Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

HotelKatz

Skuld and the ghostbusters

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

HotelKatz
HotelKatz

Alright, here's some ideas for scene fragments. the first one is kind of ripped off from the Cartoon.

---

Belldandy : Skuld seems kinda closed off. Should we do something?

Doc Irons : I have an Idea.

Urd: No electric shocks.

Doc Irons:....I have another idea.

Urd: Look, She's probably at her limit with dealing with strangers who are way too familiar for her own liking. Let's just give her some space... also, she's packing bombs.

----

Skuld : Look, trying to explain it is like figuring out the difference between trucker hats and baseball hats.

Doc Irons : The front section of a trucker hat above the bill is made of foam and the rest is plastic mesh for breathability. Baseball caps tend to be made of cotton.

Skuld :...I'm still not going to explain it.

---

Urd and Belldandy are in a discussion.

Skuld : If you're not too busy, I have a question.

Belldandy:I'd be happy to answer anything you want.

Skuld tries to explain what the object Keiichi had bought her in chapter 51 that she didn't know what it was.

Both Belldandy and Urd know what it was. Belldandy tries to get Urd to explain what it was, but Urd already ran away.

Inwardly, Belldandy thinks Damn you, Urd. (Note, I'll either skip to Skuld's reaction or have something interrupt. I plan on working with my sister on writing a fic where Skuld actually goes to Belldandy to learn what it is, but Belldandy doesn't know either, so they go to Urd, who does know what it is and takes great delight in explaining what it is. Because Urd is in the mood for greatly teasing Skuld)

HotelKatz

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11706411/4/Skuld-and-the-Ghostbusters

chapter is up.

One thing I thought about doing was making peoplebuster versions for a future chapter, but I decided against it. Doesn't really bring anything to the table.

I will make one ghost be an ice cream ghost... Just because it seems funny.

HotelKatz

Hey, instead of King Kong, should I make human-Belldandy be a fan of Mothra? I can even make her say it's because of the singing bits.

Nena Camadera

The signing bits...they have lyrics, right?  Have Belldandy memorize the lyrics and then have her singing to herself without realizing Skuld is watching.  Then have Skuld call Belldandy on it.  It'd be some cute, innocent humor to bring to the table (plus, on the off-chance you decide to write and epilogue, you could have Skuld introduce Big Sister!Belldandy to Mothra and let her get hooked on it 'because of the singing bits'.

HotelKatz

They do, but according to the wiki, they vary from movie to movie.

And I will be writing an epilogue. Tempted to have Big Sister!Belldandy wind up summoning Mothra for laughs. Probably will.

Once again, Nena, you are a well and a gold mine for great ideas!

Edited by HotelKatz

HotelKatz

Still working on chapter 6, but I think I should give this fic a hiatus. The reason being that I think news about the upcoming movie has my writing batteries drained a little too much. Or maybe getting hit with allergies has my brain in a tizzy.

One part of it has Urd and Skuld talk a little bit about using bombs or kicking people in the crotch if Skuld gets threatened out in public. (don't worry, Urd does the some-what responsible thing and tells Skuld to escape into a crowd and seek a police officer)

Another part has Belldandy and Doc Irons talk about the offspring of a goddess and human. About if the child would be a hybrid, a divine being, or pure human. The last one would be that the child has DNA from the Divine being's human shell, but not from the Divine being's 10th dimensional self. Tempted to have them wonder if a slight block on the Divine being would do something like the Child becomes a DNA clone of the Mortal parent, but still grows up to be their own person.

Urd teases Skuld with some of the haunted items that the GB acquired over a few missions. Probably will be using the recent video game for it, but maybe a few things from the Cartoon and board game. Tempted that when Human-Urd shows Skuld one of the items that has a demon connection to have Skuld tell Human-Urd that her Urd's mother is the CEO of hell and Human-Urd replies that her mother is one of the heads of a legal firm. :P

So other than a busting scene between Lind, Bell, Doc Irons, and a ghost based on the Martians from Mars attacks, it probably doesn't have much of a Ghostbusting mood. I probably am doing too much building, without any real aim. Aside from a few brick jokes. So chapter 7 will have a time skip and the Grundle.

vanagandr

I really like that, Katz :) It's nice to see Skuld getting around to familiarize herself with her surroundings and the conversation towards the end was a pretty interesting one to say the least.

HotelKatz

Thanks! While I was heading home today, I thought about adding a little direct teasing from Urd to Skuld.

While regular-Urd teases Skuld's age and machines, I'd make Human-Urd's teasing be more akin to 'You are now aware of your tongue' style of teasing.

Another thing I thought about adding is something from the cartoon, a watch that can speak and tells good advice. It appeared in an episode 'Buster the ghost'.

Maybe in a later chapter.

HotelKatz

On a whim, I'm writing up conversations I'll probably use in a later chapter or two, after some re-woeking. Whenever I add a decent amount to the page, I'll let you guys know. So don't expect much from this chapter, other than padding and some small world building.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1o40tZ6lV-RXGeOndo4d5B465Lh8JPoOBcDh47ctfA/edit?usp=sharing

HotelKatz

I'll be putting up chapter 5 on FFN in a few days.

Here's the Author's note

I’d expand more on my thoughts on the reboot movie, but.. What’s there to say?

The first movie had a review that said it was like a well-timed joke.

My thoughts on the reboot are that it will be like a ‘Me-too’ joke. Mimics the formula, but has various bits changed to be ‘scarier’, ‘funnier’, and ‘hipper’. But comes off as sad, lame, and full of ‘And-uh-uh’ filler bits.

I don’t blame the actors, though. I blame the director and the producers, who see all criticism as sexist and racist, regardless of if it is or not.

From this point on, I won’t talk about the reboot movie. Instead, I’ll merely do things like ‘see this ghostbusters fan film’ or ‘go play the Ghostbusters international with a few friends and make a few props’, or even ‘Play the board game, it’ll have a sequel out next year.’