Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Urd    47
Urd
3 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

No. Losing World of Elegance would leave Urd soul-dead at best, more likely comatose like Lind's flight. No Happy Endings for anybody, not even Hild. Remember Tyr's vision of Belldandy without Holy Bell? That's the best Urd could hope for.

She should be. I just don't think she'll be. "How" is what i can't explain. Or maybe this is all crap and they do fix WoE with duck tape (or bandages and soup..like Arya)...who knows?

As Nena has reminded us, Urd is only banished from Asgard. She can travel freely to any other realm, if necessary. It might not be. The storage center is on a ley line, a naturally-occurring magical power conduit. Fixing World of Elegance up right there will probably be the best course of action.

And what realm would possess medical knowledge to heal a god/demon hybrid and be willing to take in a patient that kinda has a "wanted" poster with a bounty at the bottom at some shady tavern in Niflheim?

I'm certain Urd is going away after this arc is over. If she's going to willing accept Lind's proposal to go to Chugach or Lind is going to drag her ass there remais to be seem. But they need to be "fixed" already in order for that to happen...

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
Posted (edited)

If World of Elegance dies, even if Urd remains functional she won't be Urd any more. Belldandy won't be herself any more either. The whole story breaks in two on the surface and sinks like the Titanic.

2 hours ago, Urd said:

And what realm would possess medical knowledge to heal a god/demon hybrid and be willing to take in a patient that kinda has a "wanted" poster with a bounty at the bottom at some shady tavern in Niflheim?

How did you come up with that? A small group of renegade demons tried to murder Urd, and they now have Hild's Hounds on their asses. Even if they manage to do some more damage, they are burnt toast, dead demons walkin'. Helping Urd would put you on Hild's good side, or as close to it as she has. Staying away from Niflheim was always Urd's choice, not some sort of outlaw status.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd
Posted (edited)

I was being sarcastic...:tongue:

Really, wanted posters on shady taverns jokes aside, think about it. We only known of a grp of renegade demons wanting to murder Urd. But how many more share the same view? If they take out these (which they will), do they take out all ALL who wish to see Urd dead? Who's to say there won't be more? Who's to say there are not more demons, besides the ones in Hagal's gang atm, that agree with her views and take up the task she failed after Belldandy and Mara deal with her?

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
3 hours ago, Urd said:

I was being sarcastic...:tongue:

Well, then, you should have used the SARCASM font! :tongue: Lemme see, where did they put that…

3 hours ago, Urd said:

Really, wanted posters on shady taverns jokes aside, think about it. We only known of a grp of renegade demons wanting to murder Urd. But how many more share the same view? If they take out these (which they will), do they take out all ALL who wish to see Urd dead? Who's to say there won't be more? Who's to say there are not more demons, besides the ones in Hagal's gang atm, that agree with her views and take up the task she failed after Belldandy and Mara deal with her?

Urd grew up in Niflheim hanging out with Mara's Wilder Bunch. She was never a secret. I would expect that any demons willing to go that far have already joined Hagall. Any others with — sympathies — will see what happens to this lot and abandon any ambitions they might have.

Even if you're right, even if it would be politically inconvenient for Hild to hunt down demons just for trying to kill Urd, she can make it crystal clear just how much of their punishment is a result of their attempt to murder her daughter. You think Hild can't pound that lesson into even the thickest demon skulls? "I am Damkianna Hild and this is what happens when you Piss! Me! OFF!"
———————————
What’s more dangerous than a polar bear? A bipolar bear!

Urd    47
Urd

Well, then, you should have used the SARCASM font! :tongue: Lemme see, where did they put that…

We have a sarcarm font? oK...I, Urd, Queen of all Slippers and pink Pijamas, hereby declare that the sarcasm font shall be Comic Sans... 

Urd grew up in Niflheim hanging out with Mara's Wilder Bunch. She was never a secret. I would expect that any demons willing to go that far have already joined Hagall. Any others with — sympathies — will see what happens to this lot and abandon any ambitions they might have.

Even if you're right, even if it would be politically inconvenient for Hild to hunt down demons just for trying to kill Urd, she can make it crystal clear just how much of their punishment is a result of their attempt to murder her daughter. You think Hild can't pound that lesson into even the thickest demon skulls? "I am Damkianna Hild and this is what happens when you Piss! Me! OFF!"

I never said Urd was a secret. 

But yea, ofc Hild can put some additional punishment in there, and ofc every demon worth their weight in salt will know that the extra pain came because of whom was involved....

But the official reason couldn't be "because you tried to murder my daughter", for reasons i explained before. I would always have to be "because you stole from me" (or something similar).

At least that's how i see things...

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
On 10/8/2017 at 7:11 PM, Urd said:

Uuuhhh…do you really think there are any un-shady taverns in Niflheim? :biggrin:

Not that we'd know. Nena hasn't really showed us much about Niflheim so far. We know Urd doesn't like the place, we've seen one military research station way out in the boonies, but Downtown Niflheim is still a mystery to us po' readers.

Maybe we'll see more of it, later?
———————————
Thor: “Merriment can sometimes be as great a burden as battle.”
Heimdall: “Then you are doing one of them incorrectly.”

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd
1 hour ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Maybe we'll see more of it, later?

I wouldn't mind!! ;)

I've been reading through the more than 100 pages of comments in this thread yesterday, and i kinda feel like i'm monopolizing the comments and maybe scaring other ppl away. Van, Solopy, Grayfox, Nevermore, even Katz, who is quoted as one of the authors hasn't show up in the comments lately. I'll be stepping down a little bit to give other ppl space to debate.

Edited by Urd
grammar

Nena Camadera    59
Nena Camadera

Sorry guys, right now there aren't any plans to see the more urban areas of Niflheim in Scarred Survivors. 

I will say that Niflheim is like any other densely-populated land, however. Despite being ruled by an effective dictatorship, the residents all manage to live normal lives like everyone else. Raise a family, get a job, pay taxes, occasionally suffer the sudden and inexplicable bloodrage that sends them off in a mad and rampaging battle against local law enforcement, play sports, bitch about politics... you know, the usual. 

Nena Camadera    59
Nena Camadera

If you want though, I can answer any questions if there are any. Or try to, at least. 

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
On 10/11/2017 at 12:38 PM, Urd said:

I've been reading through the more than 100 pages of comments in this thread yesterday, and i kinda feel like I'm monopolizing the comments and maybe scaring other ppl away. Van, Solopy, Grayfox, Nevermore, even Katz, who is quoted as one of the authors hasn't show up in the comments lately. I'll be stepping down a little bit to give other ppl space to debate.

Awww, I doubt they're that timid. You don't scare me!

Maybe we both scare 'em? :laugh:

I don't think HotelKatz has been writing this story. I think his contribution was to 'The Original' one-shot it's based on.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd
On 12/10/2017 at 5:12 PM, Imaginos1892 said:

Awww, I doubt they're that timid. You don't scare me!

Should I?

:laugh:

Anyway, i'm on duty tonight and Sunday...i'm bored out of my mind...literally looking at my hands, so i decided to get a little bit creative.

My left hand was the live model and also re-styled my own leather bracelet. Here's the shitty outcome. ("anime'izing" my own hand is kinda weird btw..)

Hey, at least it came from Urd's own hand! Literally...

Guess what scene it isssssss XD

20171013_204523.jpg

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892

Well, there's another week gone without a chapter. Waaaaah! Even yesterday I held out a tiny, tiny bit of hope that it might just be a day late, but that hope is gone. Now all our hopes are pinned on next week.

On 10/13/2017 at 12:50 PM, Urd said:

Anyway, I'm on duty tonight and Sunday...I'm bored out of my mind...literally looking at my hands, so I decided to get a little bit creative.

My left hand was the live model and also re-styled my own leather bracelet. Here's the shitty outcome. ("anime'izing" my own hand is kinda weird btw..)

Hey, at least it came from Urd's own hand! Literally...

Guess what scene it isssssss XD

Not to be a critic, but I think it's good. If you think it's shitty, you really don't want to see the results if I try to draw something! At least yours looks like a hand.

I envisioned Urd's bracelet as being a lot wider, with at least a dozen little shells woven together, more likely two dozen.
———————————
At my house, the 'things that go bump in the night' are cats.