Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Growing Pains

Nena Camadera    51
Nena Camadera

Not saying anything in regards to Mara loosing an eye or Belldandy's sudden distrust in her--remember, this is years after the events in Angel Biter, and there are still event's that haven't been carried out yet.  And don't thing Belldandy's dislike is one sided--though she doesn't show it, Marller has an even greater dislike of Belldandy, one that just touches the edge of hate, except for the fact that she's Urd's sister and Keiichi's spouse.  Those things mean a lot to Marller, and so she won't allow her emotions to breech from incredible dislike to outright hate; again, something that will be shown as Angel Biter continues.

And it's not that Urd doesn't want to visit her niece.  Again, it's due to things that will be revealed as time goes on.  Essentially it's along the lines of this: Urd feels it's safer if she doesn't leave Niflheim because of certain incidents that have happened and could happen if she were to go to the Assiah.  She has a profound understanding of what these incidents could be, and to say the least, they could be catastrophic if she was to leave Nilfheim.  That's why Marller was sent instead.

As for the Falkin, you were close on some levels...

Imma=Me

Axu=Distant relation

Alu=Family

Axatu=Sister

"Imma shilorrest, tsamarra Urd"= Keiichi's final thought: "The longer I live, the deeper I sink into Urd’s shadow."

Keiichi understands Falkin better than Belldandy because he 'rode' in Marller's mind for a time while they were in the deadlands.  There they both shared memories and experiences, and they each sort of...'leaked' into each other.  One of the things Keiichi came away with was a full understanding in Falkin and a rudimentary understanding of Highkin.  It's also one of the reasons Marller calls Keiichi Axu, for he shared some of her memories and they both shared the experience of the prison together. (In other words, they bonded! The two are Bros now.)

Urd    46
Urd

I hate you with passion sometimes Nena...

Well, if Urd can't come down to the Assiah, have Belldandy go to Nifelheim =)

If Maome doesn't go to the mountain, the mountain comes to him, right? (or something like that).

I know many things are yet to happen in AB that will justify those feelings both from Belldandy and Mara's part...i'm just wondering what could those things be that would leave such a sour taste in their mouths.

Also, a thought just ocurred. What are your plans with Hild might be? If Urd's to be the new Damakaicho, i suppose she's hitting the dirt? Wouldn't that take Tyr down with her cause of Doublet system?

Ohhhh, sooooo manyy questtiooooonnnsssss...

Go work on AB, you mean girl. Waiting for a new chapter is almost worst than waiting for a new episode of GoT.

At least everybody knew what would happen to Jon Snow... -_-

Nena Camadera    51
Nena Camadera

Whoever said Hild was dead??

Regardless, its more things you'll find out as the story progresses.  Anyways, today was a 'resiliency day' at work, which meant nothing but a bunch of spare time and mandatory briefings.  Because of that, I had some time to kill with a doodle, and since Marller's been on my mind due to Growing Pains, here's a Post-Angel Biter Marller to help tide you over.  It's very basic, so nothing too fancy, and is more of a draft of how I expect her to look as time progresses.

Yay shoddy phone camera!

2016-05-06 20.21.30.jpg

Urd    46
Urd

Ok, so now we know Hild's not dead...

Why is it the only thing i can think about when i type that line is "not dead, but dreaming?"

What do we want?

A NEW CHAPTER OF AB!

How do we want it?

LONG! (that came out wrong --_--)

When do we want it?

NAAAOOOOWWWW!

EDIT; for some reason the pic wasn't uploading. I can see it now ^^

That's very cool! Love how you picture your caracthers ^^

Edited by Urd

Nena Camadera    51
Nena Camadera

Okay, here's a starting draft of IdiAmeanDaDa's request for Kasen's first day of school.  I've done a bit of research for the school system in Japan and combined it with my own personal experience in Japan based around the stay-at-home Moms I always see riding their kids to school.  I'll probably be editing good chunks of it because I don't like how it's started, but for right now I'll leave it as is because I just want to get the ideas down on paper.

“But I don’t wanna go to school!”  Kasen whined, stomping her feet as Belldandy buttoned up the sweater of her school uniform.  “School is stupid.  Why do I have to go?”  She asked.  “Why can’t I stay home like Hotaru and you?”

“Because it will do you some good to get out and explore.”  Belldandy said, rising from where she’d kneeled at her daughter’s side and scrutinizing Kasen with a careful blue eye.  “You’ll enjoy it, Sweetie.  It will give you the chance to make some friends.”

Kasen stamped her feet, irritated when she didn’t get the satisfactory slap of her bare feet against the wooden floor.  She was wearing socks now-stupid socks to go with her stupid uniform and stupid schoolbag and stupid shoes, and it muffled most of the noise her feet produced.  “I don’t wanna make friends.”  She said stubbornly.  “Ripley is my friend, and you won’t let her go with me!”

“That’s because Ripley belongs here in the house, Sweetling.”  Belldandy replied.  “She’ll scare the other kids at school-not many people have ever seen a tulpa before.”

Kasen huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. “Maybe I want her to scare people.”  She muttered under her breath, gaining a disapproving look from Belldandy.  In a louder voice she continued her protest, “Why can’t you just teach me, Mama?  Why do I have to learn kanji and katakana from some smelly old man with a bunch of kids who don’t even know the hiragana characters?”

Belldandy frowned.  “That ‘stupid old man’ is your Sensei, and you’d do best to respect him.”  She warned.  “If I hear you’ve been causing problems for him, I will ground you from everything you love, understand?”  She met her daughter’s eyes and watched as Kasen’s cheeks puffed up in anger.  Her face turned red, another tell-tale sign of a temper-tantrum, and Belldandy planted her hands on her hips.  Kasen.”  She chided.  “What’s wrong?  You were so excited when we visited the school before!”

“Well now I’m not!”  Kasen cried.  “I don’t want to because…because…”  She bit her lip, and Belldandy waited patiently, waiting for her daughter to come to her reasonings on her own.  “What if I don’t like it?”  She asked.  “I already know hiragana and katakana, and you’re already teaching me kanji!  What if they think I’m weird?  What if they don’t like me?”

The Norn sighed, then ran a hand through her daughter’s hair.  It was held back in a tight ponytail today, one that fell back to her shoulders.  “That’s part of the adventure, Sweetling.”  She murmured.  “I know it’s a little scary, but that’s part of what makes it fun.”  The woman kneeled next to her daughter, resting her hands on Kasen’s shoulders.  Kasen was staring at her with an upset frown, her large eyes shiny with unshed tears.  “You’ll never know what will happen until you actually go through with it.”  Belldandy continued, “And it almost never happens the way we think it will.”  The woman tapped her own forehead with a finger, smiling at Kasen.  “We like to scare ourselves with what we don’t understand—you know this, right?”

Kasen nodded silently, and Belldandy nodded with her. “And you know that things rarely turn out how we imagine them, yes?”  Again Kasen nodded, this time a bit dejectedly.  “This is no different, and it’s important that you have the opportunity to make friends with children your own age.  It’s important you know how to socialize with people outside this shrine.  Belldandy thought, heavens know, you’ve spent enough time here as it is. 

It had been Keiichi’s idea, originally.  Kasen had just turned six, reaching the age most children were enrolled in elementary school in Japan.  Belldandy could still remember how confused she’d been when her husband had brought it up; Highkin children often remained under their parent’s tutelage roughly until the age of ten eons, learning the very basics of language, communication, and life skills as their personality developed.  Afterwards, they’d take an identification test that would allow them to be paired with an outside mentor which most fit that child’s developing personality and abilities.  From there they stayed under the combined lessons of both parents and mentors until they reached their mid-teens, where they went to an actual school with deities of their own age in order to gain a license. 

The idea of sending Kasen to a school so…early in her life had been a foreign concept to Belldandy, and had required a long session of conversation from both sides before either goddess or mortal could further broach the subject.  “Kasen needs to have friends outside the house.”  Keiichi had reasoned.  Mortal friends that grow at the same pace as her and who she can relate to; friends that share her hobbies and want to hang out with her after school.”  It’d been a bit of an uncomfortable conversation, thinking back on it.  The Morisato did not fit the definition of a normal Japanese family.  “And Kasen’s smart, too.  Scary-smart.”  That was what Keiichi had called it, scary-smart.

Belldandy had been teaching the five year-old what Keiichi dubbed ‘calculous’ at the time; basic mathematical structures that Belldandy had learned at an even earlier age.  It’d been a Sunday, Keiichi’s only day off, and Belldandy had been going over a couple problems with Kasen when Keiichi had walked in on them.  The look on his face had been baffling; a combination of shock, awe, and something foreign: intimidation. The look had vanished quickly enough, yet that alien expression had stayed in Belldandy’s mind through the day and into the night, well after the kids were asleep and she could speak to Keiichi without fear of Kasen overhearing.

Irony being the cruel mistress she was, Keiichi had received a school invite from one of the elementary schools in Nekomi that same day in the mail.  Come and learn with us! It advertised, displaying children of various ages sitting in classroom assemblies to planting gardens to running track.  Nekomi International School of Higher Learning: Building the Whole Person Concept, One Step at a Time.  Next to the school’s motto was a creature that Belldandy could only guess was the school’s mascot, some sort of super-deformed creature that might have been a flying squirrel if viewed upside down and with one eye shut.

Yet Keiichi’s points were valid, and there was the added bonus of Kasen being busy with school, Kasen being busy with homework; Kasen being too busy playing with new friends or studying to get into trouble or bully Hotaru when she thought Belldandy wasn’t looking.

I only hope this really is a blessing in disguise.  Belldandy thought, her mind returning to the present as Kasen, still pouting, grabbed her little yellow school hat and trudged to the kitchen, dragging her feet the whole way. She’s but a child yet; one younger than Urd and I when we first met and far too young to be getting into any serious trouble.  “Do you have your bag, Kasen?”

“Yeaaahhh…” The little girl drawled.

Belldandy nodded.  “Go put your shoes on for me, okay?  I need to grab Hotaru.”  Thankfully Hotaru was up and ready to go as well, the three year old watching his mother with wide eyes from where he say in a bouncy seat, a thumb in his mouth which he sucked idly as he followed his mother with his big, blue eyes.  The goddess smiled at the little boy as she gathered him in her arms.  “Ready to go for a ride, Hotaru?” 

The boy gurgled happily. “’Ide! ‘Ide!” He shouted. “Go for ‘Ide Mommy!  ‘Ide!”

“Yes indeed, young Sir!”  Belldandy chirped, then rushed back to the hallway, where Kasen was zipping up her bag.  Had the goddess not been so busy ensuring her young daughter was ready for the day’s events, she might have questioned what, if anything, Kasen had placed in her bag.  Lunches were provided by the school and there was nothing Kasen was required to have in her bag that would not be provided to her on her first day.  Even pencils weren’t necessary, as the children wouldn’t be writing anything; they’d be receiving a list detailing the school year agenda with a detailed list of items the child would need. This was to allow families with lower incomes to save money without receiving the dishonor of being called out and secluded by the school, where the child might then be victimized by his or her peers. 

Yet Belldandy was not wholly present in mind at that point during the day, though as the hours passed to noon, the thought would resurface with sudden terror.  Instead, the goddess slid on a pair of outdoor shoes, checked to make sure Kasen was wearing the proper shoes per the school uniform, and then put on Hotaru’s shoes.  Together the trio slipped outside, where Belldandy made a beeline for the garage.

The courtyard was strangely empty of occupants that morning.  Again, something that should have been a red flag for Belldandy, who was more often than not greeted by Keiichi’s tulpa, Ripley, or at the very least Welsper, making a fuss outside.  Yet neither occupants seemed available to see off the mother and children that day, and for that Belldandy saw it as a small blessing.

Without realizing it, Belldandy began to hum, a small, excited smile lighting up her face like a little girl as she opened the garage.  It was empty of Keiichi’s motorcycle; the man had already left for work, which could be up to a two hour transit depending on the morning traffic.  Without the ‘cycle, the garage was almost empty sans a couple of bicycles, and it was to these that Belldandy made her way now.  The bicycle she grabbed was a road bike of a soft, baby blue.  With Keiichi’s aid and her own know-how, they’d modified it to hold two child’s seats on it; one on the front for Hotaru, with a larger one in back where normally there’d be a bicycle rack for Kasen. 

Keiichi had been leery of a road bike holding the combined weight of his family, yet Belldandy had been surprisingly stubborn about ensuring the seats were installed.  The road bike had been an anniversary gift from Keiichi’s folks, gifted in such a way that it was ‘encouraged’ to build it from the ground up again. “It’s their way of saying they like you.” Keiichi had claimed.  And so the Norn, after having spent so much time around her husband and his motorcycles, had taken it up as a pet project, then taking it a step further by reinforcing the metal frame with magic to ensure it remained durable with the additional seats and didn’t fall apart on her at high speeds.

Because Belldandy Morisato, daughter of the Almighty and record-holder of the ‘fastest deity in the heavens (and hells) was a speed junky.  And her children, who often accompanied Belldandy down to the local grocery store and back, were showing signs of following in her footsteps.

Kasen cheered up immediately at the sight of the bike.  “Are we going to ride all the way there?”  She asked with sudden excitement, and at her mother’s nod the girl let out a whoop of joy.  The child pranced back out to the courtyard (still empty of tulpa), her face as bright as sunshine.  Behind her, at a slower pace, Belldandy followed, Hotaru on one hip and she guided the bike with the other.  Once it was outside, the goddess propped the bicycle up on its kickstand, then turned to close the garage door with a wave.  That done, the Norn proceeded to buckle Hotaru up in the front child’s seat of the bike.

“Kasen-“ She needn’t have bothered.  The little girl was already at her mother’s side, climbing into the back seat with her backpack hanging from one shoulder strap.  Belldandy took the bag from the girl as Kasen made herself comfortable, (did it way more than she remembered?) then handed the bag back to her daughter.  “Please keep a good hold on your backpack, okay Kasen?”  Belldandy instructed.  “If you lose it, we’ll have to start taking the mirrors to school instead.”

Kasen nodded vigorously at that.  “I won’t lose it!  She cried, gripping her bag tightly (had Belldandy been watching the bag, she would have seen it squirm.)  “Besides, I don’t like the mirrors.  They make my head feel icky.”

That’s because such methods of travel were never designed with a mortal in mind.  Belldandy thought to herself, but held her tongue.  While she’d never force her daughter to go through such a channel, it made a good threat that ensured Kasen behaved.  The school uniform and matching backpack had been surprisingly expensive, even when they’d found the bag at a local thrift store and had gotten the uniforms during a school sale. 

Belldandy's mode of transportation is inspired by the mother's i see out on the road all the time, usually with one kid in back but occasionally with one child up in front, too.  The first time I saw that my jaw almost dropped I was so surprised, but given how Keiichi is with money, I can't help but think this is somewhat appropriate for the whole Morisato family. Keiichi isn't rich, and even with Belldandy, there were times he was struggling to afford things like gifts and what not.  I feel like, even with Belldandy also (occasionally now) working at the Whirlwind or somehow recieving funds by pure luck, they wouldn't really invest the money into another vehicle.  Not at first--I'd say give it a couple more years, then maybe, but not with the kids so young still.

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

I must admit that this is a really sweet set of scenes, dealing with the aspect of Keiichi and Belldandy having children together (and how human those seem to be). Also, it's kind of fun to have one of them named after Keiichi's grandfather, while the eldest child has to go to school. Providing that she's not as privileged as the rest of her family to gain knowledge through Yggdrasil in order to read and write mortal tongues, Kasen needs to learn the kana and Kanji the same way mortal kids do. Otherwise... it would've been really boring for her, or... she might end up writing her homework in nordic runes just for the heck of it. Maybe draw apples in a non Euclidian geometry. 

Still, I found it interesting that the whole tutoring system for immortals here is very similar to what I also had in mind for my stories. The only exception perhaps being that you never really graduate for good, since adults need to periodically take classes again to keep up with modern developments throughout their immortal lives. Hm... Urd and Peorth in school uniforms? 

Nena Camadera    51
Nena Camadera

There's a whole 'nother story behind the names for Kasen and Hotaru: Belldandy and Keiichi came to an agreement where if the child was a boy, Keiichi would name it, and if it was a girl, Belldandy would name it.  I wanted to do this as a way to reflect the difference between cultures, with Kasen having a more Western name and Hotaru having a more traditional Japanese name.  Of course, there was the accident in documentation with the baby names for Kasen, but again, that's another story for a different time.

I've always liked the thought that in some ways, Keiichi has helped Belldandy grow and mature not so much as a goddess, but as a woman.  Belldandy always came off to me as incredibly naive throughout most of the manga and anime, which would have made sense if Urd and Skuld were portrayed in a similar fashion, however that never seemed to be the case.  I can understand the reasoning behind it-a portrayal of innocence and purity-yet when both the older sister and the younger sister seem more familiar with how things work on the Assiah, yet neither are affiliated with the Goddess Help Line, well....yeah. 

Growing Pains is sort of a way to show how much Belldandy has grown and adapted to the changes in her life, as well as a way to show how much her relationship with Keiichi has matured as well.  They tease each other, they make each other laugh.  They let each other know when something is bothering them, especially over hard topics that deal with the huge gap between Mortal and Goddess (and there are quite a few.) They're open and honest with one another, and comfortable enough to display affection openly without being embarrassed (for Keiichi this is a big one--Japanese culture looks down on public displays of affection, yet for Belldandy it's the exact opposite--this was a huge hurtle to overcome).  The two even have their own set of friends and realize that they don't always need to do things together, and that they don't need to always like the company the other spends time with (Marller for Belldandy, Peorth, oddly enough, for Keiichi)

And there's more to Kasen than simply learning at a normal pace: Kasen doesn't have access to Yggdrasil in the same sense that Belldandy does because she's essentially mortal.  As she matures, she might show a hint of magic, at which point Belldandy may decide to set her on track for more divine tutoring, but those are all big 'ifs' that are all dependent on Kasen's strength of will.  If it's weak, say like Skuld's throughout the manga, Belldandy may not even bother and simply let it die out, since magic for a mortal is similar to a talent: if enough time and effort isn't placed in it's development, then it will gutter and die.  But if Kasen takes more after Urd, with a heavy (and perhaps dangerous) affiliation with magic, then Belldandy may be more active in ensuring Kasen has a proper mentor.  Until then, it's important that Kasen have as normal a childhood as possible, because the Japanese are very traditional and don't always look at foreigners or children with mixed heritages in a positive light (look up 'Ariana Miyamoto' and the term Hafu for more info) and Kasen's already going to be bullied because of that.  You add to that the Kasen earning the highest marks of her classmates, and Kasen-like you said-bored out of her ever-loving mind because she's already leagues beyond her classmates, and you've got a recipe for disaster.  Keiichi realizes this, and so wants to try and mitigate it, though Belldandy will still be actively teaching Kasen about what she can't learn in school (issues dealing with her mixed heritage, her mother's language, rudementary potions, conversing with spirits, How to Beat a Bully's Ass and Get Away With It, etc...)

vanagandr    201
vanagandr

Ah, I see. I suppose it's a much more different approach than mine, given that I'm going more for the 'When in Rome, do as the romans do' method of solving things when it comes to naming conventions. As such, I'm going for more Nordic names, rather than Japanese ones for their children. 

I think that Mr Fujishima loved to reuse some themes almost like running gags and even Belldandy wasn't immune to that. As such, her naive approach of several topics, her incredible luck and the was jealous cat were used again and again in several parts of the manga. However, if we're to take a more realistic approach to her personality, it's certain that she needs to grow as a character on several levels, along with Keiichi. Especially as she starts to act like a mother, which in my opinion you captured really well here. And not to mention a Japanese mother, since a lot authors kind of forget the fact that the series takes place in Japan.

I'm fully aware of the occasional prejudice against foreigners and those of mixed heritage, although in this case there's another aspect: does their kids have markings? I guess they don't (and I might've missed it in the text), but if they do, things... might be problematic. It basically screams 'we're different' and there are all kinds of stereotypes linking them to Yakuza who apparently loves tattos (even if we're talking about something like a simple thing that doesn't count as a tattoo, ie. the goddess' markings). Still, markings aside, given that she's going to get bullied, is it actually safe to have a possible magic user among humans who probably have no idea what kind of trouble they might get into. Even Belldandy can lose control of her feelings, resulting in energy leaks (like in the case of her jealousy storms) and if Kasen get to experience some minor incidents like that, it can become a problem. 

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada
10 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

Belldandy's mode of transportation is inspired by the mother's i see out on the road all the time, usually with one kid in back but occasionally with one child up in front, too. 

You have not seen anything until you have been to Catania, Sicily and witnessed families of 4 weaving in and out of traffic on mopeds.  Scary stuff, that. 

32 minutes ago, vanagandr said:

and if Kasen get to experience some minor incidents like that, it can become a problem. 

Guess she will have to go to Hogwarts?  ;)

Nena, I am curious, would you consider these children demi-gods or something else entirely?  In general, the Greek and Roman demi-gods had a certain trait that they inherited from their divine parent.  Have you decided whether this will apply here?  Kasan is already "scary-smart" (5-year old doing calculous??). 

Nena Camadera    51
Nena Camadera

'shrug' We both hold ideas that can at times run on parallel paths, only to diverge in the last moment; it's something I've noticed about your world and mine, but that's part of what makes both worlds so much fun to read about.  We've both got our own takes on everything ranging from character portrayal/development, all the way up to demonic/divine culture and what Yggdrasil and Nidhogg represent for their specific realms. 

Since I'm still stationed in Japan, I've been give the opportunity to experience the culture first-hand (and Korea, to a lesser extent...) and it really helps in regards to a story that actually takes place in Japan. It's an interesting experience, especially when you aren't in an area that's rich with pop culture or media, like Ikebukuro or Akibahara, and has a bit more of a 'suburban town' feel to it and could, realistically, be used as a sort of 'model' for how a resident of Nekomi might go about their life (we've got everything from huge mountains to universities within a ten-mile radius of the base; the changes that happen between those locations are insane.) and I like to think that Belldandy would just sort of carve herself a nitch similar to a lot of Japanese housewives in the Morisato household (without using magic in excess).

The kids don't have any facial markings.  Kasen might gain some depending on how strong her magic shows itself to be, but Hotaru will never gain them, and even if they did, my own take on the series is that no one would notice the markings unless they were highly sensitive to spiritual energy (which still sucks for the kids-children are more sensitive to that stuff than adults).  Right now they both look like a pair of regular, mortal kids, though Kasen is a bit more fair skinned and inherited her mother's almond eyes (rather than the monolid eyes that both Keiichi and Hotaru have).  Kasen takes a lot after her mother in appearance, and the same could be true for Hotaru with Keiichi (predictably, Hotaru won't get picked on quite so badly because of it...) with the main difference between the two of them being eye color. 

But that's okay, because Belldandy, surprisingly enough, knows quite a bit about bullying: Marller would bully her whenever she snuck into Asgard to hang out with Urd, and on occasion even Urd was guilty of it, though those times were rare and generally only when Marller was around.  Urd was also bullied because of her own mixed heritage, and so Belldandy is well aware of the possibility that Kasen and Hotaru might also become targets.  She won't use magic or teach her kids how to use magic, but there are other ways, and Belldandy was part of quite a few of Urd's plots at getting back at her own bullies.  That, and Belldandy started getting into the habit of walking a Bermese Mountain Dog (tulpa) to school with the kids when they outgrew their bikes.  All ways around it that Belldandy will have to teach her kids in the hopes that they'll conquer their enemies on their own. 

Nena Camadera    51
Nena Camadera
6 minutes ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

You have not seen anything until you have been to Catania, Sicily and witnessed families of 4 weaving in and out of traffic on mopeds.  Scary stuff, that. 

Guess she will have to go to Hogwarts?  ;)

Nena, I am curious, would you consider these children demi-gods or something else entirely?  In general, the Greek and Roman demi-gods had a certain trait that they inherited from their divine parent.  Have you decided whether this will apply here?  Kasan is already "scary-smart" (5-year old doing calculous??). 

Kasen might get a Hogwarts acceptance letter as a birthday gift (apparently they make those!) since the kids may or may not have a huge love for the series.  Or at least Hotaru will.  Kasen seems more partial to Stephen King (her favorite book is Firestarter) herself, and is making claims that she wants to grow up and be a Gunslinger and fight off the Crimson King like Susannah Dean.

Regarding Kasen and calculus, that's definitely part of her divine heritage: remember, it was mentioned that Belldandy started learning such 'basic mathematical structures' at an even younger age, and she's already learning and memorizing kanji, which is something the Japanese learn throughout their lives and well into college since they're characters that have various meanings you need to memorize, rather than a singular alphabet like katakana or hiragana.  As for what may arise with it, I'm still trying to figure it out myself.  It might be that she's more or less like Hercules or Gilgamesh: still mortal, but capable of feats that go beyond the limits of most men. She might be a little faster, maybe a little stronger, and might be able to learn and understand certain concepts a bit more easily than most.  I'm honestly not sure yet-it's something that remains to be seen.

And Hotaru?  Well...he's always been living more in Kasen's shadow than anything else.  For the most part, he'll seem like a perfectly average boy, and then puberty hits.  Then BOOM! Chesthair and muscle.  No, seriously.  Belldandy will even comment that he takes after Thor and his entire school will grow to fear him, despite the fact that Hotaru has the demur of a really nice, mellow boy.

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

You pretty much have their lives mapped out, don't you.  After Origins and AB are done, are you going to have stories about Adult Kasan and Hotoru?