Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Urd    47
Urd
Posted (edited)

There's this one detail that has me bugging me about the last chapter.

While i'm certain nor Lind not Urd are having a paid trip to the nearest cemitery anytime soon, there's the fact that Belldandy couldn't pick up any of their auras.

Now now, we know that killing an angel doesn't kill a goddess. Sanngrior angel's head was fucking eaten in one massive chomp and she's alive (well...kind of). So we know for sure that Urd is not dead. Comatose, for sure, but not dead.

Lind we can argue about it, but i really don't believe she died (yet). She will thou, if no one moves their sorry asses to help the poor lad. 

I wonder if Belldandy wouldnt pick their auras because it's so faint as it is, and maybe because the Leylines are interfering a little with it.

Also, i forgot!!!

"when the time comes, don't let him pull the trigger"

Oohohoho...the man already has the gun. I'm betting Skuld's vision will come...soon!

Also Idi, the whole point of Hagal murdering Urd being a grave offense is kinda moot (even with the question on Urd having a doublet or not), since Hagal knows that killing the angel won't kill the goddess in question. Only disable her. That's the main reason the Rabishu is so important to the demons in the first place, right? Because it allows them to cheat with the doublet system.

For all intent and purposes, Hagal putting Urd in a coma does not warrant a punishment for her.

Edited by Urd

Urd    47
Urd
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

That's right, Urd might not have a Doublet. We don't know enough to guess.

Rota and Lind did.

We're not sure Lind's dead yet, but Rota's demon-double died when the rabishu went all Alien on her.

Yet another strike against Hagall, maybe two strikes.

I suspect that a demon would have to get authorization from Hild to kill a goddess and one of her demons.

Hmm..not sure how much of the guilt of Rota dying (and killing her doublet along with her) can be placed on Hagal. True, she did stole the Rabishu and used it without permission, and prbably sped the process, but let's be honest. That thing had been feeding on Rota's body for the past 150 years. It was only a matter of time until it just..eerrr...ran out of food? and ended up finishing Rota up.

Hild's much to blame for that one, i'm sorry to say. If the experiments are happening, they are happening with her concent and authorization.

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Urd said:

Hmm..not sure how much of the guilt of Rota dying (and killing her doublet along with her) can be placed on Hagal. True, she did stole the Rabishu and used it without permission, and prbably sped the process, but let's be honest. That thing had been feeding on Rota's body for the past 150 years. It was only a matter of time until it just..eerrr...ran out of food? and ended up finishing Rota up.

Hild's much to blame for that one, i'm sorry to say. If the experiments are happening, they are happening with her consent and authorization.

Riiiight, Hild's really gonna say, "Oh, well, that demon was going to die eventually so it's OK you made it happen a few hundred, maybe a few thousand years before I was ready."?

You really think the demon laboratory couldn't have kept them both in that condition indefinitely?

I really, really hope Rota has been comatose for these last 150 years. That her stumbling around was entirely the rabishu's doing.

And now for something completely different — what the hell did they want with Stewie-the-perv?

What do they want with Aiko? Urd is already on Midgard, banished from Asgard, what more opportunity do they need to get to her?

Any chance Skuld has Seen what's going on, might be on her way to help?

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

And now for something completely different — what the hell did they want with Stewie-the-perv?

What do they want with Aiko? Urd is already on Midgard, banished from Asgard, what more opportunity do they need to get to her?

Already asked our dearest authors about that, a few pages ago.

I still don't get why Hagal just didn't strike when Belldandy was being rescued.

She didn't have Lind on her side by then... it was a perfect opportunity. Maybe she was afraid of going head-to-head with Urd? She did get her ass kicked by Belldandy, after all... (and Bell was naked ;) )

Edited by Urd

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
16 minutes ago, Urd said:

I still don't get why Hagal just didn't strike when Belldandy was being rescued.

There are actually many reasons for this that compounded each other.    

A) They were expecting Urd to show up personally.  But Belldandy inadvertently subverted their plans by telling everyone to not interfere.  That edict, enforced by heaven itself, pretty much had them looking at each other like "Now what?".  Its not like they could force her to rescind that order.

B) Keiichi, Urd, and Skuld caught Hagall and company by surprise.  Instead of A above, they got a special forces infiltrator who effectively slipped in the back door.  One that they could not detect because he was mortal. 

C) When Urd did finally arrive (even though she was some distance away), Aoshima also inadvertently subverted them by invoking the protection clause of his contract with Hagall.  They may have known that Urd was near, and maybe were mustering to go get her, but that pesky special forces operator got to Aoshima first and he panicked and called Hagall out. 

D) And then there was the arrival at Urd's location of 3 Valkyries, including Lind.  Even if ABC had not happened, they sure as hell were not going to go after Urd with those 3 in the vicinity.  Showing their faces then would have ended up bringing down a full battalion of Valkyries.

Hope this helps!  ;)

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

There are actually many reasons for this that compounded each other.    

A) They were expecting Urd to show up personally.  But Belldandy inadvertently subverted their plans by telling everyone to not interfere.  That edict, enforced by heaven itself, pretty much had them looking at each other like "Now what?".  Its not like they could force her to rescind that order.

B) Keiichi, Urd, and Skuld caught Hagall and company by surprise.  Instead of A above, they got a special forces infiltrator who effectively slipped in the back door.  One that they could not detect because he was mortal. 

C) When Urd did finally arrive (even though she was some distance away), Aoshima also inadvertently subverted them by invoking the protection clause of his contract with Hagall.  They may have known that Urd was near, and maybe were mustering to go get her, but that pesky special forces operator got to Aoshima first and he panicked and called Hagall out.

C 1/2) Urd was masking her presence until Lind showed up. She was concealing herself from Asgard, but it worked against Hagall, too. They wouldn't have even known Urd was there until she started fighting with Lind.

8 hours ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

D) And then there was the arrival at Urd's location of 3 Valkyries, including Lind.  Even if ABC had not happened, they sure as hell were not going to go after Urd with those 3 in the vicinity.  Showing their faces then would have ended up bringing down a full battalion of Valkyries.

Hope this helps!  ;)

E) Belldandy was set free, and proceeded to kick Hagall's ass up one side and down the other. I think Hagall fears Belldandy, especially her left! And now that she's been working out with Keiichi, Urd and Skuld she's even more dangerous.

This would make the rabishu something like Plan F then. Something they hadn't even been contemplating until their other plans went down the shitter. Something they wouldn't have done before they screwed the pooch, only now they're too obsessed to think straight. They are locked into This Plan, and It Must Succeed At Any Cost. Letting it go, coming up with something new, trying again is Just Unacceptable.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd
1 hour ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Riiiight, Hild's really gonna say, "Oh, well, that demon was going to die eventually so it's OK you made it happen a few hundred, maybe a few thousand years before I was ready."?

You really think the demon laboratory couldn't have kept them both in that condition indefinitely?

I'm not saying it was ok for killing her sooner. I'm saying that she (Hagal) does not bear the weight of her death alone.

Hild had already condemmed her to certain death more than a century ago. Heck, if we take in consideration the state the poor thing was, i actually think Hagal did the lad a favor...

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
Posted (edited)

What's this, no posts for over 24 hours? Guess it’s time to stir up some more trouble and poke the ol’ hornet nest again. :biggrin:

“It's radioactive, Belldandy.”  Debra emphasized the word 'radioactive', speaking slowly and drawing the word out in a long breath as though speaking to a slow child.  “If we go in there without protection, we could die.  Do you understand that?  We don't know what the half-life on this place is or what kind of rads this area is pumping out, and unless you want us both to start vomiting blood while you have a go at Hagall, we need to either draw her out or find some suits to protect ourselves.”

“Raaay-dee-ohh-aaack-tiive…” OK, she’s freaking out over nothing there. They both are. After 60 years, the hazard would be minimal. Casual exposure for an hour or two shouldn’t have any significant effects; plants, animals, bugs and birds have been living in there for decades. Just don’t go rooting in the radioactive dirt. Wouldn’t want to stay in there for a couple of months, though!

From what Belldandy said, she permanently stopped the radiation. That’s going to have…interesting consequences when somebody notices.

“You’re not going to believe this, but all the radiation in the Treasure Island nuclear hazard zone is gone. I don’t just mean it’s been miraculously cleaned up, I mean there is NO radiation. None. Not even the little bit you’d expect in a place that hasn’t been used to store nuclear waste. It — it’s downright unnatural.”

Did she convert all the radioactive atoms into stable isotopes, or do something tenth-dimensional that keeps unstable nuclei from breaking down?
———————————
Please try to remain calm. You can panic if you want to, but it won’t help.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd

I actually have this stupid scene on my head, where in the near future Lind and Urd are magically fixed (still have to work on proper theories for THAT), and Lind is openly staring at Urd.

Lind: *staring*

Urd: what?

Lind: you're...alive!

Urd: errmm...yes?

Lind: and you're...talking!

Urd: errmmm...yes again?

Lind: but your angel...and you're talking! Your angel got pwned and here you are, ripe as rain, talking to me!!!

Urd: taking the risk sounding repetitive...yes?

Lind: ***glomps her***

Lind: SENSEI! TEACH ME YOUR SECRET!

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892

Did Tyr or Skuld See what happened at the storage center? Might there be help on the way? How long has World of Elegance got?

Does Hild know what happened to her daughter? Might she have felt it?

Things are not looking good for Lind, but there is reason to believe that Urd will survive. From Chapter 37:

Tyr sighed.  “Urd has her own path she must walk, and it will not be an easy one for her.”  He looked up to the painting of his wife and children, and his expression was sad.  Mournful, even.  “Her path is not as clear to me as Belldandy’s, and because of that, I will not speak more on the subject.”  He looked back to Peorth.  “Instead take solace in that you have restored Belldandy and Keiichi to a path that will bring them happiness.  There are still many trials to come, that much is certain.  But now they can face them in a way that will assure their success.”

I don't think he'd be talking about the 'path she must walk' if she were going to die in a month. There is no way Belldandy and Keiichi could be on 'a path that will bring them happiness' if Urd or World of Elegance dies. Belldandy's guilt over her last words to Urd would haunt her, and destroy her relationship with Keiichi. She wouldn't want to face Skuld or Tyr either.

Piled on top of everything else that's happened to her, I think Urd's death would cause her to withdraw from the whole universe.

Demons in a storage center. I see those things everywhere. (The storage centers, not the demons) We really are a nation of hoarders, aren't we?

Urd    47
Urd

I've actually have been giving this some thought, but can't come up with anything decent tbh.

I have this nagging feeling that Urd and Lind are coming out it...World of Elegance, not so much.

I mean...with a hole of the size of my first in the poor things chest, i don't see how any1 currently in the story can save the poor thing. Unless WoE is covered in plot armor, that is. 

Time is of the essence for those in the warehouse, and their best option might be Mara and her gang. Could one of those Wilder demons be some sort of Tic? It would make sense...one does not gather a team without a "medic" in it....so...yea...maybe...

But even taking this with a grain of salt and assuming there is a Tic amongst the Wilder's gang, what can he do? For sure, he must be able to do something for Lind until she's evacuated, but for World of Elegance? I just don't see how...even if Nebo was to come like, right now, accompanied by a flight of Valkyries who were dispatched as soon as Lind engaged the Rabishu (i wonder if they do know already...hmm...) , what could he do? Get a massive cork and plug the poor thing?

Which brings me to the option of World of Elegance not making it at all. Question is, how could Urd not turn into a vegetal?

If i think of Hild in this equation, I'm sure she knows what happened to her daughter, and i'm also sure that if she thought that Urd was going to hit the dust or be reduced to a vegetal, she would have come down already. If she hasn't, it's because she knows there's a solution to this situation. For some reason, i could even see something like this "pleasing" Hild. Demons see angels as a "weakness", right? Something that amplifies the gods powers, but also hinders them. It's an exploit, a way to disable the god and still honor doublet, so i wouldn't be surprised if Hild is letting this all happen so her daughter can get "rid" of this "weakness". Hild must be certain there is a way for Urd to live without her angel... Question is "how".

Only thing i can come up with tbh, is that someway, somehow, Urd's demon blood will allow her to "function" without her angel.

But this still feels too weak of an attempt to justify her pulling through...i must be missing something in the bigger picture here.

I wonder where they are taking Urd and Lind to recover. I'm pretty sure they are not being send to a Midgard hospital. Lind can go to a military hospital somewhere in Asgard. But Urd? I wonder if they'll lift her ban for a while, just so they can save her somehow. (there's always the possibility of Mara taking her to Niflheim...but i don't see that happening. Not right now, when the attempt to murder Urd came from their side of the fence. Heck, i can almost picture Mara looking at Lind, who's only half awake before they take her away and saying something along the lines of:

"You take her out of here. Take her somewhere safe, you get me? Take her where no god or demon can find her."

As for Belldandyand Keiichi, I also thought about that too. If Urd hits the dust, i'm sure Keiichi would never forgive Belldandy. As for WoE...he still doesn't understand the importancy of the angels to the gods...i mean, he does know what they mean to them, but i don't think he feels about the angels as he feels about the goddess. If Urd were to "escape" with the loss of her angel, i think Keiichi would eventually be cool about it.

Belldandy thou...Belldandy knows. Unless both Urd and WoE make it out of this alive and in one piece, the poor girl is in for some serious depressing, self-loathing moments.

Also, i'm dying to see Skuld's view on this when she pops back. I also want to know if she saw any of this in her visions...

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Urd said:

I have this nagging feeling that Urd and Lind are coming out it...World of Elegance, not so much.

I mean...with a hole of the size of my first in the poor things chest, i don't see how any1 currently in the story can save the poor thing. Unless WoE is covered in plot armor, that is.

The hole is in her back, and there is no mention of where in her back. If it's far enough off center, she could have quite a while to get treatment.

4 hours ago, Urd said:

Which brings me to the option of World of Elegance not making it at all. Question is, how could Urd not turn into a vegetable?

If i think of Hild in this equation, I'm sure she knows what happened to her daughter, and i'm also sure that if she thought that Urd was going to hit the dust or be reduced to a vegetal, she would have come down already. If she hasn't, it's because she knows there's a solution to this situation. For some reason, I could even see something like this "pleasing" Hild. Demons see angels as a "weakness", right? Something that amplifies the gods powers, but also hinders them. It's an exploit, a way to disable the god and still honor doublet, so i wouldn't be surprised if Hild is letting this all happen so her daughter can get "rid" of this "weakness". Hild must be certain there is a way for Urd to live without her angel... Question is "how".

Only thing I can come up with tbh, is that someway, somehow, Urd's demon blood will allow her to "function" without her angel.

No. Losing World of Elegance would leave Urd soul-dead at best, more likely comatose like Lind's flight. No Happy Endings for anybody, not even Hild. Remember Tyr's vision of Belldandy without Holy Bell? That's the best they could hope for. She wouldn't be Urd any more.

4 hours ago, Urd said:

As for Belldandy and Keiichi, I also thought about that too. If Urd hits the dust, i'm sure Keiichi would never forgive Belldandy. As for WoE...he still doesn't understand the importance of the angels to the gods...i mean, he does know what they mean to them, but i don't think he feels about the angels as he feels about the goddess. If Urd were to "escape" with the loss of her angel, i think Keiichi would eventually be cool about it.

Keiichi probably wouldn't blame her. He was there, he saw the situation. Somebody had to stop the rabishu, and somebody had to save Aiko. He's been in the shit, he's Seen The Elephant, he knows sometimes not everybody makes it and it's not the Good Guys' fault.

4 hours ago, Urd said:

Belldandy though...Belldandy knows. Unless both Urd and WoE make it out of this alive and in one piece, the poor girl is in for some serious depressing, self-loathing moments.

Moments? Belldandy would never forgive herself, especially after her last words to her sister. Urd's death, or World of Elegance's, would haunt her forever. She might even seek her own death while exterminating Hagall And Company. What could a kamikaze Goddess First Class, Unlimited do to a bunch of demons?

Hey, as the Wind Goddess, she literally is a Kami-Kaze!

4 hours ago, Urd said:

I wonder where they are taking Urd and Lind to recover. I'm pretty sure they are not being sent to a Midgard hospital. Lind can go to a military hospital somewhere in Asgard. But Urd? I wonder if they'll lift her ban for a while, just so they can save her somehow. (there's always the possibility of Mara taking her to Niflheim...but i don't see that happening. Not right now, when the attempt to murder Urd came from their side of the fence. Heck, i can almost picture Mara looking at Lind, who's only half awake before they take her away and saying something along the lines of:

"You take her out of here. Take her somewhere safe, you get me? Take her where no god or demon can find her."

As Nena has reminded us, Urd is only banished from Asgard. She can travel freely to any other realm. It might not be necessary. The storage center is on a ley line, a naturally-occurring magical power conduit. Fixing World of Elegance up right there will probably be the best course of action.

Edited by Imaginos1892