Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Urd    46
Urd
43 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

Is Stewart an individual of such interest that he affects the grand scheme of things for otherworldy beings?

Who is Stewart, by the way?

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
12 minutes ago, Urd said:

Who is Stewart, by the way?

Nena mis-types 'Stuart' sometimes. I may be contributing to the problem with 'Stewie-the-perv'. Not gonna stop, though!

Nena Camadera    53
Nena Camadera

Y'know, we probably shouldn't have picked a common name with various spelling discrepancies for our main antagonist for this part of the series...

But it's okay, since Imaginos is the direct contributor to the confusion in my head, he gets to suffer bonus rounds whenever beta reads come up.

Sorry Urd. Reference was from Stephen King's IT, the 2017 (not 1990) adaptation of the book by the same name.  Joke was that no one knows what the hell is going on or even what the hell they're going up against, which is pretty much all IT is about-a group of people going up some kind of Lovecraftian horror that takes the form of their biggest fears.

Urd    46
Urd
16 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

Y'know, we probably shouldn't have picked a common name with various spelling discrepancies for our main antagonist for this part of the series...

But it's okay, since Imaginos is the direct contributor to the confusion in my head, he gets to suffer bonus rounds whenever beta reads come up.

Sorry Urd. Reference was from Stephen King's IT, the 2017 (not 1990) adaptation of the book by the same name.  Joke was that no one knows what the hell is going on or even what the hell they're going up against, which is pretty much all IT is about-a group of people going up some kind of Lovecraftian horror that takes the form of their biggest fears.

Fine, time for some midnight rambling then...

Urd    46
Urd
5 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

My biggest questions for you all is this: Does Keiichi, a mere mortal who has already obtained his 'wish' (or in this case given it to Belldandy, who got her wish) have any other real affect on Niflheim based off the actions he may or may not do?  Is he a person of such interest to Niflheim, and if so, why? Or is he an inconvenience that managed to get one over on a demon or two once upon a time with some serious backup?  Is Stewart an individual of such interest that he affects the grand scheme of things for otherworldy beings? Or is he a component in something bigger?  Does Aiko, a mortal with no relationship to the gods that her brother did not grant her, have any real affect on these entities? Do any of these mortals do? Or are they all just cogs in a bigger machine at this point?

Does everything need to center around a mortal? Or is it possible that it has more to do with another individual, one of the gods, for example or even a demon/god that has not been revealed yet? A mixture of both? None of the above?

Let's go with logic then (or what's left of it...)

Let's try to look at a broader picture.

A mortal means nothing in the grand scheme of things. If Niflheim (Hild, in particular) is planning something in the long run, then for sure Keiichi and Aiko and Stuart and Aoshima are just insignificant paws. The target surely must have been a god/demon.

Now, if i have to theorize...a grand plan would probably be long, and maybe even last as long as a mortal's lifespan...

Who would gain from keiichi's failings?

If i try to look at the bigger picture...hmmm..

Who would most benefit from Keiichi's failings?

Let's try to give this a snowball effect.

If Keiichi never got his wish, or was never a target for one, Belldandy would never have entered his life. Or vice-versa, if you prefer. 
On the other hand, can we assume Belldandy got trapped in a pedo-nightmare because of Keiichi's wish in the first place?

So...Bell only got trapped in there because Keiichi was eligible for a wish...'cause if he didn't, she would never had jumped the gun (answered the phone in the first place, when there was so many indications that it was a foony call).

Or, other way to look at it...

Did Belldandy only got targeted because they wanted to prevent Keiichi from getting a wish in the first place?

But what is the big deal of preventing Belldandy from getting together with Keiichi in the first place? Or even granting K1 a wish?

Are they going to have magical babies that spit fire and control the Sun and the Moon? Jeez... Was Keiichi going to wish for Eternal Sunshine and bunnies if he got his original wish and doom the demons to a world of Happiness?

In the current arc (and this is only my opinion, ofc) If Keiichi loses his wish, Belldandy loses her wish. If Bell loses her wish, and we assume they separate, Belldandy goes down a spiral of hate and depression. If Belldandy goes down, Urd goes beserk. Urd goes beserk, Skuld gets alone all of a sudden. A solitaire Skuld is an useless Skuld (don't think she would come out any good by herself...)

Bam..you just take all 3 Norns out of comission...

But it doesn't make sense to go this way, because it only explain the 2nd half of the equation...It doesn't explain why the demons wanted to prevent Keiichi from getting a wish even before Bell went through all that hell...

If raping Aiko was a mean to get to Keiichi to fall to the "darker side" and no longer be eligible for a wish, then Belldandy would never had gone through that in the first place.

Belldandy would still be "pure", Keiichi wouldn't just had his wish.

Assuming that something went wrong in the great plan that was in motion (Keiichi saved Bell)  and now someone is trying to get it back on track, what are they're trying to fix?

They're trying to null the wish (by making Keiichi "sin")?

So what? so they can get Belldandy down and then drag the other 2 Norns with them?

This doesn't make any sense 'cause it's an endless loop.

(again, if their original plan of raping Aiko has suceeded (if Keiichi had gone downwards in a spiral of hate over it and lost access to the wish), that means the target was never Belldandy herself, or any of the Norns...just Keiichi himself.)

It seems no matter what, they are trying to corrupt Keiichi, but never directly target him. His family? Fair game...

But why is it so important to make that mortal fail? Did Hild and Tyr placed a bet on it????? jeez

Unless...(and this is me grasping at straws really)...their intention was just keeping Keiichi from ever meeting the Norns.
Because someone is afraid that maybe Keiichi would make a change in any of the Norns?

Let's see...assuming Bell never got trapped with Aoshima, IF Keiichi and her had met, like they were supposed to (and had met Urd and Skuld too) what was the best case scenario? (which is, what i assume, a certain someone tried to prevent)?

Keiichi and Bell getting married and having humans/gods hybrid babies? (this is so retarted)...

If i assume Hild is involved into this (and i am assuming), Hild's reasons always involve Urd in some way, shape or form. (usually getting Urd back to Niflheim)

So how the hell would preventing Keiichi from being with Bell help Hild in the task of getting her daugher back?

If i am to judge from <ERROR CODE> small teaser, SS Hild doesn't seem to want to get Urd back to Niflheim thou, 'cause she knows the place will destroy the Urd she loves...so...

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

I'm confusing myself... -_-

I think my problem is that i'm asking all the wrong questions...

But what are the right questions then?

Or is the answer right under my nose and i'm too blind too see it?

Edited by Urd

Urd    46
Urd
5 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

You are assuming, of course, that the wish can be retroactively nulled like that.  Does the wish recipient need to maintain their status after a wish is granted for fear of losing it?  Or are they free and clear to do as they please after the wish? 

I am assuming, yes.

Maybe part of the reason the gods study a case for so long is to make sure the individual won't fall in disgrace AFTER getting his wish and throwing all their work to the trash can...

Wouldn't make much sense otherwise, me thinks...

Just grant a wish to a seemingly good person and then pray it all goes well?

I wonder what kind of jokes the likes of Hild would make if that person would fall to corruption and despair after being granted a godly wish...

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
On 9/13/2017 at 2:32 PM, Nena Camadera said:

Hey, you can't blame it all on me! You (or Idi) used 'Stewie' first, in Chapter 41:

The older man nodded. “Some but not all,” he admitted, “Kind of feel bad about it too. One of 'em, Stewie, who you'll see on this row, didn't get a knock back. The family he screwed around with fight it at every turn. He's been here a while. Over a decade.  Been working hard at the reform and rehabilitation programs. Star inmate, if there ever was one in Level II.”

Well, if you kill 'im off in Chapter 46, we won't have to worry about it any more! :biggrin:

On 9/13/2017 at 2:32 PM, Nena Camadera said:

In 1990 it was a giant glowing hypnotic wolf spider and they killed it with silver earrings. Or did they disable it with silver, and then beat it to death with rocks? Something like that. Are you saying the remake has an even creepier critter?

About Chapter 46 — any chance? No chance? Or do we wait, and hope, and then wake up Monday and say 'Oh waaaah, maybe next week'?
Maybe Idi could give us weekly updates about the next chapter? Something quick, like 'Almost done, probably this week' or 'Half done, not a chance'?
———————————
What do you mean, I can't be a nonconformist because I don't look like the other nonconformists?

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    46
Urd

Right..my map's almost ready.

I ended up leaving lot's of free space avaiable 'cause i wanted to be able to add stuff you guys come up with.

Names of a lot of places and villages and strongholds and whatnot  are also free for grabbing, since, after all, it's your world, not mine ;) Adding a bit lof lore descriptions to some places i came up with, but nothing extraordinary.

I'm having to redo-it on a A3 sheet of paper, cause i ended up running out of space, but i should be able to show it to you very soon.

In others news, like Imaginos asked, any chance we might see chapter 46 this weekend? Or no such luck?

I'm so hyped for the battles to come.

EDIT: shady phone camera of the map. Still missing the shading and lot's of other stuff... Like i said, leaving big gaps to insert whatever you guys come up with. Will have to wait till Monday for access to an A3 scanner. Will post the little lore i have with it.

thumbnail_20170917_001147.jpg

Edited by Urd

IdiAmeanDada    46
IdiAmeanDada

Very cool!

Believe it or not, either Sunday late or Monday is what we are looking like right now.   16k words in a week has got to be some sort of record.   Good job Nena!

Nena Camadera    53
Nena Camadera

The struggle is real.  Badass map, Urd.  Imaginos is working on pointing out just how much shit my writing is right now.  Once that's done and he's done cursing me out, hopefully we'll be able to get everything posted.   

image.png

Adelance    7
Adelance

Looking forward to it :D

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
On 9/16/2017 at 1:28 PM, Urd said:

Right..my map's almost ready.

I had envisioned something with Yggdrasil running across the page, with Niflheim on the left and Asgard on the right, and branches leading to the various other realms. Midgard would be, well, kind of in the middle. Something like Roger Zelazny's Amber universe.
———————————
It’s not the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from here.

Edited by Imaginos1892