Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Urd    47
Urd

I apologize for the cuss'ness you are about to read.

Well...fuck my life.

I mean... fuck.my.life.

Where do i start?

Jeezzzuuuzzzz fucking god, where do i start?

First off, kudos to Imaginos for getting Rota-the Deadlite - square on.

I really didn't think much of that theory, only to have it slapped at my face.

Secondly, i must admit i feel kinda humbled by this chapter, in the way i thought i had at least a general direction of things...and ended up failing so badly that i prolly look like a moron right now.

So many questions after this one.

I admit the idea of Hagal wanting to target Urd entered my mind at the very beggining of SS, when they were rescuing Belldandy in Japan. But i completely dropped the theory because i couldn't find a proper reason for Hagal to want to murder Urd so badly.

I mean, it looked personal, back then....

And all this hate Hagal feels towards Urd...

All because she choose to leave Nihlheim? Because it made them look "weak"? Because it made Hild sad? Why?

I mean, part of me gets it, but is "restoring honor to Niflheim" or some shit by killing Urd, her only drive here? What good would Urd's death, in Hagal's eyes, do "for the sake of Niflheim"? (all i could think of in that moment was Ser Allister Thorne stabbing Jon Snow and saying "for the watch"...)

If her target was Urd all along, why wasn't she prepared when Urd and Skuld went to rescue Belldandy then? Why didn't she strike then? 

And Aiko...how can Aiko be any part of her plan? The whole "trapping Belldandy in a pedo nightmare" i get, since it did lure Urd out of Asgard. But why Aiko?

Why have Aiko raped even before Keiichi was going to receive his wish from Bell? (or was supposed to, anyway)..How would that help her get to Urd???

Is Hagal still playing mind games? Is she throwing sister against sister, and has further reasons for doing what she is doing, besides what she said?

EDIT: don't think i've missed the jab Hagall sent to Belldandy about the whereabouts of Aoshima...

Also, i still refuse to believe Hild knows nothing of this. I refuse to believe that there are 11 good demons (Mara and 10 associates), plus Hagal and her i don't-know-how-many associates going around wrecking shit in Midgard, wrecking shit with people close to Urd, and Hild knows nothing of it.

It's too much of a incompetent seal stamped on her forehead. Hild is just too smart, too cunning to let that happen.

The thing is. If Hild bloody knows it (and i'm banking she does) why isn't she doing anything? Is she standing in the shadows, watching the events play around her, feigning ignorance, because she wants to see what will be the outcome of this farse?

Because she wants to see how Urd reacts to it? Is she letting things go to an extreme because she wants Urd to tip over? 

Because she wants to see what she can gain from it?

And if so, are the gains so great that she's risking Urd's life to find out? Or her life has never been at risk, from Hild's perspective, from such a weak beast (Hild did kill one without any effort....)?

Is this a "kill the boy Jon Snow, and let the man be born" moment???

I would even throw a line in the water and say that maybe Hild is dying or about to end her term or whatever and Hagal is just angry and revolted that Niflheim is going to fall into civil war because there's no one fit to take the throne. And since Urd could solve that issue, but doesn't want to, Hagal lashes out to her in anger.....or maybe even she wants the throne for herself, but there are some factions who she knows would back up Urd in the absence of Hild, so she wants to eliminate that threat...

But this is just WILD speculation of my part. 

Now on to the fight.

I'm 200% sure you didn't kill any of them. A punctured lung, though serious, can be recovered from. Lind's not dead yet mates.. 'hold on to yer hats'

Urd is a little more complicated thou. You made a hole larger than my fist on WoE chest. When Gunnr's angel's leg was eaten, she lost control of the limb, like it was her leg that had been chopped off, and not her angel's. Sanngrior fell when her angel's head was chopped off, never to wake up again. Don't think Urd can go around with that kind of injury...

What now? Can Neebo heal the angel? Pfft...how do you heal a hole so big that you can probably see through World of Elegance at this point? 

Does Urd "disposes" of World of Elegance? Cuts the link somehow?

Can she go demon mode over it, and heal it? Pretty much like DBZ, where the sayians, who are broken and beated magically heal up and are bran new (and stronger) when they reach a new Sayian level?

Funny thing that, despite all the stabbing and poisoning and amist convulsions and whatnot the image that got burned in my head was Urd broken wrist and fingers poiting in awkward directions...that scene had me cringing. I dunno why, maybe it reminded of a scene in Evangelion...

Anyway...

I'm sure they are getting back to the picture...how is another matter altogether.

The snake bracelets still have to be put to use, after all!

On a small note, interesting to see that Cool Mint is not affected by the Rabishu because she has part of his DNA on her.

And i was left wondering why Urd didn't go beserk when Spear Mint and Cool Mint made WoE snap and become such a hunter with the blood trick. I half expected Urd to loose it there, but she was fine....

On the  other side of the fence, ooooohhh, Belldandy, that hurt.

I understand the uselesness, the humiliation, the...revolt she must be feeling. But she was downright mean to Urd. And i wonder how long it will take her for her to realize the mistake she just made.

And i have this feeling she won't have the opportunity to make amends with her right after this episode finishes. Is Lind finally taking her to Chugach after this is done? Is Urd going to ask her to go instead, because she's ashamed and doesn't want to confront her sister?

I was left with that impression also because Deb is never seeing Urd again. Which means: A -  Urd will be away when this ends and they'll never meet again or B: Deb is hitting the dust.

I'll place my chips on A. For now.

On the next chapter we'll probably going to see the action on the other side of the fence (Hagal vs. Mara and co and Bell and co).

The plot will thicken, but we prolly won't be seeing much of what will happen to Urd and Lind.

Which means we'll prolly have to wait weeks to find out how the hell they are getting out of this.

FUCK.MY.LIFE

Edited by Urd

Urd    47
Urd
On 16/03/2017 at 11:36 PM, Urd said:

This looks like Instant Messanger today! lol

I wonder if the contract Hagal did with Aoshima involved him torturing Belldandy so hard that she would crack and call for help from her sisters. Urd specially.

Would explain why Belldandy was so adamant on having NO ONE coming down to help her. (beside wanting to hide the humiliation, ofc)

Something like: Don't come, it's a trap!

Hmmm

Hmmmmm

And more hmmmmm....

Yup....So..it was a trap...

But again, why don't trap the mouse then? 'Cause she was alone and had no backup?

Can we assume that whoever assigned Lind to Urd knew what Hagall's reason were? One more reason for Lind to keep being assigned as her "parole officer", even after Belldandy got out of her contract with Aoshima.

But if it was for Urd's protection, it wouldn't make sense to ban her from Asgard, regardless of what she did (releasing 10th dimensional being on Midgard) because it would put Urd much closer to a possible attack from the demons....

Also, it doesn't make much sense for Rota to be the white woman that haunted Stu. I know it's her, but it just doesn't make sense.

That thing is not Rota anymore...the Valkyrie "died" fifty years or so after the Rabishu started feeding on her (and btw, either Rota had a lot of protein in store, or how the hell could the Rabishu survive for 150 years on 1 god alone? Is it that much of a slow eater???). The Rabishu doesn't seem a beast who would go out and carry out ordinary orders like: go pest this person, or go fetch this mortal or whatever.

I was under the impression that the only thing it knew what to do was to kill angels...

In summ, the Rabishu strikes me as a one tricky pony (only serves to attack angels), not an all-around-weapon like it seems in the latest chapters...

Also...

Can Hild get down here and fix this mess already? Jeez

If Urd is not coming out of it by herself and patching Lind up until they can get real medical aid (unless she goes super Sayin Demon-Urd, i don't see how), who can reach her, who can reach them in time for them not to hit the dust?

Mara and her gang? 

Nebo would be a good choice to try and help, but he's not coming unless he's called upon..so...

The damkianna in all her evil glory?

Allllsoooo...it seemed to me that Mara is some kind of intelligence officer/researcher/something. Because she didn't approve of the Rabishu's develpment (the military did) which kinda sounds like she's part of some non-military agency...Interesting...

EDIT: well, let's look at the bright picture. When all this is done, Lind can finally cut her hair...

Edited by Urd

Urd    47
Urd

Also:

[...]The Norn's face hit the ground, and with it came the heavy reek of iron and rot. She gagged, almost retched as memories of two years buried came flooding to her conscious. It's a person. She thought, and felt an overwhelming desire to giggle. Oh Yggdrasil, it's not an animal, it's a person[...]

Mara's incident where she almost seemed to have lost her voice was also 2 years ago.

So.

What the hell happened 2 years ago?

I neeeeeddd annnswweerrrsss..

Rooooarrrrr....

Edited by Urd

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
7 hours ago, Urd said:

In summ, the Rabishu strikes me as a one tricky pony (only serves to attack angels), not an all-around-weapon like it seems in the latest chapters...

Remember that they have had over 150 years to perfect this machine.  This one has been evolved to a much higher level than either then canon AE, or the one that Lind faced 150 years ago.  It's a more well rounded fighter than the last one you saw, a direct result of not only seeing Hild so easily defeat the one she faced, but Lind defeating the next one.  While its primary job is still to call out and defeat the angels, it still needs to be able to defend itself from all comers.  Otherwise, they would be easily defeated by a platoon of angel-less Valkyries, or ones who had their angels suppressed. 

I will let Nena comment on the other stuff surrounding this, but as mentioned by Mara's associate, once the Rabishu gets into the person's brain, they are more like a zombie at this point.  Think of the brain parasites from Star Trek 2, the Wrath of Kahn, only worse.

Urd    47
Urd
6 minutes ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Remember that they have had over 150 years to perfect this machine.  This one has been evolved to a much higher level than either then canon AE, or the one that Lind faced 150 years ago.  It's a more well rounded fighter than the last one you saw, a direct result of not only seeing Hild so easily defeat the one she faced, but Lind defeating the next one.  While its primary job is still to call out and defeat the angels, it still needs to be able to defend itself from all comers.  Otherwise, they would be easily defeated by a platoon of angel-less Valkyries, or ones who had their angels suppressed. 

I will let Nena comment on the other stuff surrounding this, but as mentioned by Mara's associate, once the Rabishu gets into the person's brain, they are more like a zombie at this point.  Think of the brain parasites from Star Trek 2, the Wrath of Kahn, only worse.

Fine..humor me on this one then.

The bracelet...can you point me which seashell it's made of? I'm confused?

174838830.jpg

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892

OK, that was brutal.

I hated to see what happened to Lind, but then it was, oh…yeah, that was coming, wasn’t it?

We had some technical problems with the MicroShaft tools Nena and Idi use for writing. I told Nena it was her punishment for killing off Lind, but she didn’t buy it. Hey, I tried!

Hild definitely knows something is going on now. Two demons are dead. Rota was still technically alive until the rabishu went all Alien on her, and Lind…

Urd’s bracelet was useless against that thing.

Urd’s not dead yet, and Tyr didn’t say anything about her dying. He said she had a hard road to walk, and damn, did it just get that way. World of Elegance has to survive, too, or Urd will be comatose like Lind’s flight or, maybe worse, not Urd any more. Urd, dead inside…none of us want to see that.

Hagall…Hagall you stupid, stupid bitch. Hild is going to take you away from Mara, and you will spend the next ten million years wishing you never existed. And you deserve every second of it!

So what was the point of showing Rota to Stewie-the-perv? What do they want with a broken pervert? Kidnapping Aiko to draw Belldandy and Urd out makes some twisted sense, but what use is Stewie?

Urd: “She…she’s not coming back, Brian. Not this time. She was a soldier, there was a mission, she stepped up, and…I’m sorry. She saved us all, but I couldn’t save her.”

Edited by Imaginos1892

Nena Camadera    59
Nena Camadera
2 hours ago, Urd said:

The bracelet...can you point me which seashell it's made of? I'm confused?

Bracelet is made of mixed types of seashells, though you could probably take out everything in the last right column. Discounting the snakeskin braided through it, the seashells are based off old necklaces and bracelets I had throughout my childhood growing up and which I found again in the Phillippines-all of them itsy bitsy shells from everything from mollusks to sea snails.  Really, it's up to your imagination to determine what the seashells specifically are, or how they might be stacked around the bracelet. 

10 hours ago, Urd said:

Can Hild get down here and fix this mess already?

What do you think Mara and her gang are doing?  Hild's a busy woman, and at this point in her life she's made the uncomfortable realization that she can no longer go out and do the fun stuff, and so instead has to send other people to go out and do the fun stuff for her.   

10 hours ago, Urd said:

EDIT: well, let's see at the bright picture. When all this is done, Lind can finally cut her hair...

brownie points to you for remembering the Shi Baku had a purpose.  Also, before I forget, additional brownine points to Imaginos, who had me throwing a cursing fit when he jokingly commented that it was 'Rota the Deadite' that was the White Woman.  Freaking called it man, and this after me being so careful not to give anything away.

Anyways, now that Rota and the angel eater are out of the way, I can speak a little more openly about the creature itself, though there may be some things I can't give away yet.  Like Idi said and like Mara's team spoke on, the creature is a parasite.  That being said, it's main goal is to feed off its host without killing it, for as soon as the host is dead, it's out a home, food source, and delivery platform for eggs.  A lot of its mechanisms are based off parasites in the real world, with a main focus being on parasitic wasps that feed off caterpillars and later (with the mite) other parasites. Certain species of parasitic wasp, like a potter wasp, for example, will have larvae that feed inside of a growing caterpillar.  These creatures release hormones and instictively know not to harm any of the caterpillars organs.  Other parasitic species, like a deer worm parasite, can burrow into an animal's (deer) brain and safely feed off its host without doing too much damage-though in moose, where the brain canals are different, it can damage the brain and create a 'zombie' as the moose degenerates and goes mad.  Other species, such as fungi, can seep their roots into a host insects brain and 'control' the animal from there.  All of that was used as inspiration for the angel eater itself and its actions with it's host, though the demons haven't yet perfected the 'exiting mechanism' that would allow it to leave its host alive. 

It's main mission is to take out angels without killing Valkyries-you take out the angel, the host goes into a coma, which then effectively takes that deity out of commission, thus getting around the Doublet System without killing them.  Obviously, if Rota is an example, it's not a perfect system, per say, but...well, that's what research grants are for.  Research grants and a willingness to sacrifice the occasional demon for progress.

Urd    47
Urd
17 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Urd: “She…she’s not coming back, Brian. Not this time. She was a soldier, there was a mission, she stepped up, and…I’m sorry. She saved us all, but I couldn’t save her.”

No one's dead...

..yet.

I can see Lind getting back on her feet and throwing curses all around faster than Urd at this point. Ok, she has a perfurated lung, but she can still make it.

I don't care if it's Mara, if it's Belldandy, if it's Nebo, heck, if it's Deb or the Duracell Bunny. Someone just has to come and fix the poor girl, and i don't care if they do it with blood magic or duck tape.

FIX LIND!

And while you're at it, can you fix Urd's hand too? That creeped me out.

Oh, and if it's not asking too much, can you also fix the freaking HOLE you did on World of Elegance. Thanks!!!

21 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Urd’s bracelet was useless against that thing.

I really, really really REALLY don't think we've seem the last of this bracelets yet. When they are both back on their feet, it WILL come to good use, i'm sure of it.

A nagging part of me is saying that Urd gave the bracelet to Lind so she can protect Lind from herself.... (fml, i'm just dying to see demon Urd there..)

But my crystal ball has been so wrong lately i wouldn't dare to make any bets on it.

If i stop to think about it...would it be a valid choice? A goddess would be comatose from the trauma inflicted to the angel. But what about a demon? If Urd changes to demon, can she bypass it? So as long as she stays in her demon form, can she operate with World of Elegance almost dead?

Also, quick question, how many more chapters are we expecting to see of Contra?

Urd    47
Urd

In other news (i just can't take SS out of my head today...), my Mom went out today, but i forgot to ask her to scan the map for me. So i went and scanned it on my A4 standart scanner and tried to Cut/paste the 2 parts on paint (it sucks...)

Added numbers so it's easier to identify the places.

Also, this map was made with the original Niflheim background in mind (realm of ice. Since Muspelheim is south of it, the clash of heat and ice would make it the realm of mist). I altered it so Helheim is south of it instead.

The more you guys add descriptions of the place and what we can expect there, the more i think this map is all wrong, but meh...nothing an eraser can't fix. Adding the small descriptions i have of the place in another post.

map.jpg

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892

Go to this site and download GIMP. Very powerful free image editing program.

World of Elegance is linked to Urd's soul. Much as she talks about her 'Goddess side' and 'demon side', it's just the one soul. If she becomes soul-dead from losing World of Elegance, she might act more like a demon, but that would be because she just wouldn't care any more.

Urd    47
Urd

1 - Esharra (Home of the Ruler) - basically, Hild's "castle", so to speak. It's surrounded by mountains and a small forest too. Very few animal life here, since the cold is extreme. You have a lake to the west, that, like most all the water bodies in Niflheim, remains frozen during most of the year.

2 - Deadwind Pass - The only access to Esharra. There 2 ancient statues of old gods lie, now in ruins, but despite time and the harsh weather, the weapons they wield are still sharp and shiny.

3 - The Whispering Woods. A thick forest made of mostly pine cone trees. Habitated by all sort of animals, like wolves, caribou, bears, deers and hares...

4 - The ______ Lodge - the Northern most lodge in the realm. It's strategic position allow it to shelter ppl who seek an audiance with the Demon Queen, passerbys who want to visit the Well and even adventurers looking out for the  Ilati Maqatu.

5 - Ilati Maqatu (Goddess Fall) - legend says an old goddess crashed on this site after a long battle. The crater she did on impact with the thick ice never healed, and the ice never re-covered the spot either. In the bare rocks that were left as a testimony of her fall, 3 pillars stand erected. It is said that the goddess spirit still lingers in the land, and it will pass judgemnt on whoever is brave enough to seek her out. Her was the power of absolution and repentance. When the demons learned of what lied there, they asked the Damkianna to get rid of that blessed presence of their realm. Such was the superstition around the place growing that the Damkianna did eventually came down from her Keep in all her glory. She stood there, alone, surrounded by the mist so characteristic of Niflheim, with that goddess for days, until she finally returned to her keep without saying a word.
The demons never asked what the Demon Queen saw or talked about with the presence, but they eventually settled and decided to leave it be. The place is avoided altogether, but it provides a good location for preying upon fools (gods and Jotun and whatever really shows up) who feel brave enough (or desperate enough) to face the biting cold of Niflheim and all the monsters that reside within for a chance to be absolved of the sins that reside in their souls.

6 - xxx Tower. The tower that guards the river Svöl from the creatures of Tiamatu. (each river has a tower at it's end, armed with arpoons big enough to kill 2 whales in a single blow. The oceans may be frozen, but it doesn't mean they are dead, void of life. The monsters that reside beneath the thick layers of ice are really not only beasts of legend.)

7 - xx Keep. Insert lore for this one.

8 - East harbor - one of the 2 Niflheim harbors. It only admits shallow vessels, since its waters are not deep enough to receive larger ones.

9  - Bu'ildu Plains - (ghost plains) -  insert lore here

10 - Dreamweaver's forest - Being so far to the south and receiving some influence from Helheim due to its proximity to the Rift, this thick forest is covered in eternal mist that whisper the voices of madness. Some say the fog is poisoned with Nidhogg's poison, and will drive the person mad with visions of what was, what will be and what could be, but really isn't. This is where Dreamweavers alcolytes come as a final test before they are greduated. The Damkianna, recogninzing the importance of such able healers, and since there was such a high rate of failure as it was, granted safe conduct to those that travelled from the far realms to test themselves upon the misty forest. When they reached the Harbor they would speak the words "_____", and would be granted a grey wool cloak with a snake sigil to wear during all the times in the realm. The demons would not touch those who wear the clock, for they are protected by the Damkianna. It was a poisoned protection, some would say, since most of them would die anyway, if not at the hands of a demon, then to the maddness of the forest. Those who did came out of it thou, would be escorted to the harbor once more, where the cloak would be returned and they would leave to their places of origin, but not before leaving the Damkianna a token of their gratittute. The token often came in form of visions the future Dreamweavers would receive from the forest, and the Damkianna took time to read the scrolls, little as they were, that arrived her keep whenever one alcolyte managed to get out of there alive. And sane.

More to come later.

Nena Camadera    59
Nena Camadera

*Inconsolable screeches of happiness*