Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Sign in to follow this  
Zen

Paradise Residence manga ends in March issue

vanagandr    201
vanagandr
7 hours ago, bejay53 said:

Like another series we all know and love!?

Actually, it's worse here. In AMG we had the feeling that the series was coming to an end well before it happened. Now, how that happened is a totally different matter altogether, but in Paradise Residence, there was no anticipation that the end was this close.

Zen    53
Zen

Has anyone seen the light novel version of PR? Perhaps the story is more complete there and he felt there wasn't really anywhere to go with it?

In any event, I look forward to seeing what he does next.

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

I don't know much details about the light novel versions (I think that there are two of them?), but as far as I know, the main writer isn't Mr. Fujishima. Just like in the AMG light novel, the story probably has very little to do with the way the manga progressed, or even considered as canon.

Of course, I'm also eager to find out what the next project is going to be :grin:

Ether101 Prime    22
Ether101 Prime

It sucks that PR is ending before the first TPB comes out in the US. On the bright side, Miyaku is still working on the series so we should see the translations before to long.

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

Actually, based on the RAWs (untranslated scans) I've found online, the last released chapter (ch 20) is listed as the final one. So, it's entirely possible that the final chapter of PR is already out and perhaps we're going to see the next manga by March(?), instead of releasing the last chapter by then. That's my speculation as I cannot really read the chapter and there's almost no information about what's going to follow after PR. Unlike AMG, where there was some information related to PR with the last chapter, I've found almost nothing about Mr. Fujishima's next project.

Then again, PR had started way earlier with a series of shorter chapters (now called PR Zero) when the author had attempted to have a side-project along AMG. So, when the latter ended, there was little doubt that he was going to restart that series. Right now though, there's nothing to indicate what's going to follow, so, we'll probably have to wait and see.

Ether101 Prime    22
Ether101 Prime

Well, issue 21 is labeled final and it looks to have ended with a short time skip where the two main characters are upper classwomen now and they lecture two girls about the dorm. The last page says something and list Ah! My Goddess at the top along with Paradise Residence then says something.

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

That's indeed true. However, the Ah! My Goddess thing was something consistent throughout the entire PR manga (although only in the original Japanese version of PR). In every single chapter, there were mentions of Mr. Fujishima's most famous series, since they're still selling the manga volumes. So, I think it's mostly an advertisement.

Ether101 Prime    22
Ether101 Prime

I wouldn't be surprised but it could be the announcement of his next series. Anyways, do we know who's bringing PR to the West?

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

It's the announcement that he's starting a new series this spring. However, I'm afraid that I cannot find more information in that last page.

Ether101 Prime    22
Ether101 Prime

Its okay.

sbyrstall    6
sbyrstall

That's to bad.  I was liking PR, even with a lack of a true storyline.  But sometimes that's a good thing.  Look how successful K-ON! was and it was just a 4-koma strip.  Talk about less than a storyline series.

We all know that PR would have to end with a graduation.  Many slice-of-life, high school series always do.  Personally, I'd like to see him do something in the more young adult/college/post-college genre, which there is such a need. 

winedrinkingcritic    19
winedrinkingcritic
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:50 PM, vanagandr said:

Realistically speaking, AMG is hands down the most successful and recognizable series Mr. Fujishima had ever made (although, I don't mean that the others aren't any good). From a purely financial point of view, a sequel (perhaps with the Keiichi and Bell's kids), or even a spin off could ensure an almost certain success for him until he retires.

I frequently refer to Belldandy/Keiichi's children spinoff as "The Girl Meets World Sequel". Where their children take center stage and everyone we all know and love and there for backup and moral support. Gag me. I'm pretty sure he can think of a better sequel than that.