SUPPORT: We're in the middle of the donation drive for the site. If you're able to help support our community by sending a donation to the site, please use the Paypal donation sidebar feature. Remember, your support helps keep us funded and allows us to provide our community with features such as an image hosting gallery, community forums and more.

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office

Welcome to Goddess Relief Office, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Goddess Relief Office by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create your own image gallery and upload images
  • Post status updates and much more

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

1,330 posts in this topic

I'll go with Niflheim first since I love my demons.

Niflheim is built on a totalitarian government system. The current Daimakaicho literally conquered all the surround lands and all its tribes and brought them together under one form of government. This has actually united the demons of Niflheim, as before they were primarily warring tribes that fought for dominance within their own territory.  There are still some smaller warring factions that have refused to unite under Niflheim that live on the outskirts of the territory, but these 'Wilder' tribes can be intergrated beneath the Daimakaicho's reign through other means.  Because of the totalitarian style of government, the 'next in line' is entirely dependent on how the current Daimakaicho 'steps down'.  If it's because she's ursuped, than whoever stole the seat takes over. If she's assassinated, then the military takes over until the residing government can finish off their power squabble and settle on a new Daimakaicho (if one has not been chosen prior), otherwise it's up to the Damkianna herself on who she feels is best suited to take over when she retires.

Asgard is a bit more peaceful in comparison, running off a sort of combined monarchy/democracy where the position of Daitenkaicho has been among the same Aesir family since the foundation of Asgard. Time and experience has allowed for a more democratic style of election for the individual believed most fitting for the position of 'Daitenkaicho, however elected representatives all need to be part of the Aesir family tree (which means Loki, if he was ever popular enough, could become the Daitenkaicho if he ran). This allows for a more accurate state leader based off the views and opinions of the people, with terms lasting up to a lifetime depending on how demanding the term is on the person that might cause them to step down sooner. People who marry in to the family have the opportunity to run as well, which creates additional freedoms and introduces new insight and possibilities to a Daitenkaicho term due to a fresh perspective.

9 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

I'll go with Niflheim first since I love my demons.

Niflheim is built on a totalitarian government system. The current Daimakaicho literally conquered all the surround lands and all its tribes and brought them together under one form of government. This has actually united the demons of Niflheim, as before they were primarily warring tribes that fought for dominance within their own territory.  There are still some smaller warring factions that have refused to unite under Niflheim that live on the outskirts of the territory, but these 'Wilder' tribes can be intergrated beneath the Daimakaicho's reign through other means.  Because of the totalitarian style of government, the 'next in line' is entirely dependent on how the current Daimakaicho 'steps down'.  If it's because she's ursuped, than whoever stole the seat takes over. If she's assassinated, then the military takes over until the residing government can finish off their power squabble and settle on a new Daimakaicho (if one has not been chosen prior), otherwise it's up to the Damkianna herself on who she feels is best suited to take over when she retires.

Asgard is a bit more peaceful in comparison, running off a sort of combined monarchy/democracy where the position of Daitenkaicho has been among the same Aesir family since the foundation of Asgard. Time and experience has allowed for a more democratic style of election for the individual believed most fitting for the position of 'Daitenkaicho, however elected representatives all need to be part of the Aesir family tree (which means Loki, if he was ever popular enough, could become the Daitenkaicho if he ran). This allows for a more accurate state leader based off the views and opinions of the people, with terms lasting up to a lifetime depending on how demanding the term is on the person that might cause them to step down sooner. People who marry in to the family have the opportunity to run as well, which creates additional freedoms and introduces new insight and possibilities to a Daitenkaicho term due to a fresh perspective.

So..Ansuz could be the next Daitenkaichou, since she married Tyr.

Does it means that even Keiichi could be elegible, if he marries Belldandy and becomes a god?

Posted (edited)

On 8/3/2017 at 2:39 PM, Urd said:

I must admit i'm kinda torn being admiration, confusion and something in between to the fact that you create concepts in your story that you're not even sure you're gonna use XD

I've had several people send me messages: "I've got this great idea, so if you could just write it up into a story..."
Yeah. ‘Just do’ 99% of the work for you. Riiiiight. If it’s so easy, do it yourself.
If you want me to write your story, you’d better have a hell of a lot more than ‘an idea’.

Ideas are cheap. Ideas are easy. Working them into a story is not. Organizing ideas, putting them into words that make sense, wrapping them around characters in a believable way, and then hardest of all, not using the ones that don’t fit, no matter how fond you are of them. I’ve got whole passages I’ve worked over until they’re perfect — and then they just don’t belong in the story.

Fortunately, I’ve got other passages just as good, that do. My current problem is, there’s a big gap between where the story is now and those scenes. Sometimes it’s dog work filling in the gaps, getting from one brilliant, satisfying chapter to another one that takes place two days later and trying to figure out what the hell everybody does between now and then.

Yeah, I’ve seen all the advice about ‘leave out the boring parts’ but if you do too much of that, you don’t have a story. You have a bunch of unconnected events happening to empty shells that are supposed to represent people and the readers will quite properly walk away. They will be much worse than bored; they will be uninterested. Real people do boring things, and what boring things they do and how they do them provides hints about who they are. You have to work the boring stuff in somehow, without dwelling on it.

———————————

Mark: "Oh, yes. I've met several of his girlfriends, in fact. The most appalling bunch of bloodthirsty amazons you ever saw. God, they were frightening."

Edited by Imaginos1892

15 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

I've had several people send me messages: "I've got this great idea, so if you could just write it up into a story..."
Yeah. ‘Just do’ 99% of the work for you. Riiiiight. If it’s so easy, do it yourself.
If you want me to write your story, you’d better have a hell of a lot more than ‘an idea’.

Ideas are cheap. Ideas are easy. Working them into a story is not. Organizing ideas, wrapping them around characters in a believable way, and then hardest of all, not using the ones that don’t fit, no matter how fond you are of them. I’ve got whole passages I’ve worked over until they’re perfect — and then they just don’t belong in the story.

Fortunately, I’ve got other passages just as good, that do. My current problem is, there’s a big gap between where the story is now and those scenes. Sometimes it’s dog work filling in the gaps, getting from one brilliant, satisfying chapter to another one that takes place two days later and trying to figure out what the hell everybody does between now and then.

Yeah, I’ve seen all the advice about ‘leave out the boring parts’ but if you do too much of that, you don’t have a story. You have a bunch of unconnected events happening to empty shells that are supposed to represent people and the readers will quite properly walk away. They will be much worse than bored; they will be uninterested. Real people do boring things, and what boring things they do and how they do them provides hints about who they are. You have to work the boring stuff in somehow, without dwelling on it.

———————————

Mark: "Oh, yes. I've met several of his girlfriends, in fact. The most appalling bunch of bloodthirsty amazons you ever saw. God, they were frightening."

I know exactly what you mean. It's not creating the A and the B. It's all the space in between that kills me.

Posted (edited)

On 8/3/2017 at 3:36 PM, Urd said:

I know exactly what you mean. It's not creating the A and the B. It's all the space in between that kills me.

For me it feels more like creating the A and the G, and then trying to beat the B, C, D, E and F out of your head and onto the screen. So far I think I've got the spine and one loop of the B.

Oh, and if you feel the urge to write something, WRITE IT! Even if it's not what you're 'supposed' to be writing now, if it's ten chapters later, even if you're not sure where it goes, get it written down. It could be what's blocking the pipe. You might want it later and find out it's not there any more. If you get enough random stuff written down and monkey around with it, something might start to make sense.

Just to be clear, I am not in any way advocating the Infinite Number Of Monkeys School Of Writing. :laugh:
Although I think I've seen some of their graduates on FanFiction. :cry:

Edited by Imaginos1892

R/L has been crazy for both Nena and I.  She is winding down an exercise while I am starting up a project that has been in the planning for some time, and has not gotten off on a good foot.  I have finally moved the chapter to the Beta for Imaginos, so we are but days away from the next chapter, which is another long one. 

If I live through this damnable exercise-which right now isn't looking too likely given how freaking ill I am already-there will also be a bonus surprise to celebrate the one year anniversary of Scarred Survivors.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the update guys.

I'll be here, earger to read new material and take a look at that bonus material. Cheers.

EDIT: any chance for an update before the regular weekend?

Edited by Urd

While we wait (and WAIT!) for Chapter 44, here’s something for us to chew on:

Why was Urd sent to Asgard?

As a favor to Tyr?
A subtle thumb in the eye to Ansuz?
As a spy? Not saying she ever did any spying for Niflheim, but might that have been the intent?
As an agent of chaos, to create discord and disruption? She is Urd, after all.
To ‘round out’ her education?
Because she would be needed as Norn of the Past, and Hild knew the balance must be maintained?
Or, to get her out of Niflheim because she would have become a vulnerable pawn in its demonic power struggles?

In the manga, it's implied that Hild did it for Tyr — but Nena's Hild seems to be a much darker person.
So, Nena, why did your Hild send her only daughter to Asgard? 

———————————

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here — this is the War Room!

Edited by Imaginos1892

1 hour ago, Imaginos1892 said:

While we wait (and WAIT!) for Chapter 44, here’s something for us to chew on:

Why was Urd sent to Asgard?

As a favor to Tyr?
A subtle thumb in the eye to Ansuz?
As a spy? Not saying she ever did any spying for Niflheim, but might that have been the intent?
As an agent of chaos, to create discord and disruption? She is Urd, after all.
To ‘round out’ her education?
Because she would be needed as Norn of the Past, and Hild knew the balance must be maintained?
Or, to get her out of Niflheim because she would have become a vulnerable pawn in its demonic power struggles?

In the manga, it's implied that Hild did it for Tyr — but Nena's Hild seems to be a much darker person.
So, Nena, why did your Hild send her only daughter to Asgard? 

———————————

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here — this is the War Room!

As much as an interesting question that is, don't think we'll ever see it answered in the SS world, just because this story is not about Urd.

Origins and AB, at some extent (Origins mainly) do touch that subject thou.

1 hour ago, Urd said:

As much as an interesting question that is, don't think we'll ever see it answered in the SS world, just because this story is not about Urd.

Origins and AB, at some extent (Origins mainly) do touch that subject thou.

She's the second or third most important character! I'd say the story is a lot about her.
I think the story is about Belldandy, Urd, Keiichi, Aiko, Lind, Skuld, the Morisato family, Team 12, the angels of course, the others we've seen, and probably more we haven't seen yet.

Sometimes Nena provides Lore, and Backstory, and she might grace us again if we're nice to her.

Edited by Imaginos1892

26 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

She's the second or third most important character! I'd say the story is a lot about her.
I think the story is about Belldandy, Urd, Keiichi, Aiko, Lind, Skuld, the Morisato family, Team 12, the angels of course, the others we've seen, and probably more we haven't seen yet.

Sometimes Nena provides Lore, and Backstory, and she might grace us again if we're nice to her.

Yes, i know she's a "main supporting char" or something, but still, i don't think such an important subject to Urd's story will be touched in SS.. Just my 2 cents