Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,701 posts in this topic Last Reply

Urd
2 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Lind has no responsibilities in regards to Urd outside of enforcing the terms of her banishment. 

So much speculation, so much jumping to conclusions.  :)  Maybe we will clear up some of that in the following chapters.  :P

Here is a picture of Morgan (or the girl that inspired her).  Just that all her hair is that teal/blue color, not highlighted like here. 

2379.jpg

Oh, i do hope you clear some of that in the following chapters!!!! XD

Such a petite little thing, that girl. Her mane is bigger than her body! XD

IdiAmeanDada
20 minutes ago, Urd said:

Such a petite little thing, that girl. Her mane is bigger than her body! XD

I was thinking the same thing.  She is supposed to be quite emo, which to me is a lackadaisical, I don't give a shit attitude as far as I can tell.  Obviously the topic of her orientation riles her up, but apart from that, she's supposed to be pretty reserved.  Sort of a mirror image of Aiko.  The whole "opposites attract" meme, if you will. 

Urd
1 hour ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

The whole "opposites attract" meme, if you will. 

I always heard that opposites attract, but that's only as far as it goes...

Poor Aiko!

Imaginos1892

Well, Chapter 42 was not, after all, the Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything. In fact, it raised a lot more questions than it answered. You’re digging yourselves a mighty big hole, there. Hope you've got the stamina to dig your way back out!

On 7/17/2017 at 7:45 AM, IdiAmeanDada said:

So much speculation, so much jumping to conclusions.  :)  Maybe we will clear up some of that in the following chapters.  :P

For some people, jumping to conclusions is all the exercise they get. :biggrin:
And no, I don’t jump to conclusions. I ask questions, guess and speculate, point out what the story’s internal logic indicates, but almost never say, ‘This is The Answer’.
Sometimes I take people to task when they say, ‘This is The Answer’.

OK, so when might we be seeing these ‘following chapters’? Weeks of silence are uninformative and kind of frustrating. A general idea, at least? A hint? A few crumbs?
Remember, you created these monsters. Feeding us is now your responsibility.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:15 AM, IdiAmeanDada said:

I was thinking the same thing.  She is supposed to be quite emo, which to me is a lackadaisical, I don't give a shit attitude as far as I can tell.  Obviously the topic of her orientation riles her up, but apart from that, she's supposed to be pretty reserved.  Sort of a mirror image of Aiko.  The whole "opposites attract" meme, if you will. 

I’ve always seen ‘emo’ as more of a ‘fuck you, I don’t give a shit’ attitude. We used to just call them assholes.

———————————

“Pick whichever alternative is worse, and that’s the one it will be.”

Edited by Imaginos1892

Nena Camadera
2 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

OK, so when might we be seeing these ‘following chapters’? Weeks of silence are uninformative and kind of frustrating. A general idea, at least? A hint? A few crumbs?
Remember, you created these monsters. Feeding us is now your responsibility.

I said that our updates would be slowing down at least until September.  My plate is filled with military bullshit at the moment that will be keeping me from focusing on the story, and that accompanied with the fact that it's summer and Idi has an actual life and family means that those updates might come down to two week updates over one week.  But if you want, I mean, I can really slow it down to Angel Biter's initial speed, where you might see an update once every couple of months.  Be patient. A good story is an all-day job, and in reality we only have a certain number of hours each day we can devote to the chapter.

• Upvote 1

Urd

Now now, i don't "jump to conclusions".

I theorize!!!

You're all just envious of my crystal ball powers!

Imaginos1892
On 7/22/2017 at 8:56 PM, Nena Camadera said:

But if you want, I mean, I can really slow it down to Angel Biter's initial speed, where you might see an update once every couple of months.

Nooooooooo!! Don't make abominable threats like that! We'll be good! Really!

On 7/23/2017 at 2:14 AM, Urd said:

Now now, i don't "jump to conclusions".

I theorize!!!

You're all just envious of my crystal ball powers!

Yabbut you do get awful insistent about some of those theories… :tongue:

What's your crystal ball say about the Black-Suit Demon Convention?
Maybe it’s just that — a convention. Bunch of demons get together to hang out, talk, drink, attend evil seminars, swap a few curses…

———————————

Delenn: "But prayers are fleeting, and wars forgotten. What is built, endures."

Edited by Imaginos1892

IdiAmeanDada

No release today.  Still having to do some writing as well as some rearranging because we got off track a little with out outline.  Too many ideas floating around muddied the waters a little. 

Urd
1 hour ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Nooooooooo!! Don't make threats like that! We'll be good! Really!

Yabbut you do get awful insistent about some of those theories… :tongue:

What's your crystal ball say about the Black-Suit Demon Convention?
Maybe it’s just that — a convention. Bunch of demons get together to hang out, talk, drink, attend evil seminars, swap a few curses…

———————————

Ofc!

A girl has to stand for what a girl believes in!

About the Black-suit Demon Convention, well, my Bullshit-dar is going off the roof with that one. Def just not "a simple convention". 

Almost feels like...i wouldn't go as far as saying "a trap", but maybe a mega-operation of some sort.

And i don't get THAT much insistent about any of my theories...(unless it's my UrdxLind one..but there are reasons for that one! Really!). But i don't let go of them at the first reply either...i must be given good proof or logical response to those theories to give up on them.

grayfox123
5 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

No release today.  Still having to do some writing as well as some rearranging because we got off track a little with out outline.  Too many ideas floating around muddied the waters a little. 

No problem. Take as much time as you want.

Before I started writing fanfics, I was a 'Give me updates yesterday' kind of person, but now....I realize that it takes TIIIME to write a good fanfic.

One of my one-shots spent 3 weeks swimming around in my head before I could trust myself to write the first draft.

• Upvote 1

Imaginos1892
8 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

No release today.  Still having to do some writing as well as some rearranging because we got off track a little with our outline.  Too many ideas floating around muddied the waters a little. 

Somehow, I can't see 'too many ideas' as a problem…

3 hours ago, grayfox123 said:

One of my one-shots spent 3 weeks swimming around in my head before I could trust myself to write the first draft.

Naaah. Go ahead and write the first draft, even if it's shit. Much worse to be stuck with nothing moving. If you put words on the page (or screen) you've at least got something to work with. If it starts out as shit, it can only get better, right? :biggrin:

My current problem is, I've been stuck on the second paragraph of Chapter 5 for three weeks. I've written over 12,000 words, but they're all in Chapters 7, 8, 10 and 11. And Chapter 1 of another story. Chapters 8 and 11 are done, and really good, (hey, trust me, they are! :grin:) but they're not much use without 5, and 6 which is barely started.

Had to take a little time out to go fix the air conditioner at one of my rentals. Tenant complained that it was 'not getting cool'. There was a solid mat of dog hair about 1/8" thick over the entire evaporator coil, frozen to it because the coil iced up with no airflow. Had her leave it off for 3 hours to let the ice melt, went back, and it all peeled off in one big brown sheet. Suggested she move the dog bed away from the air return. :cry:

———————————

Hard work and sacrifice pays off at some indefinite time in the future. Laziness pays off today.

Edited by Imaginos1892
  • Upvote 1

IdiAmeanDada

NV3vvlO.gif

The plummeting cactus is something I regret,
catching it with my hands was a bad move, I bet.

It laughed with glee as I walked down the hall,
This I vow, next time that sum' bitch with fall!