NOTICE: Please be aware that the status update widget in the sidebar has been repaired, for those who have been unable to use it lately. This message can be dissolved by clicking the 'x' in the far right corner of this message.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy C

Where to get Toppu GP legally

15 posts in this topic

Kodansha is making Toppu GP available in English via comiXology and Kindle. The price is USD1.99 per chapter with chapters 1 and 2 out now, it's a double chapter feature in the magazine as well.

I can tell you that a basic purchase on comiXology is only good for READING the manga online. If you want to download it, it looks like you'll have to sign up for their Unlimited service, a monthly subscription. I don't know about Kindle, I hope someone can tell me if this particular title is DRM'ed or not. After paying for comiXology, I'm not keen to try Kindle without additional information.

Thanks for posting, Jimmy. I've never been impressed with Amazon's Kindle because it never allows you to own what you purchase, such as downloading a physical copy of the book that you're purchasing. It's nice to see that comiXology is allowing users to download a copy but expect it to be DRM'ed. I've followed the DRM war and a vast majority of ebook downloaders hate DRM on books. Adobe has always pushed for it.

As I said, you'd have to pay for their Unlimited service first, that costs USD5.00 a month. If I can unpack the Kindle download, I'll be satisfied.

By the way, I suggest this be stickied.

I'm aware of that, Jimmy. I've just never been too thrilled over Amazon's digital books because of DRM. DRM has always stuck out like a sore thumb because media companies think it discourages piracy. But, at least it's being offered simultaneously as the Japanese releases. This is good news. Oh, and the topic has been pinned. BTW, you should have sufficient permissions to "pin" topics as a member of the forum staff. :grin:

I don't know. I have no issues with Kindle. I d/ed both chapters ($1.99 a piece) and read it without any issues. It's on both my Kindle and my cell phone (Kindle app).

I wasn't bashing Kindle but rather the DRM process. I have a rather extensive collection of ebooks in the ePub format. :grin:

Is this series getting a physical release?

Eventually, it'll get a physical release as a TPB. Unfortunately, since only the first two chapters have been released, there haven't been enough chapters available yet to justify the publication of the first volume. Keep in mind that each volume of a manga requires around 6-7 chapters of the manga to justify the printing costs. This is a new manga series and we probably won't see the first volume released until maybe the first quarter of 2017. The first volume hasn't even been prepped for publication in Japan yet, so don't expect the first volume to be published in either country until 2017.

I know that. Thanks for responding.

Lately I've been using Bookwalker for buying digital manga - they periodically release surveys so their customers can vote on what series they would like to be available.

I would describe it as something of a middle ground - the books have to be read in the app, but you can download and later read them offline. Also, they use Japanese prices, which means you might save some money as opposed to buying it from an American storefront.

So I just realized that buying on Kindle also makes the chapter available on comiXology for reading. Pretty much means there's no point in buying on comiXology unless you completely aren't interested in a local copy.

Toppu GP#3 is out now.