Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892

So…the Doublet System. If Lind dies, a demon dies. If the demon dies, Lind dies.

If Lind gets dead enough to kill the demon, that will rebound on her even if somebody tries to save her. They would both have to be saved in a very short time, and nobody would know which demon it was until it keeled over. Then somebody would have to guess why the demon croaked, figure out it was because of Lind, decide that saving the demon was worth bringing Lind back too…not seein' it.

Hey! Is Urd's Doublet a demon — or a god? Did they know she'd move to Asgard when they paired her?
———————————
The site admin has set the Member Title string limit to 40 characters. I got my Spanish Inquisition back!

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd

Im not sure the demon would feel any pain (from lind's wound), he/she would just die whenever lind would. Nevertheless, ressurrecting whoever demon is her doublet wouldnt fix her lung now, would it? 

Im dying to know who, or what are comming for them and how they are going to be saved.

If Mara gets to Urd is a no brainer she'll flip and try to save her. But when she sees lind, who is wearing urd's bracelet AND because of doublet, she'll definitely want to save lind too.

BUT, this is all academical, because Lind is NOT dead!!!

***weakly waves her Urd x Lind pompoms***

Btw, when anyone finds them, will the angels be around? Will they be able to see world of elegance body with a bloody hole in middle lying around? Or will she have disappeared to inside urd's soul again and whoever finds them will have to guess why urd's not waking up?

(If this was a parody i could see mara grabbing urd by her shirt and slapping her silly until she woke up..lol)

Im assuming the other demon you state dead is whoever was poor rota's doublet, no?

Edited by Urd

Urd    47
Urd

Continuing with the map sites...

11 - The Fallen Tree - in the times of Old, the demons, in their endless chase for power, thought they could grow another World Tree, one that did not share its power with the gods. They cast one seed from Yggdrasil in the land, performed the sacred rituals, and indeed, despite all odds, the Tree, Niggdrasil, grew. It grew for years, and it grew strong. The serpent Nidhogg thou, perhaps understanding the need for Balance in the Universe, or perhaps in a fit of rage over the audacity of the demon race, was mad. It tore through the wall and travelled all the way to Gunthrá's banks, but it did not cross it. The demons thought themselves safe, for the serpent woud not dare touch the water. Niddhog hissed and shrieked and squirmed, and it released a bolt of magic so strong and bright from it's jaws that it lit the entire Niflheim's sky. When it was done, the Tree was dead, it's bark cut in the base by the blast, it's roots forever burned and dead under the magic of the Great Serpent. The demons never attempted to invoke Nidhogg's wrath again after the fiasco.

12 - Hvelgelmir - the Well from which all the rivers come from. (i only did 4 for lack of space..and because in SS Universe, water has to be scarse...). Beneath the thick layer of ice, the water sprouts and runs upwards magically. It is said that the waters from the Well can heal or they can kill, depending on the Old God's mood.

13 - _____ Fortress - insert lore of which tribe habits here, how many they are, etc...

14 - ____ Peak - Niflheim's highest peak. It is said that one can see the whole world from the top, that it is so high it rises above the mist. The Damkianna took her offspring to the very summit once, and showed her the very realm she one day should rule. People say little Urd came down white as a ghost and with a sollen expression on her face after the ordeal.

15 - The Hungering Cavers - insert lore for this one

16 - The Stairways of Ascession - it was in this crooked mountain, in its warped steps that Hild chased the last tribe that refused to submit to her rule. She went up as a Conqueror and came down as a Demon who wore no crown, but they should all call their Queen.

17 - The Crag - insert lore for this one

18 - The ____ Village. A Village inside a vale. It was built with access to the only portion of fresh water in the realm that it not frozen during all year because of the presence of small geysers in the land. Insert lore of the tribe that holds it.

19 - Yggdrasil Roots. The roots of the World Tree, where Nidhogg comes to feast everyday.

20 - Nidhogg's Lair. The place where the serpent rests and sleeps until it is hungry again.

More to come

Edited by Urd

Urd    47
Urd

21 -  The Scar - When Nidhogg tore through the wall and its mad march towards Niggdrasil, the demons tried to intercept it and send it back to its lair. What ensued was such a carnificine, such a battle of magic and weapons alike, that the land was forever scarred and damaged as a result.

22 - The Serpent Wall  - Nidhogg will not dare touch the waters that come from Hvelgermir, even if they are frozen. It will not climb the mountains to the west and south either, but there is a small passage to the east that used to grant the Great Serpent an escape from its Lands, where it could roam free. The demons to the south, desperatly needing safety in the warmer lands to tend to their crops, built a wall of stone so thick that 5 man could ride breast to breast on top of it. Yet the Serpent destroyed it like it was made of clay when it wanted to get out. In its way to Niggrasil, it ruined the crops and killed whoever stood in its path. Once it came back to its lair, the demons started building a second wall, this one made of frozen blocks of water from the Fjörm river, which they believe the Serpent won't dare to touch.

23 - ____ Hold - The place where the demons that guard the wall live. Serving at the hold is considered torture for many demons, who listen to the Great Serpent hisses and shrieks every time it comes out of its lair to feed upon Yggdrasil's roots.

24 - ___ Tower. The tower that stand guard over Gunthrá.

25 - ____ Retreat. A small retreat to the south. Surrounded by light woods and the only lake that has liquid water all year long, due to its proximity to the Rift's heat. It's only access is through the valley to the North, which is home to so many deadly species of animals that the site is pretty much cut from the rest of the realm. It wouldn't be a place worth much attention, if not for the fact that it was to this place that the Damkianna came, all the way from Esharra and accompanied only by her trusted Goetia, to give birth to her only offspring.

26 - ___ Tower. The tower that stands guard over Fjörm.

27 - ___ Ruins. Insert lore here

28 - The West Harbor -  Niflheim's most important harbor, since it's the only one that can harbor larger vessels. Niflheim's main site of trading with other realms.

29 - ___ Keep - insert lore for this one.

30 - ___ Insert lore for this one.

31 - ___ Lake. Niflheim's main source of potable water during the winter. The geyser's surrounding the land allow it to de-freeze for larger periods of time.

32 - ___ Cavern/Lair. Insert lore for this one.

33 - the Rift. A deep chasm that cuts through the land and separates Niflheim from Helheim. There is no coming back from a fall to its lava pits...

34 - Mitutu Kur ( The Dead Lands ) - Helheim

35 - The tower that stands guard over Ylgr.

So this is what i got. I didn't put names in any Keep / Hold / Fortress or tribes 'cause i don't want to meddle that far. I'm leaving that to you guys. Left lot's of free space, specially to the south, where it's supposed to be warmer (and prone to house more people ), so i can add whatever you guys come up with.

Feel free to change anything. There is nothing my eraser can't fix ;)

Edited by Urd

Nena Camadera    61
Nena Camadera

Good lord Urd, this is amazing. No lies.  We have fanon of a fanfiction that is AU from canon now. 

To celebrate, 'cause this put me in a good mood like nothing else, here's some additional lore to munch on:

The Wilder Tribes are those last remaining demon tribes that still maintain their original way of life... even if that means hunting and slaying eachother out in what is collectively known as the Badlands located on the outskirts of Niflheim.  You'll hear more about them in upcoming chapters, and I only mention them because they have a small bit of relevance to the story later.  The tribes are run in a heirarchy where the strongest warriors are the acting powers of authority, and because of their viciousness and uncontrollable ways, The Damkianna doesn't normally bother with them.  When she does, its to ensure certain and specific tribes remain under her thumb, which in turn keeps the other tribes in line if any uprisings occur.  Depending on how the story progresses, I might add some more details to that.

Regarding the Doublet System:

It is a Clandestine fact that there is a Falkin Intelligence Organization (FIO) whose entire purpose is discovering what demon is connected to what god, and then passing that knowledge on to a secondary orgnaization that places those specific demons in places/positions of power/risk depending on the god they are connected with.  This is something known only to the highest Falkin authorities, but Asgardian Intelligence asses that this FIO is the reason on why certain demons are segregated into specific positions in Niflheim-such as demons born into a high place of power placed in a relatively dangerous career field, though the demon and surrounding family in question may have never upset the Daimakaicho Herself, though none of this has ever been confirmed.  Because of the rumors that surround this, however, a popular method to counter the FIO is to simply 'rename' gods of specific career fields, most commonly Full-Fledged Valkyries and War-Blooded Aesir who might go up against demons in their lifetimes.  Usually, gods and goddess will pick from a variety of common names upon graduating from an acolyte position to one of a Valkyrie or Aesir, and because of the commoness of these names, it is said to make it more difficult for the FIO to figure out 'which' Valkyrie that might be assigned to a specific mission.  In example:  At any time there might be as many as two hundred Linds or one hundred and fifty Rotas or seventy Sanngriors active in the military.  Is Demon A the doublet of Rota A who works C-IED in the field? Rota B who works finances? Rota C who works sanitation? Or Rota D who's part of a SOF unit?

There are also rumors surrounding this tactic that state a simple change in name has destroyed decades of research and archiving and has left to a reorganization of power in certain FIO units.

And as for Urd's doublet...nobody knows.  Nobody knows if its a demon or a goddess, as Urd was sent to Asgard intentionally in the middle of everyone being assigned doublets.  No one is certain if she had one before she left, and no one knows if she was given one after she left.  It was an intentional ploy that was said to have been used by both the Damkianna and the Daitenkaicho, though similar to clandestine FIO that archive doublets, there has never been any proof, and has more commonly been dismissed as a conspiracy theory at worst, a joke at least.

Urd    47
Urd
27 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

Good lord Urd, this is amazing. No lies.  We have fanon of a fanfiction that is AU from canon now. 

To celebrate, 'cause this put me in a good mood like nothing else, here's some additional lore to munch on:

The Wilder Tribes are those last remaining demon tribes that still maintain their original way of life... even if that means hunting and slaying eachother out in what is collectively known as the Badlands located on the outskirts of Niflheim.  You'll hear more about them in upcoming chapters, and I only mention them because they have a small bit of relevance to the story later.  The tribes are run in a heirarchy where the strongest warriors are the acting powers of authority, and because of their viciousness and uncontrollable ways, The Damkianna doesn't normally bother with them.  When she does, its to ensure certain and specific tribes remain under her thumb, which in turn keeps the other tribes in line if any uprisings occur.  Depending on how the story progresses, I might add some more details to that.

Hmm...

Could you open the map, put a green number where you want Badlands to be, the name of its Keep, and i'll add it to the map?

Urd    47
Urd

Oh, btw, i had forgotten about this. I made this draft when we were at My Angel's arc, but then i couldn't find it again to do the final piece on a decent piece of paper.

My Angel's gone now, so i'm not sure it's worth anymore...but anyway, here was my first draft of Holy Bell.

20170919_123724.jpg

Nena Camadera    61
Nena Camadera

It's still worth it.  You make me want to draw Holy Bell in her sweater cuddled up with World of Elegance.  It's a good draft too-you hit the most obvious external injuries straight on.

The Badlands are situated close to the border of Helheim.  The tribes there would have been pushed as close to the Rift as possible in order to keep them as far away from the rest of Niflheim as possible, and the lands they have are barren and with little by way of food, water, or farmable terrain.

Urd    47
Urd
20 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

It's still worth it.  You make me want to draw Holy Bell in her sweater cuddled up with World of Elegance.  It's a good draft too-you hit the most obvious external injuries straight on.

The Badlands are situated close to the border of Helheim.  The tribes there would have been pushed as close to the Rift as possible in order to keep them as far away from the rest of Niflheim as possible, and the lands they have are barren and with little by way of food, water, or farmable terrain.

Adding it to the map.

I'm going to refrain from drawing World of Elegance or Holy Bell for the time being, the first 'cause the hole you created in the poor thing that is still engraved in my head and i'd rather wait to see how she will be after this ordeal is done, and the second 'cause i want to know how it will be her state after the end of Contra too. I'm inclined to add some tiny feathers sprouting. If they are indeed sprouting...

Btw, question: can whatever method they use to save WoE (if she is indeed being saved) be used to save Peregrine's flight angels too?

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
6 hours ago, Urd said:

I'm not sure the demon would feel any pain (from Lind's wound), he/she would just die whenever Lind would. Nevertheless, resurrecting whoever demon is her doublet wouldn't fix her lung now, would it?

Re-read what I wrote. If the demon paired with Lind dies, nothing they do will bring Lind back unless somebody also brings the demon back to life at the same time.
No, the demon wouldn't feel anything, just keel over for no apparent reason. There might be a minor light show as the Doublet spell executes.

4 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

And as for Urd's doublet...nobody knows.  Nobody knows if its a demon or a goddess, as Urd was sent to Asgard intentionally in the middle of everyone being assigned doublets.  No one is certain if she had one before she left, and no one knows if she was given one after she left.  It was an intentional ploy that was said to have been used by both the Damkianna and the Daitenkaicho, though similar to clandestine FIO that archive doublets, there has never been any proof, and has more commonly been dismissed as a conspiracy theory at worst, a joke at least.

Wow, in all that confusion is it possible that Urd…slipped through the cracks? Both sides thought the other side assigned her a Doublet?

4 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

The Wilder Tribes are those last remaining demon tribes that still maintain their original way of life... even if that means hunting and slaying each other out in what is collectively known as the Badlands located on the outskirts of Niflheim.  You'll hear more about them in upcoming chapters, and I only mention them because they have a small bit of relevance to the story later.  The tribes are run in a hierarchy where the strongest warriors are the acting powers of authority, and because of their viciousness and uncontrollable ways, the Damkianna doesn't normally bother with them.  When she does, its to ensure certain and specific tribes remain under her thumb, which in turn keeps the other tribes in line if any uprisings occur.  Depending on how the story progresses, I might add some more details to that.

Then there would be the occasional Wilder Demons who decide to go live under the Damkianna's rule, right? They would strike a contract with Hild, and depending on the terms might get better treatment than some of the 'native' Niflheimian demons. All sorts of opportunity for envy and mischief there but hey, that's what makes Niflheim such a fun place!
———————————
They said I can't be a nonconformist because I'm not like the other nonconformists.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd
2 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Re-read what I wrote. If the demon paired with Lind dies, nothing they do will bring Lind back unless somebody also brings the demon back to life at the same time.
No, the demon wouldn't feel anything, just keel over for no apparent reason. There might be a minor light show as the Doublet spell executes.

Ah, i understand now.

Well, i don't think so much like that. In the case of Death by Doublet, i would think that if whoever was the 'cause of the double kill was brought back to life (in this case, Lind) the counterpart was also brought back, because there's really nothing wrong with them... it's not their bodies who betrayed them...just the connection to their divine/demonic counterpart.

As for Urd's doublet...to me either she has 2 doublets (1 demonic and 1 divine) or she has none..

Doesn't make any sense to have only 1.

I would bet Hild arranged everything so her dearest daughter was free was those shackles...even if it is a double edged sword...no one can kill Urd via Doublet, but, on the other hand, if someone does manage to kill her, there would be no harm done to anyone else....

Nena Camadera    61
Nena Camadera
4 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

If the demon paired with Lind dies, nothing they do will bring Lind back unless somebody also brings the demon back to life at the same time.

Dead is dead.  Once a doublet pair die, they are no longer bound to eachother because both of their life forces would no longer be attached to eachother.

Wow, in all that confusion is it possible that Urd…slipped through the cracks? Both sides thought the other side assigned her a Doublet?

4 hours ago, Urd said:

As for Urd's doublet...to me either she has 2 doublets (1 demonic and 1 divine) or she has none..

Nobody knows.

Then there would be the occasional Wilder Demons who decide to go live under the Damkianna's rule, right? They would strike a contract with Hild, and depending on the terms might get better treatment than some of the 'native' Niflheimian demons.

Not generally, no.  The Wilder are different from Niflheimian demons in the fact that they refuse to obey anyone deemed weaker then them.  Unless Hild goes out and conquers every single tribe and re-instates herself as the leader of each and every one, regardless of political affiliations or blood fueds for those specific tribes, it most likely wouldn't happen.  On top of that, few of them would be able to adapt to Niflheim's society unless indoctrinated from an early age-people get set in their ways the older they get, and the Wilder are very, very set in their ways.

Now that's not to say that some children haven't been gifted to the Daimakaicho as prizes for her conquest of certain and specific tribes...