Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Goddess Relief Office
Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Urd    47
Urd
26 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Well, there's another week gone without a chapter. Waaaaah! Even yesterday I held out a tiny, tiny bit of hope that it might just be a day late, but that hope is gone. Now all our hopes are pinned on next week.

Not to be a critic, but I think it's good. If you think it's shitty, you really don't want to see the results if I try to draw something! At least yours looks like a hand.

I envisioned Urd's bracelet as being a lot wider, with at least a dozen little shells woven together, more likely two dozen.
———————————
At my house, the 'things that go bump in the night' are cats.

Yup...i was hoping too, and now i'm with you on hoping some more XD

i'm even concerned for Idi at this point...it's been almost 2 weeks since we've seen hair of him around the forum.

About the drawing...well, i usually have high standarts for my own art...I'm still trying to convince my Muse to visit me so i can do a proper rendition of Keiichi as a Navy SEAL. My Muse, being the bitch stubborn entity that she is, has been ignoring me...

Yea.. i kinda ran out of space to draw the tiny shells... hehehehe (i admit..i forgot about them 'till the very end..) But yea..a larger one might have made more sense...

Oh well!

grayfox123    136
grayfox123

I do want to cry for another chapter...but since I started writing fanfics....I have come to appreciate how something simple can be sooo hard.

First there is writer's block, then there is real life (I do have a job, as a medic, and that takes lots of time), then there is the bad side of life (currently struggling with stress and near-burnout).

Then all sorts of new ideas for fanfics come into your mind at the same time..in addition to your ongoing and future projects. (I have two new ideas for fanfics that popped into my head this past week, and they have not only refused to leave, but have taken up residence ,and are even building an extension to the residence. Without my approval, of course)

SO...we wait..patiently for the next chapter......

Urd    47
Urd
37 minutes ago, grayfox123 said:

I do want to cry for another chapter...but since I started writing fanfics....I have come to appreciate how something simple can be sooo hard.

First there is writer's block, then there is real life (I do have a job, as a medic, and that takes lots of time), then there is the bad side of life (currently struggling with stress and near-burnout).

Then all sorts of new ideas for fanfics come into your mind at the same time..in addition to your ongoing and future projects. (I have two new ideas for fanfics that popped into my head this past week, and they have not only refused to leave, but have taken up residence ,and are even building an extension to the residence. Without my approval, of course)

Ouch..shouldn't you doctors have some kind of..i don't know...timeoff in case you're reaching burnout stage?

And i completely get the last part. I have this nasty habit of getting all the good ideas when i'm at work or at the gym (when i'm not near the pc, or i can't spare time to do much). When i do have a chance to get near my pc...puff...all gone. And i'm like "where are the good ideas again? They were right heeeeereeee just 3 hours ago!"

Wait a sec! You're a doc! 

Let me steal you for a sec, just for entertainment purposes.

Doctor Grayfox, what would be the most adequated treatment for Miss Lind perfurated lung? And what are the consequences of Urd's seizure, and does it inflict any damage to the body, besides the ones originated from her trashing around? Also, if World of Elegance was a human being, is it possible to save an individual with a 5inc hole straight in the back?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892    18
Imaginos1892
5 hours ago, grayfox123 said:

When they do that, when something hops into your head and demands to be written, go ahead and write it. Even if it’s not what you’re ’supposed’ to be writing now.

It happens to me all the time. I’ll be trying to grind out one more sentence when something completely unrelated jumps up and hollers, ‘Look at me!’. They don’t go away. The only way to put them to rest is to write them out. I’ve got scenes, and whole chapters done that are six or seven chapters ahead of what I’m ‘supposed’ to be writing now. I’ve got pieces of things completely unrelated to that story. I’ve got the end of my current chapter almost finished, even though I’m still working on the middle.

After I write them, they mostly settle down and behave. Mostly. If they do act out, I can re-read what’s written, and usually find something to add, or revise, and improve on it. That usually shuts them up, at least for a while.

4 hours ago, Urd said:

And I completely get the last part. I have this nasty habit of getting all the good ideas when I'm at work or at the gym (when I'm not near the pc, or I can't spare time to do much). When I do have a chance to get near my pc...puff...all gone. And I'm like "where are the good ideas again? They were right heeeeereeee just 3 hours ago!"

Yeah…I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes, and turn on the computer, and type…or grab a pencil and a scrap of paper…just so something doesn't evaporate. Sometimes it even makes sense when I read it in the morning!

Sometimes I don't write it down, and when I try to bring it back it's just not there. Bummer.

5 hours ago, grayfox123 said:

Patiently? Who said anything about patiently? Don’t mistake my grudging recognition that there’s nothing I can do to get that next chapter for patience!
———————————
It’s reassuring to find that the world is crazier than you are.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    47
Urd
52 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Yeah…I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes, and turn on the computer, and type…or grab a pencil and a scrap of paper…just so something doesn't evaporate. Sometimes it even makes sense when I read it in the morning!

Ever since i watched a movie where the kid who saw/talked/was stalked by ghosts was advised to leave a piece of paper and a pen next to his bed (so that the spirits could communicate with him ) i avoid leaving such things at my bedside table. What if when i wake up there's actually something written in there?!?!??!

No, thank you.

I can do my writing during the day. I'm good XD

grayfox123    136
grayfox123
15 hours ago, Urd said:

Wait a sec! You're a doc! 

Let me steal you for a sec, just for entertainment purposes.

Doctor Grayfox, what would be the most adequated treatment for Miss Lind perfurated lung? And what are the consequences of Urd's seizure, and does it inflict any damage to the body, besides the ones originated from her trashing around? Also, if World of Elegance was a human being, is it possible to save an individual with a 5inc hole straight in the back?

Thanks in advance!

Well

1.Keep in mind that goddess physiology isn't exactly the same as human physiology...

2.For Lind, she needs intensive care, plus a chest tube inserted into her chest (most likely in her upper chest since she may have what we medics call a pneumothorax..air in the chest due to an injury).

The chest tube will be connected to what we call an 'underwater seal' (a special bottle filled with fluid) to allow air escape from the chest. ).

(For the interested....chest tube insertion: https://www.healthline.com/health/chest-tube-insertion#overview1

The aim of all that is to allow the  lung to re-expand while the chest wound heals.(so that the patient can breathe properly again eventually

If the lung does not re-inflate after five days, Lind might need an operation.A chest op.

3.For Urd...if the seizures last longer than 30 minutes , it's intensive care, and a long period of rehab, depending on how well she does neurologically once she regains full consciousness

Assuming the seizures just happen for a few minutes , well, she might recover fully...hopefully

(But since we don't know much about ten-dimensional being neurological physiology...).

4.Word of Elegance...hmm...if the wound does not reach a major vessel or spinal cord...yes, the answer is that it is possible she might live . BUT If the wound hits a major vessel...because hanging around the back is a giant vessel called the aorta which is responsible for pumping blood all over your body...speed is of the essence (as in...get a chopper down there to take her straight to the nearest good hospital, with a full surgical team on standby.). And if the spine is affected...well...let me say that the hole better not be anywhere near the back of the upper neck...because death is certain if it is.Lower down, disability is a major risk...depending on the level of injury to the spinal cord.

Edited by grayfox123

Urd    47
Urd

Wow! That was awesome Grayfox!

Thanks a lot!

Nena Camadera    61
Nena Camadera

Grayfox, that is, in all honesty, an amazing analysis based off what happened to the others.  Thank you for sharing.

Also, some additional good news: The next chapter is currently in the beta and has undergone the first round of edits.  Hopefully we'll have the chapter up in the next day or two.  Thanks for the patience, guys.

grayfox123    136
grayfox123

Thanks for the compliments, Urd and Nena.