Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Nena Camadera    54
Nena Camadera

Yokota is cursed.  I swear to the gods above it is.  There is always, always some strange, stupid bullshit happening on this base that makes everything in Korea look somehow sane and normal.  It's in an excellent location, don't get me wrong, but I think there was a reason the Japanese were so willing to give it up as one of their bases to one of ours.  My supervisor wore his pink reflective belt in protest.  Between all of us (no code on color) our shop looked like the goddamned Power Rangers.  All we were missing was a Red Belt, and we'd be set.

Never got an explanation, either.

Anyways, that aside, I'm about seven pages into the next chapter, as I'm finally getting back into my element as an author where the words flow like water in a stream.  I've also got Monday through Wednesday off, which will help alot and will probably be necessary, as I'll be working through the next weekend for an airshow event called 'Frendship Festival, which is an OPSEC/Threat Working Group nightmare.

Hope y'all are ready.  I'm getting back to my roots with these next chapters.

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
21 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

Yokota is cursed.  I swear to the gods above it is.  There is always, always some strange, stupid bullshit happening on this base that makes everything in Korea look somehow sane and normal.  It's in an excellent location, don't get me wrong, but I think there was a reason the Japanese were so willing to give it up as one of their bases to one of ours.

Maybe there's a scary cave under it, something dark lurking inside? A rift? An old, cranky, curmudgeonly Earth Spirit?

11 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

Anyways, that aside, I'm about seven pages into the next chapter, as I'm finally getting back into my element as an author where the words flow like water in a stream.  I've also got Monday through Wednesday off, which will help a lot and will probably be necessary, as I'll be working through the next weekend for an airshow event called 'Frendship Festival, which is an OPSEC/Threat Working Group nightmare.

Good to hear. It's always great when the words flow, even better when they're the words you need to flow. I've been getting words for the last couple of weeks, but they're in Chapter 7 and I'm trying to finish Chapter 5. Ah, well, words is words and progress is progress. If it was easy, there wouldn't be so many crappy stories out there.

Hmmmm. Methinks you're talking about the fist-shaking, saber-rattling, make-my-day kind of 'Friendship Festival' there, right? A 'You can be our friend, or a casualty' festival. My kind of shindig!
———————————
It takes two to make peace. It only takes one to make war.

Nena Camadera    54
Nena Camadera
5 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Hmmmm. Methinks you're talking about the fist-shaking, saber-rattling, make-my-day kind of 'Friendship Festival' there, right? A 'You can be our friend, or a casualty' festival. My kind of shindig!

What?! No! As in, we have static displays of all our aircraft and open the doors for the locals to come on base for the weekend and take pictures, play games, and eat American Cheesecake and apple pie.

It's an OPSEC nightmare because we still have to watch for folks on Santa's Naughty List.

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892

I see, a Friendship Festival for Japan. That makes sense. The other kind would be for that fat little spoiled brat up in North Korea.

5 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

It's an OPSEC nightmare because we still have to watch for folks on Santa's Naughty List.

Most of which would be sent by the fat little spoiled brat.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    46
Urd
13 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Sorry, Urd, I don't feel free to say anything about a new chapter until Idi posts it, not even that I have or haven't seen it yet. All bets are off after it's up!
———————————

I find it particular annoying when you put things in a perspective as someone was trying to extract privilegiated info from you. The question was directed to the authors..but anyway...

After all it seems my crystal ball was not THAT wrong after all. It needs some fine tunning.

Edited by Urd

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

next chapter is in BETA now.  Sorry for the delay.  

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
16 hours ago, Urd said:

I find it particular annoying when you put things in a perspective as someone was trying to extract privilegiated info from you. The question was directed to the authors..but anyway...

Didn’t mean it that way; I was just explaining why I didn’t answer the question, to everybody.

16 hours ago, Urd said:

After all it seems my crystal ball was not THAT wrong after all. It needs some fine tuning.

Make it stop predicting a month between chapters! Make it stooooooop!
———————————
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here — this is the War Room!

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    46
Urd
11 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

———————————

That, my friend, would require a gnome to be sacrificed.

Provide me with a healthy gnome and i'll make it happen. ;)

Edited by Urd
grammar

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

Chapter is posted.  Urd was 1 day off.  

Nena Camadera    54
Nena Camadera

New chapter is UP!

HotelKatz    46
HotelKatz

I'll type the first thing that came to me after reading the chapter.

That Terminator Belldandy is out there. It She can't be bargained with; it  she can't be reasoned with. It She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it she absolutely will not stop, EVER, until you are DEAD.

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
4 hours ago, Urd said:
13 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

That, my friend, would require a gnome to be sacrificed.

Provide me with a healthy gnome and I'll make it happen. ;)

Why do you have to waste a healthy gnome?

“She's...sick.  I know this in my dreams but I don't know how I know, but I do. She’s dressed in dirty white rags, and her skin is white. Not peach or pink like you or me, but white. Her hair is white, but it's all messy and matted, and her eyes...” Stuart shuddered. “Her eyes are white too. White like a corpse, like they're covered in cataracts, but somehow she can still see because she'll look right at me and just...just...”

Why would Stewie-the-perv be having nightmares about Rota, as a Deadite?

Behind her, the heavy wooden doors that led into the courtroom splintered and cracked with a sharp snap, and those near the doors jumped back, their voices rising in protest.

Belldandy! Bad Goddess! You broke the courthouse!

Let's do this. Time to save Aiko and kick some demon ass.

A Cliffhanger! You made a Cliffhanger! Again! You're killing us, Nena!

At least there's cause for hope. You said you've made good progress on Chapter 46, the words are flowing, and you've got a few days off. Can we, dare we, hope for the answers in a week? Puhleeeeeze? Or will you make poor Aiko suffer on, and on, waiting for you to resolve her fate? She's counting on you!
———————————
At my house, the 'things that go bump in the night' are cats.