Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Urd    47
Urd

lso, i forgot.

Was super-strange to see Mara adressing Urd as xxx-san.

Hild-sama and whatnot i'm used to...but this :grin:

There was a lot of Falken going around this time. Some you've explained in the bottom notes. Care to explain what the rest of the Falken means?

Nena Camadera    59
Nena Camadera

Ah, Jeeze, here I go killing writing paragraphs again.

Hagall frowned at the small group, her eyes narrowing to bright blue slits.  “And what would a goddess like you know of such things, Igibala?”  It was Urd’s turn to flinch.  “You are not of our stock.  You do not even have the right to refer to the Damkianna by her given title- refer to her as your chosen people do, shahniga- as the Daimakaicho.  You, of everyone here, have no right to call her by our title.”  The hate in Hagall's voice was astounding in its intensity, and Urd recoiled as Hagall hacked and spat on the ground.  Ni gis kas tag til nigin'zu,” she hissed, then gestured to her loins.  Lind, as ignorant as the rest of them in terms of Falken terminology, recognized an insult when she saw one.   

Urd's lip peeled up in the start of a snarl, and her cheeks flushed a deep scarlet.  “Peh ninin nam'us-tal!” she roared back, and the venom in her voice made both Debra and Lind retreat from her.  “Is this what this is all about?!” she demanded in English.  “All of this?  Because I did not choose Niflheim?!” 

“You are a plague to Niflheim,” Hagall continued.  “A sleeping disease, an incubating virus, a worm-infested zibanitum that the Damkianna loves and grooms and plays with, ignoring the foam at your mouth and the wheezing in your swollen throat!” she screamed.  “What I do- all of what I do, what I have done, what I am doing, and what I will do- is for the sake of Niflheim!” she growled.  “If I must stake a lure to bring the zibanitum from its den, so be it.”  She gestured to Belldandy.  “If I must lay a steak at its feet to make it stand still, then so be it.”  She pointed next to Keiichi.  “And if that is what it takes to lure that zibanitum from its den in order to shoot it, then so be it, I shall bring my gun, I shall bring my axe, and when I shoot it I shall cut off its head and bury it far from Niflheim, where it cannot poison the land or pollute the water.”  She pointed to Urd.  “You are that zibanitum.  You are that mad dog.  And I shall be the one to end you.”  Her smile was cruel and filled with the promise of pain.  “If I must go behind the Damkianna's back, then so be it.  If I must gamble my life in the Doublet System, then so be it!"

Igibala: Traitor 

Shahniga: "fattened pig", slang for a pampered/spoiled person of high upbringing

Ni gis kas tag til nigin'zu: "Drink my piss/eat my shit" (coincides with gesture towards genitals) Disrespectful phrase used more often towards foreigners than fellow demons, especially when said demon is considered lower ranking in the heirarchy to the foreigner in question.  Also considered a grave insult as, "You are so beneath me I would use you for a chamber pot."

Peh ninin nam'us-tal: "May you miscarry a monster and die screaming." Used mostly among female demons. Childbirth is hard on demons, and due to the oftetimes toxic enviornment Niflheim can produce, miscarries are common. Mutations in the embryo are often a source of those miscarries, and so for every demon that concieves, a risk is taken by the mother-to-be.  The insult is literally a curse of the worst possible result of any kind of pregnancy for a demon.

Zibanitum: Raving dog.  A rabid/sick/mad dog. 

Am I missing anything?

Urd    47
Urd
34 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

Am I missing anything?

Aye.

Din'gir Shagiga - Hagall to Belldandy

Ki'aga - Mara to Urd

Nena Camadera    59
Nena Camadera
Just now, Urd said:

Din'gir Shagiga - Hagall to Belldandy

Ki'aga - Mara to Urd

"Din'gir": God/Divinity/Aesir

Shagiga: Wounded.  Together: Wounded God/Sickly God (Weak Aesir)

Mara's word for Urd is a little different.  Ki'aga-san is the whole word.  'San' here isn't used as a Japanese honorific.

Ki'aga-san: A word with two distinctly different meanings, depending on contex and dialect.  "Beloved Lady" is one of them, spoken in the Wilder dialect. "Furious Storm" Is the more common, though, when spoken by a Falkin.

Urd    47
Urd
23 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

"Din'gir": God/Divinity/Aesir

Shagiga: Wounded.  Together: Wounded God/Sickly God (Weak Aesir)

Mara's word for Urd is a little different.  Ki'aga-san is the whole word.  'San' here isn't used as a Japanese honorific.

Ki'aga-san: A word with two distinctly different meanings, depending on contex and dialect.  "Beloved Lady" is one of them, spoken in the Wilder dialect. "Furious Storm" Is the more common, though, when spoken by a Falkin.

Awesome.

Thank you.

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
7 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

Am I missing anything?

Nitadam — the demon in Keiichi's watch.

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
8 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

And wow, Urd is both!

9 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

Am I missing anything?

Nitadam — the demon in Keiichi's watch.

Hey, what happened to 'Delete Post'? I was going to delete that last one but the button is gone!

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd
8 hours ago, Nena Camadera said:

Why when i re-read this post the only think i could think of was Kim Jong-Il and his "Beloved Leader" title..

oh god... :cry:

Nena Camadera    59
Nena Camadera

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

"Urd, I really don't think this is the best-"

"LAUNCH THE MISSILE!"

"But we don't have the resources-"

"DID I STUTTER?!"

"But the sanctions-"

"WE WILL SHOW THE UNITED STATES OUR MIGHTY RESOLVE! FIRE THE MISSILE TOWARDS GUAM!"

"But we don't even know if it'll travel that far!"

"OVERFLY JAPAN THEN! SHOW THOSE FOOLS WHAT BEST KOREA IS CAPABLE OF! LONG LIVE THE CHOSAN!"

"We're gonna fucking die because of this, aren't we?"

"Shh...quiet. Just do what she says! If you don't she'll execute you in front of a AAA piece and feed your remains to the dogs!"

GLORY TO THE KI'AGA-SAN URD! MAY SHE RAIN NUCLEAR MATERIAL AND BLESSINGS DOWN UPON OUR HEAD!

((Also...I... may have forgotten the meaning of nitadam...)

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
4 minutes ago, Nena Camadera said:

((Also...I... may have forgotten the meaning of nitadam...)

Maybe it's something like 'flunky' or 'underling'? Go-fer? A specific kind, classification or race of demon? A job description?

Nena Camadera    59
Nena Camadera

Peer, comrade, something to that affect.  An individual of equal standing within an organization.

Urd    47
Urd
On 18/09/2017 at 3:57 AM, Nena Camadera said:

New chapter posted!

Now with theme music!

Sorry Nimiàiaq. Sorry Tanarak.

I gotta say, after this post, i went and searched for some of Nier's OST. It's fucking amazing! If i wasn't buried to the neck with Warcraft, i would even give it a go, just for the fact that the theme music is gorgeous.

I absolutely loved this one:

Also, i leave you with some game tracks that are amongst my favourites. One is from Final Fantasy 6, and it's called "Terra's theme". I swear to the old gods and the news i'll learn to play the piano one day just because of this song and Aerith's theme...

The 2nd one is from Final Fantasy 7. "Aerith's theme". A classic.

The 3rd one is from WoW. This one has a beautiful lore story behind it. Long story short, this song is about a horse, called Invincible. He was Artha's (a very important lore figure) steed. At some point in history, the horse broke his 2 front legs and had to be put down. Arthas loved the horse thou, and when he became the Lich King, he went all the way to the place where he was buried to revive his trusty steed.

A WoW classic as well. This one is about a proud Elf Ranger (Sylvanas Windrunner) who ended up having her soul twisted and corrupted by the Lich King after she died, becoming a banshee as a result. The Dark Lady still has recollections of her times as an Elf thou...

And this one is a bonus. It's from Metal Gear Solid.