and threatning Peorth with something. While i don't like the concept of blackmail as it is, Nena's right about one thing: Urd's partially a demon. She wouldn't feel that bad about it. It's just a mean to get to an end. Now, as to what to use as blackmail? Hmm..

Gods and demons don't strike me as monogamy fanatics. Specially after Tyr married a second time. (i know it's not the same thing..but you get the point). While polygamy might not be a thing they approve openly, i don't see it as a "crime" so serious in their society, to the extend of being used as a pretext.

Now, options options...

Urd could indeed stumble on a file that had some bad shit about Peorth family. I'm more confortable with the idea of it being someone related to her, not Peorth herself. Cousin, sister, aunt, grandfather...whatever works best at the time ^^

Now as the "message" of the blackmail itself? Hmm...

Urd's a system admin. So is Peorth. Let's say Peorth can't get rid of it alone (file protected/hard to decode/i dunno..insert some tech stuff here) Since Yggdrasil is contantly being upgraded and debugged and there was a high chance someone might stumble on it the way Urd did, she could agree to help Peorth hide the files from the other workers until they could find a way to delete it, hence erasing all proof that (insert serious offense here) happened in the first place.

If Peorth jumped out of their arrangment, Urd would stop covering for her on her shifts, and things would go downhill...

What ya guys think? Would this work?

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

You know, despite the whole blackmail there might be something else Peorth would gain from marrying to Urd. Regardless of the nature of Peorth's offense, if it is something that could be transferred to her spouse, then marrying Urd makes sense from two perspectives.

First, since Urd is half a  demon then it might not be an offense for someone like her.

But the biggest benefit would be that Urd's files might be encrypted by both Heavens and Hell, making it far more difficult for anyone to read them. If she manages to transfer some of Peorth's information over to her file  (under the guise of the normal things that happen during a marriage), it would mean that others won't find out about it. Still, that doesn't mean that Peorth is safe, but Urd might promise a more permanent solution by corrupting that data if she stays married with her for a whole year. That would force her to tolerate the whole situation instead of dissolving the marriage almost immediately.

Nena Camadera    53
Nena Camadera

Yep, I'm back.  Had a long training time up in the Cascade Mountains where the snow was four feet deep and I'd never worn snowshoes before.  ended up learning how to survive in horrible weather conditions at the cost of my knees and my nose (I went turtle with a sixty pound ruck down hill more than I care to remember) and then had a nice long recovery period with my Pa in Oregon.  Finally back to a set schedule back home now and can focus a bit more on stories.

And reign in a bit of your hatred there, Cowgirl.  Save that kind of talk for the characters as they plot on evil deeds for the main antagonist.  Or maybe just have something like that emerge from one of the goddesses as they vent to someone.  Could you imagine something like that coming out of Belldandy's mouth?  I bet even Hild would be floored by that.

As for the blackmail...don't be afraid to get creative with it.  Who knows?  Maybe Peorth has a cousin (or two) who are a pair of 'brother lovers'.  Maybe she's got some hick relatives who like to flirt with sheep.  Maybe she's a distant relative of Pan and desperately wants to make sure that no one, absolutely no one, is aware of that fact.  Or maybe she's got a banished twin brother who was the cause of a mass genocide of some quaint little town inhabited by tree spirits and has since joined up with a murderous band of demons dead set on causing as much chaos and destruction as able before they get struck down by Valkyries like the dogs they are. 

Just saying.  Be creative.

For Peorth's position as a system admin, don't forget that wasn't her original job (I forgot how she came to be a system admin for yggdrassil) and there could be a chance that she has the opportunity to return to that old life if she feels threatened enough at the loss of her current position.  Vanagandr's idea of Peorth possibly staying on board to try and keep that information encrypted and scrambled in Yggdrasil might be able to come into play here though, where she see's a possible opportunity to work her way around Urd's blackmail and come up with a viable solution, only for the entire process to take close to a year to actually implement.  

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but what I want to know is this: if the knowledge is dangerous enough, what lengths is Peorth willing to go through against Urd to accomplish her own means of escaping what is essentially an unofficial contract?  A desperate woman can be a dangerous creature, after all.

Urd    46
Urd

hehehe

Ignore the first part of that post...hehehe

I just get bat-crazy when talking about GoT ^^

But better reign my words on a forum like this...

;)

I love how US soldiers have such different scenarios to train in. Here only Rangers have a shot at going to snowy places for exercises... Good ol' me? Just jungle, jungle, buidings, jungle..bahhhh

What's ur rank btw, Nena? (if i may ask)

Back to AMG..

I like Vanagandr idea, definetely! Merging some bits and pieces of Peorth's related files into her own, under the pretext of the marriage and all, might actually work! Also, makes sense that Urd's files would be encrypted by both Yggdrasil and Nidhog. Can also look up into the idea of a "crime" that is grave offense for a god, but wouldn't hurt a demon's reputation.

Nice one Vanagandr ;)

Nena, about ur post, i didn't quite get this part:

there could be a chance that she has the opportunity to return to that old life if she feels threatened enough at the loss of her current position.

I don't remember how Peorth ended up as sys admin either :/ She was working for an agency like Belldandy's one before, right? What do you mean, she doesn't want to return to wish granting? Or she does? Kinda confused me there...

Relatives who like to flirt with sheep had me laughing so hard! LOOOOOOLLLL But yes, lot's of space to be creative there =)

Also, about ur last comment, could you clarify it for me?

if the knowledge is dangerous enough, what lengths is Peorth willing to go through against Urd to accomplish her own means of escaping what is essentially an unofficial contract? 

What exactly do you mean? Is the "crime" dangerous enough so that Peorth might just kick the bucket and call it before the 1 year ends?

Nena Camadera    53
Nena Camadera

I'm an E-5, which is a staff sergeant in my military branch.  The training I was going through was a little...nontraditional for someone in my job position (all I do is work on computers--very rare to be out in the wilderness) and it was a bit of an eye opener.  I've been in a desert for the past 8 years or so, and never really grew up in areas that had a whole lot of snow.  And it was close to dangerous too; hypothermia and frost bite were real concerns, and if the cold didn't hurt you, then the moose up there certainly would.  I have never been so  afraid of animal prints in my life up until that point, where you realize that the monsters walk on stilts, 4ft (1.2 meters) deep snow won't phase them, and if they think you're invading their territory, the most you can do is pray there's a tree between you and them, because there's no running in snowshoes.

We saw a lot of moose up there.  A lot of huge, blubbery, hairy, four-legged giants that scared me more than the possibility of failing the course ever could (if we failed we got washed back-had to start over from the very beginning. NO THANKS I'M GOOD!) 

Now, back to the previous comment:

In regards to Peorth 'returning to her own life', I meant that she might just decide that loosing her job as a system admin might be worth it since she could essentially return to her position as a wish granter, however with the the story is slowly starting to unfold now, that gateway seems unlikely (go ahead and discard it.)

And for the last comment, about how desperate Peorth might be, I wasn't necessarily thinking of her kicking the bucket, but more in lines of, what happens when Urd pushes too hard and Peorth suddenly pushes back?  What would she do in that sort of situation?  Would she try and dig up some dirt on Urd in retaliation? Find a way to blackmail her into a stalemate?  Or would it get more violent then that? If so, just how violent could it get? (...and on a lighter note, is there a chance it could somehow lead to hot, angry sex that helps ease the tension between the two?)

Urd    46
Urd

I've never seen a moose in my whole life! They seem so...peacefull! (when they're not headbutting each other)

I tried looking it up, but not sure if i got the rank right, i mean, comparing to US ranks.

I'm a first-sargeant here, but i'm not sure if it can be compared to your E-8... hmm

I started in Paratrooper Infantry (18) as a private, then followed K9 training for 3 and a half years (best years of my career so far), then went to Sargeant School for 2 years. Now i'm "old" (almost 31) and in a more calmer (physically speaking) position =)

Back to AMG again:

Not sure if Peorth prefers sys admin or wish granting...;/

About the:

what happens when Urd pushes too hard and Peorth suddenly pushes back?  What would she do in that sort of situation?  Would she try and dig up some dirt on Urd in retaliation? Find a way to blackmail her into a stalemate?  Or would it get more violent then that? If so, just how violent could it get? (...and on a lighter note, is there a chance it could somehow lead to hot, angry sex that helps ease the tension between the two?)

I see what you mean now. If Urd pushes Peorth too hard and Peorth pushes back, would Urd be really willing to go out with whatever info she has in hand? Would she really cross that line? Hmmmm...

Also, wouldn't be beneath Peorth to try to dig some info on Urd as well and blackmail her into a stalemate. But would her demands be?

Urds demands would be something along the lines of: "shut up and stay married to me till Belldandy is off the hook or i'll turn you out"

While if Peorth finds something to blackmail her in return it would turn as: "you shut up. I'm cancelling this marriage thingy right now, and you're not going to open your mouth about anything otherwise i'll turn you out!"

That would make Peorth have the knife and cheese in her hands, right?

Why would she uphold the contract if the had that kind of ace on her sleeve?

As to get violent...i mean, physically violent, hmm...dunno...maybe...haven't really thought on that possibility. Too soon for hot angry sex...maybe later on..lol

Edited by Urd

Urd    46
Urd

You know things are bound to go horrible wrong when you start to write a passage of AMG fiction while listening to Rains of Castamere.

Yup.