Community Message: We're currently in the middle of our donation drive. For those willing to send a donation, we ask that you use the feature in the sidebar to send a donation. For those who send a donation, a donation badge will be featured in your profile next to every message you post. members can dismiss this message by clicking on the 'x' in the upper-right corner. Donations are used for hosting fees, license renewal for the forum software and domain name renewal.

Nena Camadera

Scarred Survivors

Imaginos1892    21
Imaginos1892

Keiichi made a major tactical error, approaching Thrymr. He should have known better.
He should have backed off at least fifteen feet as soon as Debra dragged Belldandy away. I would never get close to a downed demon.

He's down 6 rounds now, out of what? Did Belldandy hand him three 20-round magazines, or 30's? Or — I know they make 40's.

22 minutes ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

I have been working on the fight scene between Bell and Thrymr, but that was put on hold so that we could finalize this chapter.

Why? At this point Belldandy has to realize what Hagall is up to; why would she go on playing the game?
Tell Keiichi or Debra to pop another dozen rounds into Thrymr and then finish her off while she’s down.
(I know, I know, you can't kill a demon, but there has to be some semi-permanent way to put one out of action)
It ain’t a tournament! It’s either war, or hunting down a gang of criminals, and either way ‘playing fair’ is just plain stupid.
Thrymr is nothing but a waste of time, so dispose of her as efficiently as possible and move on.

Edited by Imaginos1892

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada
1 minute ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Keiichi made a major tactical error, approaching Thrymr. He should have known better.

A major reason why you should never let emotions get in the way in situations like this. 

2 minutes ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Why? At this point Belldandy has to realize what Hagall is up to; why would she go on playing the game?
Tell Keiichi or Debra to pop another dozen rounds into Thrymr and then finish her off while she’s down.
(I know, I know, you can't kill a demon, but there has to be some semi-permanent way to put one out of action)
It ain’t a tournament! It’s either war, or hunting down a gang of criminals, and either way ‘playing fair’ is just plain stupid.
Thrymr is nothing but a waste of time, so dispose of her as efficiently as possible and move on.

But that just wouldn't be very dramatic, now would it?  And it is addressed pretty early in the next chapter.  Thrymr was back up at the end of this one in spite of having 3 rounds in her chest.

Imaginos1892    21
Imaginos1892
36 minutes ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

But that just wouldn't be very dramatic, now would it?  And it is addressed pretty early in the next chapter.

True, but one must balance drama with realism, lest the readers call bullshit and denounce one as a hack. :biggrin:

Admit it, you really, reeeeeeally want to write that Belldandy vs. Thrymr fight scene, don't you?

36 minutes ago, IdiAmeanDada said:

Thrymr was back up at the end of this one in spite of having 3 rounds in her chest.

True again, but they did put her down for a good 10 or 15 seconds. Belldandy can do a lot in 10 seconds. Urd needed much less to seal the demon in Keiichi's watch.

Is Debra wearing a watch? :tongue:

That's one of my Pet Peeves about some movies. Our Heroes shoot the monster two or three times, it falls down, it gets back up.
"Oh shit it got back up! Bullets are useless! Run away, run away!"
Yeah, OK, it got back up, but first it fell down. Shoot it again! And again! Maybe 20 or 30 rounds will do what 2 or 3 didn't.
At least it buys you time; it can't chase you while it's knocked on its ass.
———————————
They say I can't be a nonconformist because I’m not like the other nonconformists.

Edited by Imaginos1892

IdiAmeanDada    47
IdiAmeanDada

So I will give you a small bit of spoilery information.  Bell did not fully heal Keiichi.  Just applied a quick stop gap to get him stabilized. 

Urd    52
Urd

I'm going to postpone my own review for a while.

I'm just going to say:

YOU RAPED HER, YOU MURDERED HER, YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN!

SAY IT!

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892    21
Imaginos1892
On 10/23/2017 at 9:28 AM, IdiAmeanDada said:

So I will give you a small bit of spoilery information.  Bell did not fully heal Keiichi.  Just applied a quick stop gap to get him stabilized. 

I kind of figured that. She couldn't spare the energy, or the time. But the only thing wrong with Debra is reluctance, and she's got the AR-15 with either 14 or 24 rounds left.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:43 AM, Urd said:

YOU RAPED HER, YOU MURDERED HER, YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN!

SAY IT!

Channeling Sam Kinison there, Urd?
———————————
Don’t open that!! It’s the original can of worms!

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    52
Urd
On 23/10/2017 at 5:48 PM, Imaginos1892 said:

Channeling Sam Kinison there, Urd?
———————————

You know nothing Imaginos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMmYzYhgnPs

Urd    52
Urd

Right, bear in mind that this is the review that i hd ready since last week. Some of the stuff might already have been answered here in the forums already since then.

----------------------------

So…the demons that make up Legion don’t have the same goals huh? It’s not like they’re together for a common and single cause. Halval just wanted to belong, and her allegiance to the Legion was weak. Thrymr was promised a chance to go against Ansuz daughter ( I wonder what was the demon in the watch promised… )But still, it’s not like they all feel about Urd the same way Hagal feels (or maybe not that strongly, at least). She just put together a team of whoever was looking out for a chance to fulfill their specific goals. Interesting. I can see some backstabbing and betrayal coming into Hagal’s way, if that was really the case. Once the demons get what they were looking after, how far will they follow Hagal?

Moving on. So Belldandy’s nightmare was Aoshima, Deb’s was Jank trying to kill her and Keiichi was what? Prob Fida again, if i were to guess… They have to find a way to resist Hagal’s magic, or there won’t be another “shot in the dark” (literally speaking) to save them from their own minds again.

What’s up with the Wilder bunch? I thought they were out for hunting, not cleaning the mess.

I hope they don’t stay behind cleaning up the remains of whoever Belldandy and co. deal with (like taking ages to reach our heroes, and ofc, only arriving the scene after Belldandy is finished with Thrymr…)

I could almost see a scenario where Bell and Thrymr pretty much K.O each other (or Bell wins the fight but collapses after using all of her powers) and Hagal arrives going HOHOHO, I WIN BY DEFAULT, only for the Wilder to come and kick her ass to Thy Kingdom come. Buuuut that would deny the chance of revenge for poor Bell (and also deny the epic speeches Hagal and Bell have to give each other), so it’s prolly not going that way.

Speaking of epic speeches, i have to agree with our middle Norn. These ppl talk too much. If she ever does get to Hagal, major brownie points if she just punches her in the face when she starts to give her epic intro speech.

And Hagal going: o.O

And Bell going: you people talk wayyyyy too much.

(fight ensues)

Mwahahaha

I have to admit I didn’t understand Bell’s remark about the doublet system. Would you guys care to explain? A demon going at other demon won’t trigger doublet? I’m pretty sure is not that, but that’s what I understood from her lines…

Speaking of which. I’m kinda upset about the way everybody seems to be getting away from major situations with the power of the word!

Praise the Lord! (insert cat with hands in the air picture)

So Lind managed to calm down a raging Urd earlier on with the Power of the Word. Now Deb manages to calm down a raging Bell (who just lost her sister (or so she thinks)) also with the Power of the Word. Heck, in Warcraft the Priest class have spells named Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Horror, Shadow Word: Death, Shadow Word: Shield. If SS chars were a WoW player, at least Deb and Lind would be Priests with the new spell Shadow Word: Speeches, in their cast bars!!!!

Shadow Word: Speech: 40 000 mana, 5 min cast time – soothes the target, ending all murderous intent. 30 days cool down.

bwahahahahaha

I really really have been playing too much Warcraft, haven’t I? XD

I mean, I get that they’re not rabit beasts, but rather adults who can be bring down to reason, but it kinda feels… moot, weak, when things de-escalate so fast with some on-the-fly pep talk. Would be nice to see someone going FUCK ALL OF THIS, for a change.

Also…did Bell healed Keiichi or just took some of the pain away? It kinda makes sense that she can heal him with magic (she healed Aiko’s broken nose before, and Urd pretty much resuscitated Kei-boy, so….) (it seems Idi's already coommented on this. Why is that that Belldandy can't fully heal him again?)

Oh well, let’s wait for the next chapter now.

Imaginos1892    21
Imaginos1892
9 hours ago, Urd said:

You know nothing Imaginos.

Well, I didn't see that, anyway. Lost interest in Game Of Thrones sometime in the second season. Now they're going to kill off Tyrion? He was the best character in the whole damn show!

9 hours ago, Urd said:

Moving on. So Belldandy’s nightmare was Aoshima, Deb’s was Jank trying to kill her and Keiichi was what? Prob Fida again, if i were to guess… They have to find a way to resist Hagal’s magic, or there won’t be another “shot in the dark” (literally speaking) to save them from their own minds again.

Idi says Hagall wasn't even there. It was all Halval, sensory deprivation and their own nightmares. I'd think such extreme effects should have taken longer, but I guess they didn't.
In the manga Hagall had to make eye contact, or at least look at you. Total darkness would prevent that. Keiichi defeated her by popping up behind her and spitting micro-Hild into her ear.
Can Hagall torment more than one person at a time? That has not been answered, either way.

9 hours ago, Urd said:

I have to admit I didn’t understand Bell’s remark about the doublet system. Would you guys care to explain? A demon going at other demon won’t trigger doublet? I’m pretty sure is not that, but that’s what I understood from her lines…

A demon killing another demon would kill the demon's doublet. That could be considered an act of war against Asgard. Definitely not something to do without Hild's approval.

9 hours ago, Urd said:

Also…did Bell healed Keiichi or just took some of the pain away? It kinda makes sense that she can heal him with magic (she healed Aiko’s broken nose before, and Urd pretty much resuscitated Kei-boy, so….) (it seems Idi's already coommented on this. Why is that that Belldandy can't fully heal him again?)

Healing takes time and energy, and Thrymr just got up again. Belldandy only had time to stop the bleeding and pain.

I still say Belldandy should have Debra shoot Thrymr a dozen or so times with the AR-15's Magic Bullets and then finish her off. Aiko is the priority, and Thrymr is just a waste of time.

9 hours ago, Urd said:

What’s up with the Wilder Bunch? I thought they were out for hunting, not cleaning the mess.

I hope they don’t stay behind cleaning up the remains of whoever Belldandy and co. deal with (like taking ages to reach our heroes, and ofc, only arriving the scene after Belldandy is finished with Thrymr…)

I could almost see a scenario where Bell and Thrymr pretty much K.O each other (or Bell wins the fight but collapses after using all of her powers) and Hagall arrives going HOHOHO, I WIN BY DEFAULT, only for the Wilder to come and kick her ass to Thy Kingdom come. Buuuut that would deny the chance of revenge for poor Bell (and also deny the epic speeches Hagall and Bell have to give each other), so it’s prolly not going that way.

Speaking of epic speeches, i have to agree with our middle Norn. These ppl talk too much. If she ever does get to Hagall, major brownie points if she just punches her in the face when she starts to give her epic intro speech.

No monologuing! 'Twould be funny, Hagall starts gloating and, POW! Belldandy's Deadly Left! Followed by a 10-page epic beatdown. With Hagall bitching about not being allowed to finish her monologue!
———————————
It takes two to make peace. It only takes one to make war.

Edited by Imaginos1892

Urd    52
Urd
2 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Idi says Hagall wasn't even there. It was all Halval, sensory deprivation and their own nightmares. I'd think such extreme effects should have taken longer, but I guess they didn't.
In the manga Hagall had to make eye contact, or at least look at you. Total darkness would prevent that. Keiichi defeated her by popping up behind her and spitting micro-Hild into her ear.
Can Hagall torment more than one person at a time? That has not been answered, either way.

Idi said that? Where?

That this is a story about scarred survivours, i have no doubt. That our heroes would start to have vivid nightmares as soon as the lights went off, i doubt it. It would make sense for Hagal to mind assault them while Halval was playing with the lights. And then fleeing as soon as Halval got taken out.

I dont remember being stated in the manga that Hagal needed to make eye contact to make her voodoo-magic-thingy work.

Might we wrong thou...it's been a while since i've read it.

Edited by Urd

Imaginos1892    21
Imaginos1892
6 hours ago, Urd said:

I dont remember being stated in the manga that Hagal needed to make eye contact to make her voodoo-magic-thingy work.

Chapter 274 page 4 panel 1 and page 17 panel 3. The complete absence of light should have a similar effect to looking away.

Urd    52
Urd
7 hours ago, Imaginos1892 said:

Chapter 274 page 4 panel 1 and page 17 panel 3. The complete absence of light should have a similar effect to looking away.

Point taken then.

Now I'm having a very very very hard time swallowing the fact that belldandy froze and started having nightmares as soon as the lights went out, when she was focused on an upcoming fight... and we never had any indication in ss before that she reacted so strongly to the darkness, so..yea... that was random.